Quality Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quality Food Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

1.9

Cheese Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quality Food in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a general floor position, got an email a day or two later asking for a phone interview. Phone interviewer asked a couple of questions like "why do you want to work for our store" and "describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer," then described three different positions they had openings for, and let me pick. The other options were bakery worker and meat slicer, but I picked the cheese shop. Scheduled me to be interviewed the next day. I was taken to a small office, and it was less of an interview and more of just beginning the hiring process. I was introduced to some of the people I would be working with and given a mouth swab drug test. They were very accommodating and nice the whole way through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your customer service skills on a scale of 1 to 10?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quality Food (Tacoma, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Application sent online, then a brief phone screening where they asked a few questions about the position before scheduling an in-person interview with the assistant manager. Interview questions came from a packet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if multiple customers approached you at once?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quality Food (Tacoma, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the QFC corporate center for my interview about 3 days later. Got asked a few basic interview questions and was told description of job. My store doesn't have a customer service desk so I just went over to the deli/bakery area and told one of them I had an interview. They called the hiring manager and I went to a little office. The interview was like 10 minutes at most. I was really nervous and stumbled over some words, but the woman was really nice, and I got offered the position the next day. Basic what would you do/describe a time questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best customer service experience   1 Answer
    • How would manage customers and cleaning your station?   1 Answer
    • If a customer complained that their meat was sliced wrong, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Easy interview process offered me job right away, asked if I could work that week. Lots of individual computer training. Mouth swab drug test. Three days training then started working normally.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you working when we call you out of the blue   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quality Food (Kent, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Get phone call asking if still interested, be prepared to answer why you're interested in the job. Got scheduled an interview the very next day. Employer went over the job description asks if there's questions. Talks about himself and his company. Asks what do you know about the company and tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work slow and steady or quickly and what are the pros and cons to your preference.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a negative job experience. What was your role and why did you not like it?   1 Answer

Night Crew Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quality Food (Redmond, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief, friendly interview making sure I was prepared for the hours and asking me about myself. The entire process for the interview took about 45 minutes and ultimately was just to make sure I was ready for the position and it wouldn't be overwhelming to me.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware that the night crew's shift is from 12am - 830am?   Answer Question

Store Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quality Food in March 2016.

Interview

I only did a phone interview. During the interview I was informed that the person in the Store HR role is in charge of all HR responsibilities for the individual store. When informed that the position only paid $12.50 per hour (minimum wage for a large company paying towards benefits) I decided not to move forward. The recruiter asked me if I had any questions, but could not answer any of my questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is simple and straight forward. Typically begin with inventory and allows yourself to build the knowledge of where items are within the store. Progression possible with consistency.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you expressed conflict resolution with a customer.   Answer Question

Casher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 1 week later asking me for an interview. I said yes and met with the manger. He asked me questions about my past work experience and asked me why I wanted to work at QFC. It was a comfortable setting and it went well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quality Food (Renton, WA).

Interview

Apply online. Stop into choice of store. Request an interview. Be done there or later. Easy to get job. They do drug test. Pass drug test = highered. Show up for shifts = safe. New highers = $0.10 above minimum wage; no holiday pay for first 6 months. Hour manipulation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your self under stress?   1 Answer
    • Explain a little about your career history.   1 Answer
    • Can you do the job requirements?   1 Answer