Public Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.7

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

They asked your experience, availability, and what subjects you were comfortable teaching. The most you were open to teaching, the more likely you were to be hired. They also were very critical of your appearance because they are worried about the educational brand they are selling.

Child Care Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed regarding the position. The email expressed a high level of interest and requested a phone screen the same or following day. Short, positive call. I followed up with an email 2 days later saying I was not chosen to go on.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions then told about the salary. Very concerned I would not find the salary acceptable   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

I was referred internally and despite having a great internal recommendation, the recruiter from Boston missed our scheduled call. Straight up, didn't call. I was totally panicked and thought I had gotten something wrong. I emailed her and called and didn't get a response until the following Monday. It was something along the lines of "Whoops, got caught up in a meeting, I can try again this afternoon." I actually became a recruiter after leaving PCG and am baffled by how rude this was now that I'm on the other side. I know we're all busy and there are definitely times where things slip through the cracks, but I've never neglected to call a candidate entirely especially after multiple attempts on the candidate side to find out what happened. Looking back, she clearly didn't care about selling PCG to me because this reflected really poorly on the company and I should have taken it as a sign for what was to come

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're a good fit for the Child Welfare team?   Answer Question

Summer Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial screening phone call which asked questions pertaining to the job post I answered. The job description was very broad and included Program Management, Program Matching, Recruiting and Marketing. I was under the impression this was a job doing professional development for teachers over the summer, but when I got to the second level interview, I found out it was actually assisting with summer camps. Now where in the job listing is this mentioned, I felt misled.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Nashville, TN).

Interview

PCG took a while to get back to me after my initial resume submission. However, once we got in touch, I had another outstanding offer, and PCG was awesome about speeding up the process so I could work with them. I had a few conversations with the recruiter and then one interview with two men.

Project Management Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Olympia, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and several weeks later received a phone call and a text from a recruiter stating that he wanted to follow-up on the phone conversation that we had?? This was odd because we never had a phone conversation. He must have gotten me mixed up with another candidate. At any rate he asked if I wanted to interview for the role. He had the hardest time scheduling a date and time for me to meet with the hiring manager. I had to keep checking in with him to see if he had solidified a date and a time. Once that was done I met with the hiring manager and she asked standard interview questions. I was told she'd be making a decision the next day and I'd receive a call. She never did call which was ok. It sounded like the department was in a little bit of a disarray and were trying to get things in order. I don't think this position was the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• • Tell me about a time you had push back from a stakeholder. How did you handle it?
      • Do you have experience in lean management?
      • Tell me about this position and how they work with your future career plans.
      • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with coworker.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process is HORRIBLE. The first phase is an easy screen by an HR professional in their Boston HQ. The second phase is with someone knowledgeable about the specific work -- this is where the horrible sets in. The person I spoke to was clueless. He kept asking me over and over "what other questions do you have? I exhausted nearly 15 questions. The only question that was asked about me was "Why did you apply to this job?" There were NO questions about my background or skillset and, at a certain point, I felt like I had to take over. After the interview, no one ever contacted me despite my follow-up email. It's been 3 months now. If you weren't interested, send one of those generic emails...it's not that hard. Extremely unprofessional and rude. It may sound petty, but a terrible interview process is very indicative of a company. Especially when this happens more than once (there are multiple reviews on PCG's unprofessional and unskilled interview process).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked basic questions about work history. They brought in a Vietnamese employee to ask me questions in Vietnamese in order to test my fluency in the language.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online then did 2 phone interviews and in person interview. HR isn't the greatest. Called me an hour late for phone interview and then couldn't figure out how to send me the references survey. I cancelled the in person interview after speaking with the hiring manager who was very rude.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PCG?
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why are you leaving your past position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Talked to a an internal contact to set of a interview. She was a family member of someone in my network, positive feedback at first but then no response.