Qualtrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Growing pains; team has been refactored 3x in 2 years (in 24 reviews)

• Low pay compared to other saas companies in the area (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Making an impact!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work with some of the most intelligent, innovative and motivated people across all post-sales functions with a team spirit that I haven't experienced much before (can't speak for sales teams because of too little insight). The long hiring process pays off!

- Inspirational leaders that really do care about their staff (again, can't speak for sales management). Leadership focus very much on their team's development and personal trajectory whilst also staying laser focused on the company vision.

- All the usual tech company benefits such as free food all day round, lots of free/subsidised social activities (such as sports classes, weekends away, summer & christmas party etc.), open workspace, amazing city center location, private health insurance, stock options and more.

- High amount of responsibility and impact on department, company and own development.

- Connected to the above, high employee trajectory and quick career progression (if the job is for you and you're willing to give 200%).

- Transparency and visibility right to the C-Level. Frequent communications, town-halls and Q&As allow for everyone across any function to be super close to senior leadership and very well informed.

Cons

- Typical hyper-growth pains that any person who's striving for a strart-up environment would embrace, but for some it would be too uncomfortable. Examples are: Being understaffed or stretched for work-load, missing processes or malfunctioning processes that need developing or fixing, rapid and constant change, touch business or client challenges that need owning and resolving etc.

- For some functions still very dependent on the US head office which slows down progress or can account for additional challenges in cultural alignment with the European markets.

- Inflexible working conditions. No home office & no official flex time on start and end of working day.

Advice to Management

- Make sure you hire and develop more of the great mid-level leadership that is seen in post-sales departments.

- Continue to adapt to European work benefits and EMEA markets. We've come a very long way from two years ago, in my eyes this development must continue as one of the most important elements to making work at Qualtrics attractive and increasing the ease at which we work with local EMEA markets.

- Make sure you don't burn out your staff, especially those in junior roles who may not know their limits as well as more experienced employees. Promote the value of mental & social health more at work, just as you currently do with the fun sports and extra curricular activities.

Sep 5, 2017 – EMEA Chairman

Thanks for your feedback - it’s great to hear you’ve seen the development and growth over the last two years. I’m really proud of the people and the culture that we’ve got here and we’re always... More

"Great place"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, company culture, and executive team

Cons

Base pay, lots of change, working internally between teams

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive I in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive I in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product to sell, great product to market fit, great teams, great leadership, great culture.

Cons

One on Ones are not consistent

Advice to Management

consistently hold one on ones

"Mediocre product with an enormous sales force to jam down clients throats"

Current Employee - Sales in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food
    Free Gym
    Cool Perks
    Good Insurance

Cons

Low pay
    Recruiters lie to every applicant about pay/job role
    Utterly incompetent management
    Useless and overpriced product
    Bro culture
    Reality distortion field attempt by management doesn't work for long because ~75% of sales employees hate their job and want to quit after 9 months
    Ridiculous push on "diversity"
    No long term vision

Advice to Management

Hire intelligent middle managers
    Have a long and difficult conversation internally about where this company will be in 5 years--plan and alter company direction accordingly

"Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and coworkers. Fun atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, poor leadership, if you don't treat Qualtrics like a religion they have problems with you. Don't really follow their own TACOS mantra.

"Great company"

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Felt like management cares a lot
    Lots of food/snacks. Catered meals 3x a week

Cons

Felt like I was oversold on the stock options
    Felt micromanaged

"Pretty underwhelming for tech these days"

Current Employee - SME Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - SME Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product, mostly nice colleagues, lots of crappy swag for rags around the house, low cost of living in Provo.

Cons

Very political, low pay, limited opportunities for career progression, no raises or equity refreshes without promotion, no promotions before 3 years in role for mid-seniority employees, 2 versions of RSU contract to enable management to screw the uninformed, covering up for senior sales leaders that get away with blatant sexism and borderline sexual harassment.

Advice to Management

Fire sexual harassers instead of covering up for them and promoting them, quit screwing new hires on RSUs, give annual raises and equity refreshes.

Jan 10, 2018 – Executive

Thank you for your feedback. Qualtrics has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual harassment. We thoroughly investigate all claims of misconduct. Please reach out directly to your manager or any member... More

8. "Panels Sales"

Former Employee - Panels Sales
    Former Employee - Panels Sales

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Very fast growing. The speed at which the company was growing created an atmosphere where individual contributors had the power and influence to do things on their own to make the company better.

Cons

While the company is new and hip, the management style is still old fashioned. Some managers use fear and intimidation to motivate.

Advice to Management

Trust the employees you hire and allow them to trust you more.

"Qualtrics really, really wants to be cool"

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

The company is growing and is still pre-IPO. So, anything I say here may only hold true for so long (for better or for worse).

Cons

Leadership gushed about a company-vision that was incredibly eager. Qualtrics knows how to host a hip party (search for "X4 Summit 2018" and find the promo video for Qualtrics' annual conference for their customers) and makes a slick marketing brochure, but the company lacked strategy and tactical chops.

I slowly became disillusioned with what we sold and its hype, but I *left* because Qualtrics leadership was floating high in their hot air balloon with no signs of turning the flame down— 10+ months after the supposed “XM platform” was announced, the "XM" concept remained mostly word-salad tossed into marketing materials and around in internal meetings while most of our product portfolio and service offerings remained unchanged.

Is any of this so awful? No.... but it was exhausting to grit my teeth through, and I'm relieved to have moved on from Qualtrics.

Advice to Management

Put away the mirrors and clear the smoke, and look at what's really there when you turn-up the lights. There will be a lot of work to do.

Jan 3, 2018 – Executive

Thank you for making time to share your feelings. It's important to us to understand all perspectives.

The Qualtrics XM Platform is used by 8500 companies in over 90 countries, helping some of the... More

10. "Incredible Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Qualtrics for a little over 9 months, and I absolutely love it. Everyone in the Dallas office is constantly working together to learn, grow and improve, both professionally and personally. Every day I am excited to come to work and take advantage of the opportunity we have in front of us. Excited to see where it takes us!

Cons

Any company growing at this rates will have growing pains, but I look at it as an opportunity to learn, innovate, and create solutions. Can't think of any cons really.