Public Outreach Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Public Outreach Fundraising Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview, didn't seem planned well. A question is asked and whoever answers answers. It seemed disorganized and nothing like an interview I've been to before. I think it's better to take people one by one.

Interview Questions

• Pick your favorite TV show and tell us why it's the best   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising.

Interview

Interview was interactive and was asked to go on street and talk to people and ask questions to evaluate how well you can interact and engage someone in conversation. They want to see how well you can engage with the audience.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell a pen or an apple?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Performance standards were reviewed. I felt that they were really concerned with my success in the company. I also learned that they promote from within.

Public Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recruited off of the street, a young man took my information, and the recruiters call me about four days later to set up an interview. I was told that casual dress was fine. It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed; so it was done one-on-one with the HR person. I was called about an hour later to start an evaluation period the following Monday. The first day, there is a training meeting. At that meeting you find out what organization you will fund raising for and will get a script to memorize. Once the script is memorized (hopefully by the next day) you have to recite it to your supervisor before they will let you public fund raise on the street. You have four days to sign up monthly donors in an evaluation period to be hired or "staff." If you don't accomplish that you might be given more time to "staff."

Interview Questions

• Before you get interviewed, you fill out an application. A couple of questions on the ap were "Why should we hire you?," "Why do you want to work for the company, and "Are there any organizations you would feel uncomfortable fundraising for."   Answer Question

Public Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

There is a group interview. That's where you will fill out your application. Then, the manager will take each candidate into another room for a five minute private interview. You will be asked to sale a fictional item. If you are chosen, you will receive information within the week.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call back a few weeks later. The interview was of average difficulty, with basic the majority of questions being basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Convince me on an idea your passionate about   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising in August 2017.

Interview

When I entered I was asked to fillout a form. After that we had a group interview in which we were paired and each of us were asked to say something about the other person in way that the interviewer is impressed...

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

They gave me an address in Kitchener for the interview which turned out to be the Toronto address of the company, so i drove all the way to the wrong address, then when i call them, they apologized for the mess up and then gave me the right address but the interviewer didn't ask anything and just hired me right there. Overall bad coordination and very little organization. You will be given 2 weeks to hit a fundraising goal otherwise you are fired.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Actually really fun: lots of games and a strong focus on finding our "intrinsic motivations". Vastly different to other fundraising agencies I've interviewed with, where I felt more like cattle being led to the slaughter!

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing you would change in the world if you had a migc wand? Why?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever stopped for a fundraiser before? How did they do? What would you improve?   Answer Question

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Public Outreach Fundraising (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty casual and straightforward. Was asked a series of standard interview questions, and I was quizzed on my knowledge of the role. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and I was given time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would keep organized with tasks.   1 Answer