Qualtrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains; team has been refactored 3x in 2 years" (in 28 reviews)

• "You have to manage your own work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"World-Changing Company; Fantastic Coworkers"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I genuinely believe Qualtrics is a special place. Like yeah, we've got the cool perks like yummy catered food, a cool office space with an unreal rooftop view, great benefits with competitive salaries, and an HR team who consistently solicits feedback on how to keep employees happy. But the real reason I love Qualtrics is that we're in this really exciting spot where the company is doing fantastically from a business side, which allows us to heavily invest in bringing in talented technical folks from various other businesses, creating a dynamic and deep developer team. The more we hire good, high-quality engineers with experience growing and scaling fast-moving companies, the better we've been getting.

On a personal note, Qualtrics has afforded me incredible opportunities for early career growth (I'm leading a team here, and it's my first real job!), and I think that the leadership does a great job giving opportunities to people at the org who show potential to be high-impact employees

Cons

We've historically built certain things quickly to hit business deadlines, which resulted in us shipping poorly architected and low-quality code for some features. We're definitely improving our development process across the board, but we've still got a significant amount of tech debt that we need to continue to pay down with best practices. Lastly, we have a problem with people scale; there's just so much to do and not enough employees to reasonably do it all. Let's keep hiring great people!

Advice to Management

Up the frequency of employee pulse surveys, continue to promote/provide opportunities for internal folks, and keep listening to your employees. Focus on training and building good management (excited for the changes that Russ may provide on that front). Listen to your directs.

Aug 8, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

Love this review! So insightful and helpful for us to impact change in the company! I would love to get more information from you on the ideas to hire top talent and opportunities for internal... More

2. "Enterprise Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rapid growth company with tons of opportunities for growth and development. Rewards high flyers and pushes you to learn and grow every day.

Cons

For Customer Success, can be difficult to get promoted without an MBA.

Sep 18, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for the review. We appreciate feedback and are always looking to improve.

3. "Data Quality Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Learn useful skills like SQL, Tableau
    Snacks

Cons

Slightly monotonous at times
    Bottom of the totem pole as far as projects

"A mission that matters"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

- our mission to close the gaps mean we are in the business of making people lives better
    - our 4 experiences vision is really neat and equal parts real and aspirational
    - good products, good sales team that is focused on solving customers' problems
    - everywhere you look, wonderful people
    - TACOS

Cons

- fast growth means things are breaking - process and hiring not keeping up with growth; this is stressful and fun
    - need more diversity; it's a priority and we talk about it and work on it, but we're like other tech companies in that we have a ways to go.

Advice to Management

continue to invest in managers, continue to improve and innovate benefits, continue to do things uniquely Qualtrics

Oct 8, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

Whew... love this review! YOU get it! We appreciate your candid feedback and the notice that we are working on things where we have room for improvement. Thank you for the feedback!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Growing company. Nice people. Great products. Huge addressable market.

If you want a nice, stable, job with a good environment and benefits, and nice people, and do not mind being micromanaged, work here.

Cons

Almost cult-like. It is a great company and they should be proud of it, but it is weird how highly they think of themselves.

Most of the money is for enterprise reps. They seem to all hit their numbers, but the lower level AE's hit their numbers at a MUCH smaller percentage - less than 5 reps in 2017 in Dallas office were at 100% of quota - only 1 of which was fully ramped quota. Management skews data by talking about people who hit quota, but only because they use ramping reps with smaller quotas to make their numbers look better. Or they use quarterly numbers but dig into the data - most reps do not hit their numbers in consecutive quarters or on any kind of consistent basis, but then they will spike.

They say they hire the best of the best (only 3% of applicants get hired) but they pay very low. This defies logic. Why would you be so picky about who you hire, but then not pay them well enough to keep them? Arrogance - which runs rampant in this company.

Upper management who have been here for a long time thinks they can do things in 2018 the way they did them in 2010. Qualtrics is now a consultative sale for large dollars, it is NOT (most of the time) a 3k solution where you can hit your numbers if you make enough dials. The sales are bigger, so the cycles are longer, but upper management has not changed how they approach the sales cycle. Instead they focus on an antiquated quadrant (which most everyone fakes their data) and tell people to make more and more dials, rather than be strategic.

Speaking of management - just because someone did well in sales, does not mean they are a good manager. Really need to focus on improving the leadership of the management team.

Speaking of the role specifically, you will be over promised A LOT of things in the interview process. Be careful. You will not make nearly what they say you will unless you get a whale. That is basically the only way people hit their annual numbers is if they are fortunate to get 1 huge sale every 9 months or a year. It is near impossible to hit your number on a quarter by quarter basis. Most of the best reps have a bad 6-9 months then get a huge sale and repeat the cycle.

Advice to Management

Note to management - you are hiring the "best of the best" because they, presumably, closed big deals in previous roles. Let them manage their pipeline in a more strategic way. You have GREATLY demotivated the sales staff since AE management was changed in late 2017. The quadrant can be useful, but it should NOT be the end all, be all of performance.

PAY your senior reps. Again, why do you have such strict requirements in hiring but then do not pay them accordingly? Attrition will be high, especially after we IPO.

"Project Manager"

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

High paced, intense learning experience.

Cons

Long hours. For four years, it was an exception to work less than 70 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Do not expect more output if you are not willing to pay more.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

amazing work environment. Love the place!

Cons

Nothing...best place ever. LOVE IT!

Advice to Management

keep it rolling!

Oct 8, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

WOW! Thanks for the great review!

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits, company office is really cool. Most coworkers were great.

Cons

The product is difficult to sell at times, the company is always changing and restructuring its sales department

9. "Good job, don't love the growth options."

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food, benefits, people, location, snacks

Cons

Kind of cult following, expectation to work outside of normal work hours. No program to help move around in the company - it's all about who you know.

Sep 18, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We are always looking to evolve and you will be happy to know we are working on a QMobility 2.0 program (as apparently there is 'room for opportunity'). Thanks for the... More

"Great company for A type personalities"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

If you are the kind of person that is a perfectionist, never satisfied, constantly wanting to do more and more and more, and a workaholic with few passions outside of work, then this is a great place for you.
    Great company trajectory, fantastic office environment, plenty to do.
    The CEO really believes in the company and has great vision.
    Cool perks like company shutdown between Christmas and New Years and a yearly experience bonus

Cons

If you enjoy work/life balance and are the kind of personality where you do your best and are satisfied with that, probably not the best place for you.
    Managers were promoted to that position with zero training on how to manage people - results in some pretty awful management.
    Lower levels of company are treated in a pretty demeaning way, almost like their superiors know that the kind of work they are doing requires no skill and they are trying to pretend like it does.. kinda weird.
    Everyone drinks the Kool-aid. There's an almost cult-like adoration of Qualtrics. If you don't feel it, you have to pretend like you do.

Advice to Management

Don't have anyone manage a team that is not a trained and tested manager. Just because someone happened to be one of the first people on the team does NOT qualify that person to lead or in any way suggest that they have excellent people managing skills.