Purity Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purity Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very easy process basic questions with out a lot of pressure. Need to have passion about health above sales ability. Many people are hired on the spot with out any prior retail or sales experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview was very straight-forward and included mostly character questions. I felt that the main focus of the interview was determining my personality and whether there was a solid connection between the hiring manager and I.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was a breeze and thorough. Interviewer asked about 7 interview questions. Most were very easy. Asked about a lot of my past work background.

They called for an interview a week after. Did not receive a job offer.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received an email around 11PM to come for an interview the next morning. Did not have much time to prepare for the interview since it was last minute. Met with the HR manager and went over basic questions. Said he would get back to me next Friday if considered for the next phase, which would be focused on writing policies.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working in teams or by yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate yourself, on a scale of 1-10, in writing skills, powerpoint, excel, and verbal communication?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe HR?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

applied online and called for interview few days later. Walked in and people working there starting talking to me casually and made me fill out some paper works while we wait for the manager to be ready? Two people interviewed me at the same time, basic simple questions and gave me tons of information on their policy and rules. Gave me free samples and said they'll call in few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I walked into the store with a friend and briefly mentioned that once I got a job, I'd want to buy the foundation from there. The associate that was helping me overheard that and literally said "Wait, do you need a job?" to which I replied yes, and she just said "Dude, work here." and gave me an application on the spot. I met the assistant manager, and she told me to come back during a hiring event the mall had. I came back two days later, stood through a 10 minute (at most) interview and was hired basically on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with not just the brand, but the products as well?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview was really fast and really easy, it only took about five minutes. All she pretty much did was tell me the job requirements, ask me what my schedule looks like, and asked if I had any prior job experience. I pretty much got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability and how many hours a week can you work?   Answer Question

Pure Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had two interviews with this company and both were pretty bad. The first interview was for a Pure Brand Ambassador. I was sent a email which happened to be group inviting us all for a interview. So, whoever was sent this email and replied was able to see the conversations. That should of been a red flag #1. When trying to get to the interview I could not find the location. It turns out whoever sent me the information gave us all the wrong address! How do you not know where you work?! The only reason I found the building is because it had a sign outside. I got to the door and it was locked. I was pretty confused. The front desk had no one and it looked like a empty building. About 10 mins later someone came and opened up the door. I was brought into a group interview with 4 other candidates. The girls who interviewed us dressed like twins and were pretty young. The interview was not professional. They set out a couple products and asked us to sell it to them. I was contacted for a 2nd interview but the pay was lower then what I was already making.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

The interview was one on one with the Store Director and in it we went over my experience and the history and future plans of the company. The meeting was one interview as time was of the essence.'I am actually very lucky to have contacted at the time that I did because the recruiter was almost finished interviewing and flying home.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions involved my experience with retail, as well as management and coaching experience. Then we did some role play scenarios as far as selling techniques. We went in depth with my history in the makeup and skincare industry, and what i like to do in my spare time.   1 Answer

Purity Cosmetics Response

Feb 8, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! Glad to have you onboard!!

Inventory Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purity Cosmetics.

Interview

I applied for this position and was contacted by the HR representative who requested my phone interview availability. After I responded with availability for the next two days, a response came on the afternoon of the second day that said the HR representative would call on the third day at 10:30. The HR representative never called and has not made any attempt of explain why she never called for the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• I found the choice to not call for the scheduled phone interview be very unexpected and very unprofessional. However, this behavior is in line with other reviews about the behavior of this company.   Answer Question

Purity Cosmetics Response

Jan 27, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for writing in about your interview experience at 100% Pure. I want to apologize for the lack of followup from the hiring manager. We are creating new hiring procedures that will ... More