Quill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quill Interview Questions

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quill.

Interview

I talked to the company at my school's career fair. They told me I got an interview, it was a single 30 minute interview at the head quarters in Lincolnshire with my manager. Questions were pretty general behavior questions. He asked about my experience with programs I would be using

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Excel, Access, Tableau, Sas?   Answer Question

Seasonal Order Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Met with the trainer for the seasonal order entry team. She asked some questions regarding computer skills (they're largely looking for "can type at speed" and "comfortable with learning an internal program") and attitudes regarding customer service. I was then lead to the floor the work gets done from and shadowed an employee for 15 minutes. The employee was particularly impressed when I demonstrated knowledge of dropshipping and Quill's policies regarding it. (These are explained in their catalogue, which I had read ahead of time.) She explained this to the trainer, who made a note of it.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was dissatisfied with the product they had received?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quill.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, sent to an HR manager, then eventually made it to the program manager. The interview was absolutely horrendous. I have never been talked down to more in an interview... I wanted to cry. I thought that this was a company that I would work for, but the experiences that I have had with them were absolutely miserable. I just don't get why they would do that. Long story short, the lady on the phone wouldn't give me her email address; told me that she was going to send me something about the next steps, instead; then never talked to me again. No one answered my calls or emails. I guess I learned my lesson.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Was very laid back and brief. Was interviewed by 3 current managers and was asked to walk them through my resume. It was definitely more of a conversation rather than them asking questions constantly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project, what was your role?   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through email, and followed up at a job fair. I was called in for an interview, and within a few days notified that I was the selected candidate. All parties involved were extremely easy to communicate with, and were free with information.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quill.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. A few weeks later we scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter, then a week later a second phone interview with the hiring manager and lastly a week later a 3-hour on-site interview with 5 different people.

The interview process seemed a bit all over the place. The initial job description was vague and short. The recruiter wasn't knowledgeable on the skills of the job role. The hiring manager was super professional and easy to talk to but also wan't clear about the specific duties of the job role. I got the most amount of information about the role during the on-site interview with 5 people each at a different levels within the company.

I wish they would've split up the on-site interview into separate meetings over two days, one with the lateral/subordinate colleagues and the other with the Director/VP level colleagues. I was burnt out after the first 1.5 hours. And it would've been nice to process what I learned from the first interviewers helping to prepare for the later interviewers.

Thy ultimately decided to hire someone internal.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where someone isn't meeting their deadline?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quill (Barrington, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was reached by a recruiter, after three weeks, I got a phone interview. He asked the basic interview questions, but I did not prepare well for this company since I'm not ready to find a job at that time yet. Obviously, he was not satisfied my answers as the recruiter told me too.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quill in March 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a Staples Recruiter for a basic qualifications screening. After a couple of email exchanges a Skype interview was arranged with the department manager. After the manager interview, the Staples Recruiter called for an offer. He was the one to make all the arrangements and send the information.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice, friendly people. Two phone interviews. One purely behavioral the other a few technical questions. Nothing you can prepare for they just want to see how you think. The technical phone call had two questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex function you have used in excel?   Answer Question

Web Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Quill (Lincolnshire, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly typical. I applied online for the position and received a call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was much like a normal phone interview where you give details on your background, why you interested in the role/company and other questions that you may have. I then had an in-person interview scheduled a week later to meet with two Product Managers for a half hour each. Those went very well but I will say to be 100% sure of why you want that specific job over any other potential job. I then received a call to set up another interview with a Director for an hour. That interview was more focused on seeing if you'd be a good fit and what you will be able to contribute. The process then dragged on for a couple more weeks before I found out that they were hiring an internal candidate for the role.

Interview Questions

• Given a list on qualities and then answering what you did well with that and what could be improved.   1 Answer