Public Outreach Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Outreach Fundraising Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.0

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising.

Interview

Interview was interactive and was asked to go on street and talk to people and ask questions to evaluate how well you can interact and engage someone in conversation. They want to see how well you can engage with the audience.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell a pen or an apple?   2 Answers

Public Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recruited off of the street, a young man took my information, and the recruiters call me about four days later to set up an interview. I was told that casual dress was fine. It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed; so it was done one-on-one with the HR person. I was called about an hour later to start an evaluation period the following Monday. The first day, there is a training meeting. At that meeting you find out what organization you will fund raising for and will get a script to memorize. Once the script is memorized (hopefully by the next day) you have to recite it to your supervisor before they will let you public fund raise on the street. You have four days to sign up monthly donors in an evaluation period to be hired or "staff." If you don't accomplish that you might be given more time to "staff."

Interview Questions

• Before you get interviewed, you fill out an application. A couple of questions on the ap were "Why should we hire you?," "Why do you want to work for the company, and "Are there any organizations you would feel uncomfortable fundraising for."   Answer Question

Public Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

There is a group interview. That's where you will fill out your application. Then, the manager will take each candidate into another room for a five minute private interview. You will be asked to sale a fictional item. If you are chosen, you will receive information within the week.

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising.

Interview

Easy or at least relatively easy. First, a super short phone screen, then a group interview where they Just asked behavioral questions regarding role models, leadership skills, social issues we care about, our charity experience, fundraising experience, etc.

FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1)You apply via Public Outreach's website.

2) You get a first phone interview where they pretty much test your skills and motivation for the job.

3) If they like your performance during the phone interview, you might be invited to a group interview as fast as the next day.

4) In the group interview, they will directly and indirectly test your ability to interact with people and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:

- Tell as bit about yourself

- How would you "sell" a passion of yours to someone in the streets?

- Why do you want to work as face to face fundraiser?
      Answer Question

Charitable Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising.

Interview

I applied online and went through an initial phone interview, with basic questions on my skills, personality, and the organization.

I was then invited to a group interview with 2 team leaders in Toronto, which was very informal with role playing, group games and personality tests. We even had a “dry test” of face-to-face fundraising by interacting with people on the streets outside the office and trying to get answers to simple questions.

After that, I had a one-on-one with a team leader for two-way feedback and was eventually offered a position with an on-the-job training starting the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your best strength to make the world a better place?   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Got a call for the interview after two days of application. Weird Group interview setting with a group of different people which I did not like. They set unrealistic targets to be achieved every week and you get kicked off if you don't achieve targets without remorse. They told me they kicked off a guy who worked for three years after he could not achieve target on few occasion.

FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

SO FUN!! It didn't even feel like it was an interview. I applied on Indeed, then had a phone interview with a super laid back guy who acted like we were besties. I was then invited in for an interview the next day and we literally played games for it.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the morning and received a brief phone interview in the afternoon. The process must be very easy for an English speaker, but I am not fluent in English, that's why I failed.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have any experience involving working with charities?
      Q: What is your favorite food and sell it to me
      Answer Question

Door to Door Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, if you had a heart beat you were hired. A lot of silly kid psychology games people didn't realize they implemented. I caught it reading the first page of the introduction manual they were handing out.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why us?
      2. What makes you passionate?
      3. What makes you think you're qualified to work here?
      1 Answer