Quality Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

You apply online, then you will receive a call from a recruiter for a phone interview, make sure if you have experience in retail you mention it and then negotiate your pay with them because if not, they will offer you minimum wage in the store interview section, if everything goes fine on your phone interview they set up a person interview with a manager in the store.

Interview Questions

• TELL ME ABOUT A TIME YOU OFFERED EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE!   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quality Food (Tacoma, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, quickly processed through some basic questions about company values and what I could potentially contribute to said company long term. I never heard a definite rejection, but rather never heard from them again.

Casher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 1 week later asking me for an interview. I said yes and met with the manger. He asked me questions about my past work experience and asked me why I wanted to work at QFC. It was a comfortable setting and it went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is simple and straight forward. Typically begin with inventory and allows yourself to build the knowledge of where items are within the store. Progression possible with consistency.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you expressed conflict resolution with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online after seeing a sign in the store's window saying they were hiring. I had already applied like two months ago, but never heard anything, so I applied again. I got a call a few days later, which I missed, asking me to call back so I could set up an interview. I called back the next morning, but the hiring person wasn't in yet, so I had to call back a few hours later. Then she just asked what times would be good for me to come in, I said pretty much any time Friday or Saturday would work, and she asked if 1:30 on Friday would work.

I came in about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer wasn't there yet, so I had to sit in the small employee break room until she showed up. She was very friendly, and told me upfront that even though I was one of the few people who had applied who was suitable for an interview, a bunch of people already working in the store had also applied and if their interviews went well, they'd get the cashier position, but she also asked if there would be any other positions I'd be interested in in that case. I said I'd be okay with the front-end/bagging stuff.

So we went through the interview questions, she said she'd call in about a week to tell me what was up. She never actually did call me, but I ran into her while shopping at the grocery store and she said the position had gone to someone in-store, like she said would probably happen. I was bummed, but I live right near this particular store so it wasn't like a huge inconvenience and waste of time like some of my other job interviews had been.

There weren't a lot of entries for this store on here, so there ended up being some questions I wasn't prepared for, but they're all pretty standard retail questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you/what can you offer?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a coworker/teammate wasn't pulling their own weight?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you delivered great customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quality Food (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a call out of nowhere suddenly from a toll free number. I was hesitant to pick up like I normally would be but something overcame me to answer. I got a call from a telephone interviewer. He was really nice. And he set me up with a manager at my store location where we sat in the dining area and he interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that interests you about our company?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quality Food.

Interview

I spoke with a district recruiter in another store, and she sent to another store in her district. I went down and talked with the store managers. They asked me some basic questions about customer service and my work habits. I went to work for them the next week.

Negotiation

Union job, no negotiation.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Quality Food.

Interview

Disorganized interview process. Unprofessional. Was told the position I applied for wouldn't suit me and I'd fit in better as a barista. Was sent to another store for an immediate second interview. Was asked no questions at the second interview and told they had already hired people. Waste of time.

Florist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Quality Food in May 2017.

Interview

I went in in person and handed them a resume.. they seemed kind of busy but immediately asked if I wanted to interview on the weekend. They were very friendly and laid back. During the interview, the manager was digging around for the interview questions list and when he found it, he told me a bunch of the questions were dumb so he wasn't going to ask me them.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chimacum, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quality Food (Chimacum, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just a very casual phone call. We talked about pay right off the bat and there wasnt any discussion, just they made an offer and I was surprised how high it was so I just said cool.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, just chit chating   1 Answer