Putnam Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Putnam Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my college career center and was offered a first round interview. My interviewer was very enthusiastic and attentive, and asked mainly fit questions, as well as some position-specific scenario style questions.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

Asked you to walk them through your resume. Followed up with questions about certain things on it. Then asked about the market and a case question. Case question took up a third of the interview time.

Technical Associate - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met a rep through college career fair, had a fit interview 2 days later on campus.
    A couple weeks later received an email to come to their Boston office for a day full of 4 interviews:
    1. Technical interview with Senior Software Developer and a Technical Associate. Was asked the n-queens problem, which a leetcode hard level problem and frankly I wasn't prepared for such a question and wasn't expecting it. Couldn't solve it. Asked a few more technical questions - Some SQL stuff, String vs Stringbuffer, Map vs Set, etc.
    2. Mostly fit/slightly tech interview with a Business systems consultant. Asked a lot about my past projects.
    3. Fit interview with a Manager that oversees a couple software teams.
    4. HR interview.

All rounds except for the 1st one, which I believe was the most crucial, went well. Received a generic rejection email within 10 days, which was disappointing. Surely people who spent an entire day for the interview + travel deserve to know what went wrong, although I know it was the 1st round for me.
    The company reimburses for the travel btw - Parking, bus, uber, whatever. Filled out a form a few days after the interview and sent them the receipts.

Technical Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to career fair on campus and was offered an interview after talking to the recruiters. From there a week later I had an on campus interview, which was really just a conversation, and if the interviewer likes you you'll move on to the final round (took place 3 weeks later). Final round consisted of 4 rounds of interviews, 3 random people in the department and one person from HR. Normal behavioral style questions, nothing technical, very conversational. It is truly a fit interview. I got an answer 4 weeks later.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Putnam Investments.

Interview

Campus recruiting process -- Got to know analysts and had a first round on campus. Interview was conversational, with mix of fit and technical (case). Interviewer was very nice and wanted to get to know the person. Very conversational about industry insights and trends.

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

Friendly low-stress interview. Made me pitch a stock of my choice and talk about myself. I enjoyed it but I didn't connect very well. If I remember we ended up talking about technology stocks.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very conversational. There was not any rush to answer questions, really relaxed. She just wanted to know more about me more than anything else so mostly behavioral and fit questions. Did not ask one analytical question.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time you worked in a group?   1 Answer

Technical Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straighforward not very technical but conceptual. Started with some personal questions and gradually leaned into professional background. The interview was more conversational rather than straight up questions. An overview of the company and the role was provided how my experience and skills fit into that role was questioned.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would be able to contribute to Putnam.   Answer Question

Investor Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Putnam Investments (Andover, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initially took an assessment test on the computer (30-45 minutes) Afterwards met with HR rep for about 30-45 minutes. Shadowed an employee who has the title of the position that I interviewed for. Met with the employee's boss for another interview for roughly 30 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Putnam Investments.

Interview

Came to campus and from there they interviewed me. And then they give a call back with an offer or not.