Purity Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Purity Cosmetics

2.6

Sort:

Inventory Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

I applied for this position and was contacted by the HR representative who requested my phone interview availability. After I responded with availability for the next two days, a response came on the afternoon of the second day that said the HR representative would call on the third day at 10:30. The HR representative never called and has not made any attempt of explain why she never called for the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• I found the choice to not call for the scheduled phone interview be very unexpected and very unprofessional. However, this behavior is in line with other reviews about the behavior of this company.   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for writing in about your interview experience at 100% Pure.

I want to apologize for the lack of followup from the hiring manager. We are creating new hiring procedures that will... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was brought in for an in-person interview, no phone screen. When I arrived, I was greeted by dogs and an employee who brought me to a room. The interviewers then came in and asked me several questions. They talked about whether it would be a good decision to hire me while I was still in the room - making comments and judgements.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was a breeze and thorough. Interviewer asked about 7 interview questions. Most were very easy. Asked about a lot of my past work background.

They called for an interview a week after. Did not receive a job offer.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 months (mid Jan to early June) and always seemed to take one step forward and two steps backwards, but I was in love with the products and the company's market potential, and I knew that I could do a great job for them which I did do. This should have been a signal to me about the culture and the degree of cohesion, direction across the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why natural products? Why organic?Lots of "what if behavioral type of questions" If you interview with Susie W she might ask you personal questions just to get to know you better personally and put you at ease. Make sure that you know key competitors like Juice, Josie Moran and compare ingredient listings as product discussions might come up.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

The interview was one on one with the Store Director and in it we went over my experience and the history and future plans of the company. The meeting was one interview as time was of the essence.'I am actually very lucky to have contacted at the time that I did because the recruiter was almost finished interviewing and flying home.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions involved my experience with retail, as well as management and coaching experience. Then we did some role play scenarios as far as selling techniques. We went in depth with my history in the makeup and skincare industry, and what i like to do in my spare time.   1 Answer

Feb 8, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! Glad to have you onboard!!

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called in by the DM. I did a very short interview and was practically offered the job on the spot which was surprising considering it typically takes a long process.
    The entire process consisted of typical questions ... What was your previous experience? Can you sell me this product? And within a few questions she asks if I could start on a specific date.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

applied online and called for interview few days later. Walked in and people working there starting talking to me casually and made me fill out some paper works while we wait for the manager to be ready? Two people interviewed me at the same time, basic simple questions and gave me tons of information on their policy and rules. Gave me free samples and said they'll call in few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics in May 2013.

Interview

They send regular unqualified and unprofessional employees to interview candidates. Ask you ridiculous questions that are completely irrelevant to the position and or company. They read from a list of random questions they printed off the internet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unprofessional and unqualified interviewers.

Dec 21, 2014 – CEO

A appreciate you sharing your interview experience.

Many of our questions are culture based and not position or company related. I believe that you can train someone on learning procedures and... More

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received an email around 11PM to come for an interview the next morning. Did not have much time to prepare for the interview since it was last minute. Met with the HR manager and went over basic questions. Said he would get back to me next Friday if considered for the next phase, which would be focused on writing policies.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working in teams or by yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate yourself, on a scale of 1-10, in writing skills, powerpoint, excel, and verbal communication?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe HR?   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I found the job posting on Craiglist. The posting sounded nice and all my correspondance via email were friendly. However, the in-person interview was the most unprofessional and disorganized interview I have ever experienced. When I walked into the office, dogs jumped up on me. You would think that they keep the dogs leashed or in a room when visitors come. The dogs were all over the place. There was one that angrily growled at me, and an employee had rushed out to apologize and say that the dog was a rescue and to not pet him. The interview was very casual. First, a young lady came out to interview me. My interview with her was nice. Then I had an interview with the managers. This was the unprofessional part. It was invasive and I felt like they thought I was unintelligent. It makes me wonder if they talked to all the personal assistant candidates like that.