QIAGEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QIAGEN Interview Questions

Interviews at QIAGEN

2.9

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Met with HR, then two technical people, lunch, and a higher level executive. The technical questions were very straight-forward, they wanted to hear what I had been doing in my previous job. They spent time describing their company - they did a good job of trying to see if we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe what lab process you were familiar with (for DNA sequencing)   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Collegeville, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I'm sure this has changed over the years as I applied over 3 years ago. Initially, there was a phone screen, then a week later I had a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. Two days after, I interviewed with the same hiring manager and the sales director. The final check was a phone interview with the VP of sales. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks before the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a competitive sell for our blood TB test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I failed to counter offer. In hindsight, I would have done this.

Bioinformatics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

30 minutes phone screen, then coding and other assignments, and then onsite interview. It is tough but within a reasonable range of difficulty. Phone screen is more about my career interests and general background. Coding and other assignments should be relatively easy for people with average background in bioinformatics. Onsite interview involves several 45 min conversations with more challenging questions from both bio and computational sides.

Bioinformatics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

After a preliminary phone interview, was a given an online coding evaluation requiring intermediate coding ability. Interviewed on site about two weeks later. Questions seemed to be thought up on the fly and mainly based on NGS analysis, coding, and about things on Resume.

Interview Questions

• What tools would you use to perform variant analysis (finding SNPs, etc.)?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Quite simple and straightforward. Two phone screens and one on-site interview. First phone screen was critical and after that there was another behavioral phone screen. On site interview had 5 rounds and consisted meeting with nine interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies and projects you worked in previous company?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Fine i enjoyed the interview process because it was professional and very well done. I reallt enjoyed meeting everyone it was great. Everyone was very welcoming. The office is very nice and warm and inviting.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Frederick, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from hiring manager. Job offer in 10 days

Interview Questions

• Several questions were asked about educational qualifications and reasons for interest in Qiagen   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN in January 2017.

Interview

3 rounds 2 phone screens and one in person with 2 people. The folks were lovely. Overall I thought my interviews went really well. Got verbal confirmation I got the job, 3 days later got a call saying the job was cut from their budget. I think I dodged a bullet but the people seemed great. Disappointed.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QIAGEN (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me to see if I would be interested in the job. After I sent the resume he the. called me at 8 PM, which I found to be odd. The following day I was driving to the airport when he texted me stating that another recruiter wanted to speak with me within the next 30 minutes. The whole process was very rushed and unprofessional.

The next day I spoke with another representative to get a feel for what the territory would look like. The next day I received an email stating they changed my territory location. I had the final interview lined up to where I was supposed to fly to LA. A few days before the interview I was informed that they were no longer interested in me because the manager wanted somebody that currently lived in LA.

The interview process was all over the place. The communication amongst the employees of this company was horrible. I would not recommend applying for a position here.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 7/24/2017 and was scheduled for a non-technical phone screener with HR the next day. Then I was schedule with a Senior Staff Engineer for a technical interview on 8/7 which consisted of: General Java Knowledge, OOP Concepts, and coding the implementation of a binary search via WebEx Screenshare. You have the flexibility to use any IDE you like (which is nice).

Passed the first technical round and was set for a second technical interview on 8/18. Second round consisted of a coding exercise: reversing a string. Then I was asked to explain whether a given Singleton class was thread-safe or not. Next I was asked about database knowledge.

I did not make it to the on-site (final) round.