Qualtrics Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2020

3.8
Qualtrics CEO  Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith
Pros
  • "Our office is amazing (free food, dog friendly, huge lawn/garden to work in(in 74 reviews)

• "Great people, the company really listen to their employees and the benefits are hard to beat(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some internal processes can be frustrating (growing pains of fast moving company)(in 35 reviews)

• "Culture of Provo is not ideal for transplants(in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hyper-growth, driven people, and awesome benefits!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day is a new challenge! The environment is fast paced and the people are high caliber. Our office is amazing (free food, dog friendly, huge lawn/garden to work in...the list goes on). I literally make it a point when family and friends are in town to have them visit. Opportunity to interact with senior leadership as a junior level employee is abundant as well, which is a rarity. Finally, they review salaries every 6 months and truly do hold true to giving merit increases if you perform. So thankful for this company.

Cons

With hyper growth comes ambiguity. You've got to be willing to roll with the punches. In the scheme of workplace cons though, they're minimal here.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Adequate time to complete project

Cons

Payscale slightly lower than expected

3. "Helped structure deals internally with various sales teams."

Former Employee - Deal Support Specialist in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was fantastic and culture was amazing.

Cons

Training programs could be better

4. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Qualtrics is great at letting you get the experience you want. As an experience management company, they treat their employees super well.

Cons

Sometimes they were a little tight with the budget. They have start up tendencies even though the company is growing quickly

5. "Fantastic Place to Grow and Further your Career"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A lot of autonomy - Failure is not reprimanded but rather is taken as on opportunity to grow - Wonderful people that you get to work with everyday

Cons

- None that I can think of at this time

6. COVID-19

"I started before 2020 "happened""

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started at Qualtrics at the tail end of 2019, right around the holidays. Really great time to start as a sales rep, you get to take advantage of a fresh quota, ramp quota, holidays, good time for training, come into the new year with learning and conferences, its all excitement. But all that happened- it was actually crazy busy, books of business changed, teams adjusted a bit, then .... covid hit. We all know it's tough but all I have to say about this company amidst both the normalcy and craziness - is that the agility, understanding, momentum and energy of this company are second to none. I have never been at a place where sales reps are TOLD to sell free solutions. Obviously not a long term thing guys and we still had to sell actual dollas. But hear me out. We put out GENUINE solutions to help with COVID. Genuine. You know that thing every software sales rep tells themselves, their friends, and fam, so they can sleep at night? "I love what I do because I believe in what I sell. We actually solve problems, we actually make a difference" I am telling you as one of those people who says that BS -- 80% of the time it's just not the case. IT IS 100% TRUE HERE. Sometimes I don't believe how true it is. Like there aren't other motives. Being an employee at this company and seeing the response during a pandemic, both feeling my own needs met and that of my customers, gave me the utmost confidence in our future and the commitment I have to being here. Ryan Smith, the CEO, is also a no-nonsense guy. You see this guy roll around the office (pre covid of course) on a skateboard in hightops and a backwards cap and you're like ....what? Thats the guy that sold Q to SAP for 8...Billion?? What? And he talks and you're still kind of like, so.... a bunch of Germans were into it? But then you hear the founders statement. Then you hear his passion with customers and him addressing a real problem with emotion. This guy is genuine and he bleeds qualtrics and CARES for his business and his people. I have NEVER in my life trusted a senior executive more.

Cons

You guys really need to get a legit CPQ. This thing is awful. Run some XM for IT on your sales prod tools bc this is no good. Should probably consider cost of living adjustments. Reps who are in NY / Chicago / CA vs. Utah... not the same and shouldn't be paid as such Need more women and people of color in leadership, and senior leadership but we will get there. And probably the biggest gripe -- you guys HAVE to lock down license utilization between CX/EX. It is rampant and you are locking yourselves out of deals and actually losing customers by allowing them to use non-standard licenses to run these programs with no guardrails. It is wrong, and non-compliant. Also -- healthcare kind of sucks if you actually have expensive needs. And no real way to help decide. But I've worked at worse companies, and I'd take these cons anyday for great leaders, growth opps, customers, and products. But still fix them please:)

Continue reading
  7. "Overall good company"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Great company leadership & benefits

Cons

The company does move very fast; sometimes hard to keep up with the growth

Qualtrics Response

June 22, 2020Talent Attraction Brand Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on your experience! It's definitely important to know how fast things move here, so we appreciate you calling that out.

"Do NOT Join Customer Success at Qualtrics"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Pretty generous PTO - Free snacks and lunch 3x a week - Office Gym + Pelotons - Can make good money if you are buddy-buddy with your sales counterparts - CS-adjacent teams may one day help the CS department be more efficient - Great job if you like being a task rabbit and not thinking critically

Cons

- No career path out of CS - No link between compensation / new opportunities and performance - No direct link between CS behaviors and your performance metrics (better to be friends with your sales teams) - Not a place where you can make mistakes or voice opinion, even though one of our key values is "transparency". If you have a valid concern, keep it to yourself, because it can and will be used against you at any point in time in the future. Individuals are literally being told to keep their mouths shut and to stop asking questions. - Sold the role as "consultant-like" work, but most of your day is spent chasing down answers to emails, filling out redundant reports to management, and escalating customer problems to one team or another

Continue reading
  9. "Perks over purpose. Fun coworkers."

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of smart, fun people work at Qualtrics so you'll make lots of friends

Cons

Because the Product Specialist team is meant to prep for other positions in the company, you can probably expect to be overqualified and underpaid for your time in that position. Have in mind where you'd like to end up in the company (Client Success, UX Testing, etc.) before taking this role.

Qualtrics Response

June 22, 2020Talent Attraction Brand Lead

Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback. The Product Specialist role is one that we consider critical to Qualtrics. You can find former Product Specialists in the top layers of leadership and across the rest of the business; the skills our Product Specialists learn during Qualtrics University open Product Specialists to some fantastic career development opportunities. With the help of your leaders, discovering where you want to develop that career is a part of the opportunity that the Product Specialist role presents.

10. "Good place"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and good product.

Cons

Culture can be too rigid sometimes.

Found 674 reviews