Qualtrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "You have to manage your own work life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "Relatively low compensation, lots of growing pains" (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"World-Changing Company; Fantastic Coworkers"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I genuinely believe Qualtrics is a special place. Like yeah, we've got the cool perks like yummy catered food, a cool office space with an unreal rooftop view, great benefits with competitive salaries, and an HR team who consistently solicits feedback on how to keep employees happy. But the real reason I love Qualtrics is that we're in this really exciting spot where the company is doing fantastically from a business side, which allows us to heavily invest in bringing in talented technical folks from various other businesses, creating a dynamic and deep developer team. The more we hire good, high-quality engineers with experience growing and scaling fast-moving companies, the better we've been getting.

On a personal note, Qualtrics has afforded me incredible opportunities for early career growth (I'm leading a team here, and it's my first real job!), and I think that the leadership does a great job giving opportunities to people at the org who show potential to be high-impact employees

Cons

We've historically built certain things quickly to hit business deadlines, which resulted in us shipping poorly architected and low-quality code for some features. We're definitely improving our development process across the board, but we've still got a significant amount of tech debt that we need to continue to pay down with best practices. Lastly, we have a problem with people scale; there's just so much to do and not enough employees to reasonably do it all. Let's keep hiring great people!

Advice to Management

Up the frequency of employee pulse surveys, continue to promote/provide opportunities for internal folks, and keep listening to your employees. Focus on training and building good management (excited for the changes that Russ may provide on that front). Listen to your directs.

Qualtrics Response

Aug 8, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

Love this review! So insightful and helpful for us to impact change in the company! I would love to get more information from you on the ideas to hire top talent and opportunities for internal... More

2. "Great place to be"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Fast paced place to br

Cons

Lacks experienced talent in engineering

"The core values are more than just statements"

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for a few months. My background is in management consulting and corporate strategy / finance. I have an MBA from a top 20 program. My impressions so far:
    - Check out the core values on their website. Unlike some other companies where I've worked in the past, these statements are the lifeblood of the organization and get discussed/mentioned as they are demonstrated in meetings and conversations throughout each day.
    - The culture that has grown out of these core values is optimistic, unified, friendly, and a great example of work hard / play hard.
    - These people dream big when setting quarterly / annual / long-term goals, then they EXECUTE! Consistent ~40% growth Y/Y for four years is pretty impressive!
    - Very high calibre talent combined with personable, likable, friendly personalities throughout the org.
    - Recent acquisition with SAP will accelerate growth in a way that no other avenue could (e.g., IPO).
    - 20+ locations globally with several new locations opening each year.
    - For my role in particular (enterprise customer success manager), this is a world-class approach to customer success with incredible leaders (former top-tier i-bankers and consultants, all around rock stars), achieving industry-leading renewal and expansion rates.
    - Weekly all hands meetings led by C-suite are very transparent and create greater unity and positive energy within the org
    - Brand new Macbook Pro with 30-inch monitor on day 1 for all employees :)
    - As an experience company, management cares about providing great experiences for their employees. As such, department / team activities are frequent, regular, well-funded, and fun! Not to mention the annual experience bonus! (read more on the website or that)
    - Growth creates many opportunities for upward mobility and potential international positions. Especially now that we're getting acquired by SAP.
    - Top notch benefits: company pays for all medical insurance premiums, generous coverage on other standard health benefits, free catered lunches M/W/F, several fully-stocked kitchens throughout the building, scooters and skateboards in the building, dogs welcome, frequent distribution of cool company swag, too many other things to mention here!

Cons

- Headquarters in Provo, UT, is a blessing a curse. It's nice to not deal with the traffic and congestion of a larger metropolitan area (e.g., Seattle where the other co-headquarters is), but it can be tough to attract top talent to come work here because we aren't in a large metropolitan area. Beautiful setting, though, and close to plenty of outdoor fun!
    - High concentration of BYU grads because BYU right down the street and founders from BYU, could be a pro depending on your own personal perspective. The company has made a deliberate effort to diversify the workforce over the past couple years and they're making progress across all levels of the org.
    - Compensation for post-MBA role in Utah is competitive but not leading the market. However, benefits make up for most of this.

Advice to Management

Keep on dreaming big and executing strong!

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and fast growing

Cons

Pay is slightly below the rest of the market

5. "Single Sign-On Specialist"

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with great people internally and externally.

Cons

Not much room for growth and difficult to transfer between departments.

6. "An Ecosystem of Self Starters"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a culture of:
    - Self Starters
    - Teamwork
    - Intense work

Cons

This is not a culture of success for:
    - Individuals seeking individual credit
    - Independent Rockstars
    - Minimum viable effort mentality

Advice to Management

We are incredibly adaptive and borderline too much so. It may be beneficial to create a little more standardization for training / onboarding / education as every department and document tends to have its own look and application.

7. "Rocket ship with a heart"

Pros

- Clear direction from leadership on goals
    - You can choose where your career goes. We are growing so fast that there are new roles opening up every day.
    - Caring management, managers truly care about their teams and our careers

Cons

- VERY fast paced
    - Location in Provo, I wish it was in or close to Salt Lake City
    - Need to move faster to keep up with sales

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We love how open and honest you are with us!

8. "You will always learn and grow in your career at Qualtrics"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+Super Transparent, all the way from executives down to entry-level
    +Top of the Market product, honestly no better XM platform than Qualtrics
    +Feels like a family - very collaborative and supportive team environment
    +Opportunity to promote, very clear vision of career path

Cons

-If you don't handle rapid growth well, Qualtrics probably isn't the place for you. We are constantly growing, innovating, and updating (which I actually love, but I know it's not for some people)

9. "Research Services Account Executive"

Current Employee - Research Services Account Executive in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Research Services Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unbiased promotion schedule. You work harder and do well, you promote yourself all the way to Enterprise level.

Cons

Like most start-ups, there are a ton of changes frequently.

10. "Incredible company with the best years in front of us"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture. Caliber of employees. Leaders and executives who care about you and your family. Investment in personal development. Upward growth. Work life blend. Great benefits including 100% covered health care premiums. Office perks (catered lunches, Coke freestyle machines, dogs, beautiful outdoor garden.). Founder run company. Genuine opportunity for A players. Chance to ride a rocket ship as it continues to create a new space (XM) and becomes a category king.

Cons

Growing pains you'd expect to see at a hyper-growth company.

Advice to Management

Continue to look out for the employees as we grow and expand (especially through the acquisition.