Purdue Pharma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.2

TBM I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screening - Never heard back, no response to thank you email as well. As I would have loved to work Purdue Pharma. It's always good to hear back if you are going to be moved onto the next process or not. They call off a restricted number therefore you can't call the Phone Screener back.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard phone interview. There was a sales competency test as well---a couple tricky questions that you could definitely overthink and ruin answers. The screen was pretty basic about what you know about the company and why you're looking to make a change.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a role they were trying to fill in one of the smaller divisions. She was pretty pushy about getting me in so I gave it a shot. Process was about a month. The team I met with was odd at best, particularly one of the Sr managers and the Director. The sr manager had zero interpersonal skills, they were a former banker and basically gave me a test on financials. A blank slate of a personality and kept thinking to myself please don't let me be on her team, how awful that must be! The director was also sketchy. They kept asking what I was gong to do to improve their business in the first 60 days. I wanted to say pick up the balls you apparently dropped? Very strange. Was creepy in his manorisms too, couldn't tell if he was looking at me or behind me when talking. Couldn't imagine working on his team, and with that other person too. I went just to see what it was all about but would never accept a position, and I didn't get an offer which was good. Very strange vibe there. Would not recommend to others based on what I saw and experienced.

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma (Stamford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice and the second time they asked me to do a "case study." I had a suspicion that it was a problem they were having at the company and not an actual case but did it anyway. Turns out it was a current state type of issue, pretty unethical to have interviewees do your work and give you potential ideas to solve your problems. I never got an offer but the guy heading up the department has the biggest ego (not to mention questionable practices).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma (Stamford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled right away. Interview was with HR. She was polite and professional.

I feel they were completely unprofessional to inform that my candidature was not considered further. They just leave you hanging to figure out yourself if you are not selected.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Explain one situation in you career where you have used large amounts of data
      How good are your data mining skills
      How good are you with handling huge data
      Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma (Stamford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with over 20 senior executives at Purdue - many times these were group interviews but there were 4-5 1:1 interviews as well. I was brought back 4 times. I interviewed with department heads, VPs and the CEO.

Communications Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma.

Interview

Took of the morning from work to interview in person for three hours with this company after two phone interviews.

Then received a "writing test" one morning during the week and asked to complete it before EOD...pretty inconsiderate but I completed it. I was also asked to send writing samples. Seemed like things were on track especially given the HR manager sent me a benefit last doc.

After not hearing back for over a week, I decide to check my spam folder and indeed is a generic rejection message from HR written for someone who applied but didn't interview...yikes, at least add a proper subject line so it won't be filtered by spam. Anyway, I get it, applicants aren't owed respect but oh my, I always treat someone I interview in my role with kindness. It takes time to interview. Purdue, have some pride in your company and your brand... Applicants, proceed with caution. Red flag, indeed.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

This was a log drawn out process with no feedback at all. Although the Interviewers were pleasant it was clear that there was no interest (so why so many rounds)? It is unfortunate.

TBM II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Several intense interviews including facetime, phone screen and 6 face to face interviews. Very intense and prepared. Have a brag book up to date along with as many reference letters as possible. Know the product portfolio and be prepared to explain them.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue Pharma (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Very straight forward with not a lot of surprises. I was over prepared and very confident and relaxed throughout the process. All of the people I spoke to were very knowledgeable, professional, and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Senior level interviewer asked mostly personal questions.   Answer Question