Purdys Chocolatier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purdys Chocolatier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The branch I was applying to is located in a mall by a food court. The interview was done at one of the food court tables; it was very casual. The manager was the one conducting the interview, she was very polite and friendly. The questions asked consisted of why I applied to Purdy's specifically, what customer service experience I had (they consider volunteer experience just as relevant as work experience), what my favourite good from Purdy's is and of course what my availability is like.

Availability is key so if you're applying, say you are as available as you can possibly be. Also, have a good answer for why you applied to Purdy's. When you initially hand in your resume you MAY be asked this question right away.

The interview itself is about 10 minutes long (can be longer or shorter depending on your responses). Wear professional clothing even though the interview is casual, and be friendly! The manager called me a couple weeks after the interview to offer me the job, I'm assuming this is the average response time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied at a job fair. Got a call for an interview four days later. Had my interview the next say. Was interviewed first by the district manager then the store manager. Two days later, I got the call.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What do you know about the company?
      What skills and experiences can you bring to the company?
      Sell this pen.
      Answer Question

Chocolate Connoisseur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call less than a week after I dropped off a resume. The interview was pretty standardized, it was all off a list/form of questions so I assume all interviews are the same. I only had one interview with one manager, but I know others who had a couple interviews. Lots of basic questions, like tell us about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. You also are asked to pick a chocolate from the case, taste it, and then describe it as if you are selling it.
    I was pretty much told at the end of the interview that I had the job assuming my references checked out. I got a call confirming the offer 2 days later.

Chocolate Connesieur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

You go into store and they give you an application form. Fill it out and hand it in on the spot. They call you if you get an interview. Questions were about your experiences. Conflict with team members. Conflict with customers. Stuff like that.

Chocolate Connoisseur (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Started off by applying in-person, then got a phone call for an interview

It went smooth, asked basic interview questions (situational/behavioural), nothing really out of the box, did some small talk inbetween to spark more conversations, got a phone call I believe maybe less than a week later saying I got hired

Interview Questions

• Strength/weaknesses, what do you know about our company?, if you and a co-worker disagreed on something how would you solve it?,   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Had 2 interviews one with the store manager one with the district manager. Alot of sales and problem solving questions. Was asked to taste and describe a piece of chocolate.

Chocolate Connoisseur Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier.

Interview

Supposed to be a group interview but I was the only one to show. There were two interviewers, the store manager and the district manager. Only one interview before I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Favourite chocolate, what I knew about the company, did I make my bed that morning.   Answer Question

Chocolate Connoisseur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Apply in person and interview with store manager. Asked questions from four pages and wrote down responses. Chocolate of choice was given at end of interview. Reference check and in two days received a call for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is you favorite chocolate. How do you handle customers? Get along with co-workers.   Answer Question

Chocolate Sales Connoisseur Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier.

Interview

She wrote down notes and asked me questions. There were four pages of questions. Questions included: experiences, what chocolate do you like the most, what is good customer service, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdys Chocolatier (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call and had A group interview with two other people. My manager and assistant manager were the ones to give the interview. After the group interview I was then called later that day to be told I was hired. I was hired at a seasonal time, normal staff generally have to then have an interview with the district manager and it takes a few days.

Interview Questions

• What is upselling   1 Answer
    • What is link selling   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of a difficult customer you have dealt with and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • They gave us a chocolate and asked us to describe it   1 Answer
    • They asked us to describe having a difficult time in a team environment and how we handled it.   1 Answer