QIAGEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at QIAGEN

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Germantown, MD) in March 2020.

Interview

I got an email for a zoom over for an interview. Due to everyone staying home, it was the best option. Waiting for an interview now. Got a response right away with the confirmation of the interview with the specific person.

Bioinformatics Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

The overall interview process is very nice. All the interviewers are very welcome and friendly. They mainly asked questions relates to my resume and the job description to see if I am fit for the positions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in five years? Why do you want to make the switch from plant world to animal world?   Answer Question

Marketing Anal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

There were mostly behavioral questions, asking about prior experience and team experience. There were not many technical questions. Hired 4 interns for the summer position. Worked in a rotation process

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Applied online, immediately and early the next morning I got an email from HR to schedule a 30 minute phone interview later that week. Interview was relatively easy, just explaining the position, asking questions about my resume, and my asking questions I had for them.

A few days later, I heard back and scheduled an on-site interview. First group to meet with were some team members, went pretty much the same as the phone interview. Next person was with HR, who told me the salary I listed was unreasonable and that companies automatically discard applications with too-high salary requirements (yet they still invited me to interview, contradicts what they said). Last person to meet with was the hiring manager, asked me if I had more questions.

They didn't have the common courtesy to send a rejection email, even after taking the effort to meet with them in person.

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Germantown, MD).

Interview

The interview process was beyond what I expected. The communication among recruiter and HR was prompt. Primary screening - Online interview - Onsite interview. It was one of the best experience that I had with onsite interview. It was worth of time to visit and learn about the company in different perspective over readings about the company.

Interview Questions

• General background/current role/expectation/career development/detailed experience/case senarios   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Took two rounds of phone interviews. First one was a technical discussion and the second one a coding round through screen sharing. First round was mostly basic Java questions while the second one was a more difficult technical coding.

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Germantown, MD) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview started on the phone with Germany with the direct supervisor of the position and ended with a on site interview in the US headquarters. Overall all the process was good starting from the first phone call until the day I had to go to the main office to meet the management team. The bad side is that since November 2018 until March 2019 nobody was able to give me a response about the process until a seemly automated message came back saying another candidate already filled the position (this only happened after many attempts from my side to get a response, mostly to close the process in my end) I got the feeling after this process the HR team in the US is not really professional y would encourage anyone applying to the company in the US to make really sure you talk to many different persons in HR and not only the recruiting team before you set sail to try to join them. I still think it is a good company and the location was nice.

Interview Questions

• Pricing models for their business. Please come up with best pricing model?   1 Answer

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QIAGEN (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me to see if I would be interested in the job. After I sent the resume he the. called me at 8 PM, which I found to be odd. The following day I was driving to the airport when he texted me stating that another recruiter wanted to speak with me within the next 30 minutes. The whole process was very rushed and unprofessional.

The next day I spoke with another representative to get a feel for what the territory would look like. The next day I received an email stating they changed my territory location. I had the final interview lined up to where I was supposed to fly to LA. A few days before the interview I was informed that they were no longer interested in me because the manager wanted somebody that currently lived in LA.

The interview process was all over the place. The communication amongst the employees of this company was horrible. I would not recommend applying for a position here.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Cordial, but very technical. If you are applying for a scientist role you need to know your subject matter. Learn about QIAGEN's products and how your experience directly relates to their current products offered.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Quite simple and straightforward. Two phone screens and one on-site interview. First phone screen was critical and after that there was another behavioral phone screen. On site interview had 5 rounds and consisted meeting with nine interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies and projects you worked in previous company?   1 Answer