Qualtrics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Qualtrics

1. Featured Interview

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Seattle, WA) in January 2019.

Interview

The entire process takes 3 weeks. HR person is nice and responses very quick. They asked a lot of behavioral questions on 1:1 interviews but not hard. They don't share reasons for rejections due to company's policy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something new you learned not related to work   3 Answers

Global Sales Enablement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics.

Interview

The interview process was long and intense. It was also all conducted remotely, because relocation would be required. If I was offered the position, they would then offer to fly me out to view campus, discuss terms, etc. This was pitched as a new position/role so there was a lot of pressure on finding the right candidate. The process lasted weeks with interview after interview. I participated in the following interviews: HR screening, phone with hiring manager, video with hiring manager, three separate video sessions with person from outside teams (ex. legal, sales, etc.), and an interactive recorded video session. The last one was pitched as something that would be viewed by higher ups who had difficult schedules. It prompted a question then gave you a set amount of time to prepare. I don't know how many applied but about 4-5 of us made it to final step. About two weeks later, I was informed that I did not get the job and after inquiry, discovered that none of us got the job. Every person was nice along the way and I still admire the company, but the process itself was draining.

Interview Questions

• In final recorded session, a question asked to name three people you admire at work. Then, the next question asked to rank their smartness.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you lied   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Seattle, WA) in June 2020.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter to be screened for fit, behavioral, etc. Once I passed that, I had an hour technical coding interview. I received a rejection email after a week of waiting.

Technical interview problem was poorly worded.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, we define its degree as the number of occurrences of the element that occurs most frequently in the array. you will be given a list of integers and must determine two properties:
      The degree of the array
      The length of the shortest sub-array that shares that degree

For example, consider the array [1, 2, 1, 3, 2]. It has a degree of 2 based on the elements with values 1 and 2. The subarray of degree 2 based on the 1’s is [1,2,1] and based on 2’s is [2,1,3,2]. Their lengths are 3 and 4, so the shortest is length 3. Property 1 is 2 and property 2 is 3.

Write a function that returns the second property, i.e. the length of the shortest sub-array that shares the maximum degree.   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics.

Interview

I applied online. Soon after I had a 30 minute phone screening with a recruiter which included the typical information about the role/company with time to ask questions. Within a few days I was scheduled for a 1:1 remote interview with a UX Designer. This interview was an hour long portfolio presentation. From the start of the interview, it was very clear that this designer wasn't interested in me and didn't want to be there. They kept yawning and seemed to be on their phone. Overall bored attitude and wasn't professional.

Interview Questions

• Dive into 2 to 3 case studies and explain your process.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualtrics.

Interview

I scheduled a 30 min phone interview with the recruiter. She started the interview by asking me to tell her about myself and then asked if I had any questions. I was prepared with a lot of questions that filled the remainder of our time.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was cordial and pleasant. But, it would be better if there was more discussion with the interviewer like a real office situation instead of just answering questions. HR seems to be nice here.

Interview Questions

• How would you test the login for a Bank ?   1 Answer

Industry Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT).

Interview

Qualtrics reached to recruit me. The process was straightforward, but not best-in-class. I spoke with a recruiter via phone who was very professional and then with the hiring manager via phone. Following I was flown into Provo for onsite interviews and met with 4 people which included the hiring manager. The awkward part was no one had really read my background nor asked me strategic questions during the interview (this role was strategic in nature). The questions were very tactical and ones which you'd typically ask of someone with 5-10 years' of experience. I also got the sense that everyone was on a different page as there was no role description given this was a "new" role. I was told by HR that Qualtrics was harder to get into than Harvard (keep in mind I went to an Ivy League college, but they had no clue since they didn't read my resume) and that Qualtrics works hard to avoid hiring people who are "difficult" (keep in mind I've had a progressive career and managed up to 15 direct reports, an extended organization of over 5,000 and former associates (peers and direct reports) who consistently reach out to me for professional and personal advice. I left the interview process knowing full well I was not going to accept an offer from this organization. The process was too immature and beyond unprofessional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Seattle, WA) in March 2020.

Interview

Still unclear about why I was rejected. No Feedback from recruiter.

Attended interview for Senior Software Engineer position, spent 5 hours interviewing. In every round I completed the technical coding/ design question in less than given time, the interviewers were very collaborative and happy with my solutions, some of them even said that my background matches very well with what they do at Qualtrics.

Recruiter put me on hold for about 45 days and then sent a templated email stating I was rejected and they found another candidate.

I'm really not sure where I went wrong, I really liked the people and work at the company.

Software Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It takes a couple weeks (or months in come cases) to hear back from Qualtrics after initially applying. The recruiter is kind, energetic, and works as an advocate for you in the process.

The second round consists of two video interviews with Sales Managers and they run through a predetermined list of 15 questions that are somehow "scaled" on a rubric, but the questions were "describe a time when..." or "what is the most impressive thing you've accomplished" Not sure how you scale that...

The format of 15 pre-determined questions made one of the interviews miserable. The hiring manager had terrible body language (slouching, was barely on the video screen, didn't look at the camera) and simply rolled through the questions without expressing any interest in me as a candidate. It was disappointing after having some great interactions with Qualtrics.

All the questions they ask are listed in Glassdoor interview reviews.

Interview Questions

• Teach me something new in 30 seconds - 1 minute.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics in February 2020.

Interview

The interviewer talked and gave me less time to answer his questions.He didn't answer my question correctly and lead to not understanding the question. The question was very difficult to understand and that's why i didn't answer it correctly.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview, in which I was provided a link for coderpad. And the interviewer was friendly, and was trying to help out. But I was not well prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Chess board given. And find the shortest distance from starting point to ending point. But you can move like knight.   Answer Question