Public Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Consulting Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Public Consulting Group

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process at Public Consulting Group was quite lengthy. I went through five separate interviews with five different individuals. The process spanned over several months and made my decision to keep pursuing them challenging as I had offers from other companies coming through while I was waiting to hear back on next steps from PCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a challenging client or individual and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group in September 2012.

Interview

I went through TEKSystems for this interview. There was a barrage of questions about the details of my CV by my peers as well as some conversation with management. The Q/A session lasted about 45 minutes while the discussion with management was much shorter. They decide fairly quickly whether to bring someone onto the team.

Interview Questions

• Do you actually enjoy working with Perl?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

They did a phone screen and then an in-person interview. The in person was straight forward, some technical questions and in depth about the industry and structure there at PCG. Nothing out of the ordinary. I met with about 5 people total.

They use HireRight to do background checks. This can take time. My process took two weeks.

The folks there seems to be on the level and know what they are doing.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interviewing process was quiet lengthy! I was first screened by the recruiter and later interviewed via phone by an actual team member. That team member wanted to bring me in for a face to face interview as the next step. I was informed that I would be given a case study ahead of time, however, I was only given 36 hours to prepare. I was expected to create a PowerPoint presentation and then present it in front of the team in my face to face interview. To me, the presentation was a little difficult due to me being unfamiliar with the material, however the overall experience of interviewing wasn’t difficult at all. One thing to note is the full transparency during my face to face interview. During, I received feedback (not related to my presentation) that made me feel somewhat uncomfortable and left me kinda confused.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experiences in the past handling difficult clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy!

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application in September and was contacted in October for a phone interview, followed by 2 in-person interviews. The interviewers and HR contacts were awesome-- really conversational and made me feel comfortable. Questions were pretty standard, besides some questions about your connection to the public sector/specific department. During the second interview, I was given a data test, which caught me off guard. HR got in touch several weeks later. I had another offer, and they weren't able to make me an offer in the time span. Overall, very positive experience and really great company.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person panel interview. I then met with the manager of the department. I was a asked to come back in for a second in person interview with management from Charlotte. They then asked me to complete a case study, and then I had another phone interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was typical, it consisted of a phone interview with HR and then an in office interview with the local Atlanta office personnel, and regional manager. The young ladies running the local office and conducting the interview didn't seem very experienced in interviewing people and were quite immature. I was taken aback by the un-professionalism. The interview questions were very simple and basic and the young ladies seemed very un-interested in conducting the interview in the first place. I was completely taken aback by the attitude shown during the process.

Interview Questions

• The giggles and and incoherent lines of questioning was most unexpected. There were no real difficult questions.   Answer Question

I wouldn't recommend working in the Atlanta PCG office unless you're completely desperate,without a job, and or a brand new kid out of college. Very immature young staff disorganized and unprofessional. It was like being interviewed for entry into a sorority. The Atlanta Office is not ideal for the seasoned professional. In addition they don't offer competitive pay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Talked to a an internal contact to set of a interview. She was a family member of someone in my network, positive feedback at first but then no response.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very short interview, taken by the Team Lead. Lasted not more than 30 mins.
    Asked basic question regarding previous employements and experiences from resume.
    Academic projects and academic knowledge questions.
    Must know SQL as its the most important, and widely used around

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

General task and behavior type questions with multiple supervisors. Took a while to schedule but once on the books, the dates and times and locations were worked out. A good conversation and had chance to asked lots of questions.