Qualtrics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualtrics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

Prospective Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualtrics.

Interview

None. They don't consider people with senior level (years) of experience. They are only interested in the young perky drink the koolaid types and of course those from the local college. Take a look at the people they hire, most don't have any experience but they are fresh out of college, were either a cheerleader or something similar, lots of sports, and usually blond. These companies are the worst and discriminate the most, thinking that only certain people will have knowledge of current industry or technology. It's shame but they'll go on anyway right.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Qualtrics seems to have a ton going for them. Appears to be an awesome company to work with. However, I was selected to be interviewed with someone who was having just an absolute horrible day and wanted to make mine even worse. He was a software engineer in the company who obviously didn't want to interview anyone that day. The interview started with "taking 5-10 minutes on your resume and behavior". He only had one question, how could I have gotten a better GPA (apparantly 3.5< isn't enough). No behavior questions. Moved straight onto the first coding problem. Was not clear on what he wanted. I came up with solution after solution to which he would only say "Nope, not how I would do it", and offered very little help. After that question, he legitimately told me "Well, to be honest, after that question I'm finding it hard to believe you when you say Java is your strongest language". I nearly hung up out of shock, but I decided to push on anyway. Nearly aced the next java code problem. Unfortunately, it still wasn't enough to get me to the next step. Overall, just a horrible experience with an interviewer, and I've had many positive experiences with interviewers in the past.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my Resume through a friend and got an email a day later to set up a technical interview over the phone. 15 minutes of talking about me and my resume. 5 minutes talking about a data structure and the rest of the time coding.

Interview Questions

• Finding a path from one end of a square of 0 and 1's to the other.
      Adding the children of a 5 children Binary Tree.
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for internship online. Replied back within 2 hr asking for my schedule for a telephone technical interview. The telephone interview lasted for 50 minutes with questions on my background, and a coding problem. Got a reply after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you could not deliver on your proposed features for the app you were working on.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Met at my university's career fair. Scheduled a 30 minute phone interview after having good discussion in person. Proceeded to have a fairly standard interview with the HR rep who was friendly enough. Asked me specific questions about my resume and the work I have done. I was then invited to complete an exam to test my ability to learn technical skills. I declined this part of the process as I felt like the position did not fit with my desires after the phone call and further research.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics in February 2017.

Interview

Got a phone screen interview, and it was terrible (I have to say that was the most terrible interview I have ever had). Difficult question with me talking all the time. The interviewer just didn't say anything and just watched me typing all the codes, and didn't give any hint or help at all. It's like when I finished the coding, then he just started to read my codes and just said "uhh, that's not correct, we just have a few minutes left and I want to give you some time to ask me about any question, so let's end the coding right here."

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and thought I'd be a good fit for the proposal writer position. I applied, and a couple days later, I received an email offering me a phone interview. We set one up, and it went well. A couple of days later, I was invited to go to Qualtrics headquarters for an on-site interview, where I met with the team lead and the team supervisor. They were very friendly, but at the same time pushed for deeper answers to questions, which I really enjoyed. I'm assuming that there was probably another round of interviews after that, but I didn't make it past this stage. Overall, I thought it was a good process, and I appreciated the questions they asked. They weren't the typical job interview questions, and I felt like they gave me an opportunity to showcase my abilities better. So even if you don't get the job, the interview process is solid.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with not knowing much about business?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Interview

I had several calls with recruiters and a video chat with a global operations manager, then three on-site interviews with managers. They all seemed to ask the same basic interview questions, and some of them were friendlier than others. They didn't seem as impressed with my academics as I expected them to be.

Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, set up an phone interview. Overall process took a few weeks. Interview consisted of technical and a few behavioral questions. Interview was about an hour long with times to ask questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualtrics (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via job board, received email from recruiter. Phone call with online coding environment. I'm not sure, but I think my interviewer was new at the job or something. It wasn't as professional as other interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity of various operations for an array? How about for a list? (Odd discrepancy: interviewer insisted there was a general data structure called a "list"; I asked if a linked list was implied, but they didn't seem to comprehend my question so I provided further context on my answers e.g. O(n) for an array and O(1) for a linked list...)

I was also asked to solve another problem involving array manipulation; the interviewer tacked on a couple more twists on the problem after solving the first iteration, but there was a lot of miscommunication about the extra modifications.

The interviewer allowed me to use whatever language I preferred; however, they told me that they were not very familiar with Python. When I used "del" on a list, they pulled up documentation on Python's stl array and said I wasn't writing correct syntax...
      Answer Question