Putnam Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

Investor Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Andover, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initially took an assessment test on the computer (30-45 minutes) Afterwards met with HR rep for about 30-45 minutes. Shadowed an employee who has the title of the position that I interviewed for. Met with the employee's boss for another interview for roughly 30 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Putnam Investments.

Interview

Came to campus and from there they interviewed me. And then they give a call back with an offer or not.

Digital Transformation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Putnam Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in January through school career site. Heard back from them around 3 weeks later. Scheduled a phone screen where they asked me about myself and some technical questions. Scheduled Skype interview where they did not ask technical/coding questions. Skype interview consisted of four separate, one-on-one interviews with both developers and HR, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself/your skills/your projects/your interests.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Off-cycle hiring process, they were hiring internally. Had a phone screening call with HR Rep, and then was scheduled for an interview with 3 different analysts. Thought I did well with two of the analysts, and did not do too well with the third.

Interview Questions

• Asked mostly fit questions, how you go about about problem solving. Some questions were about what questions you would ask different businesses you were analyzing.   Answer Question

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick conversation with project manager and senior software developer. We mostly just talked about me. No technical questions. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

The entire interview process was done quite professionally and efficiently. All interviews occurred within 4 hours. The HR representative greeted me first and answered most of my questions during the last interview session.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

After a few phone screens was invited into the office. Had 3 interviews at about 45 min each. One was technical in nature others were just general work/life questions.

Technical interview was strange, seemed like interviewer was coming up with questions off the top of his head that were both unrelated to the job description and each other. Admittedly did not do so well but was surprised by what was asked. Interviewer was also difficult to understand and seemed annoyed when I did not get something he said.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bubble sort algorithm (or similar questions)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA).

Interview

Scheduled an interview with five separate individuals back to back, with follow-up a couple weeks later. No real follow-up after that until I emailed repeatedly to find out what happened. Poorly executed overall process. Never really had a chance despite being overqualified. Recent company layoffs indicate I made the right decision not to pursue.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Putnam Investments.

Interview

applied online. Got a call from human resource, then got another call from hiring manager. Chatted for 30 minutes. He asked about my past experience, then talked about putnam. nice person. then no calls after

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Putnam Investments.

Interview

I applied through university. I was contacted through my university platform for an on-campus interview. Had a 30 minute discussion with one employee. We discussed almost everything on resume. I was asked questions about fit - it was more or less just a normal conversation. Lastly I was asked to discuss and analyze a company of my choosing.