QIAGEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QIAGEN Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.8

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Met with HR, then two technical people, lunch, and a higher level executive. The technical questions were very straight-forward, they wanted to hear what I had been doing in my previous job. They spent time describing their company - they did a good job of trying to see if we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe what lab process you were familiar with (for DNA sequencing)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Fine i enjoyed the interview process because it was professional and very well done. I reallt enjoyed meeting everyone it was great. Everyone was very welcoming. The office is very nice and warm and inviting.

Bioinformatics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

After a preliminary phone interview, was a given an online coding evaluation requiring intermediate coding ability. Interviewed on site about two weeks later. Questions seemed to be thought up on the fly and mainly based on NGS analysis, coding, and about things on Resume.

Interview Questions

• What tools would you use to perform variant analysis (finding SNPs, etc.)?   Answer Question

Hospital Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Interviewed with 7+ total people. Four phone interviews with two managers, a recruiter and HR. I was told I had the position and was welcomed on board and was flying out to Dallas for a meet and greet. It turned out to be another round of interviews. Candidates flown in from all around the country and put in a candidate holding room. The manager I was supposed to meet with and flew out to Dallas to meet , couldn't make it- so I interviewed with someone who had only been with the company for two weeks maybe a month at most. Incredibly disorganized . I didn't know who was a candidate and who actually worked for the company. I flew a total of 21 hours to Dallas and back for this cluster of an interview process.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN.

Interview

Initial screen with recruiter then phone interview with hiring manager. Invited to a face to face with hiring manager and two other managers. Got an offer after a few weeks after.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview. Started with and overview of the project and some details about the project team. The interviewer was very helpful in guiding the conversation. Information was also provided about the potential wait period before the next stage (if any).

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions: e.g. "Tell me something about yourself" and "How much can you contribute to this position?" etc.   Answer Question

Bioinformatics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

30 minutes phone screen, then coding and other assignments, and then onsite interview. It is tough but within a reasonable range of difficulty. Phone screen is more about my career interests and general background. Coding and other assignments should be relatively easy for people with average background in bioinformatics. Onsite interview involves several 45 min conversations with more challenging questions from both bio and computational sides.

Scientist At Qiagen Position for NGS Sequencing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Boston, MA).

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR Manager and had a brief discussion regarding my past experience, industry internships and expectations for the future. The Hiring Manager will be contacted next before we can proceed with the next stage of the interview process.

Scientist-1 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QIAGEN in June 2014.

Interview

It took almost 3 months for complete process. I gave face to face interview on 30th of june in a panel of 5 people. Interview questions were skill based mainly. I got offer on 22nd of sept after background ,drug and reference check. Process was little slow than expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, offer was not negotiable.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QIAGEN (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Company seems open and flexible at the lower levels and for scientific jobs but for senior positions or management ones they seem to play favorites, if you don't know anyone there then forget it.

Interview Questions

• How do we know you won't leave this job? Something totally unexpected that was asked.   2 Answers