Quixey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quixey Interview Questions

Interviews at Quixey

2.6

Job Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quixey.

Interview

Not truthful about compensation. Told me one thing in an email, then a lower rate when I got to the interview. Don't bother to tell candidates whether they've got the job after the interview and several phone calls assuring me I was a lead candidate. I assumed I didn't, as I never heard anything again. The manager's one objection to me after an hour-long interview was that I was too old. (I'm in my 40s.)

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. Interviewer didn't seem to know how to conduct an interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quixey.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a round of technical interview. The interview questions were a mixed bag comprising of fairly standard (mostly on the easier) questions, that had some kind of gotcha. I am afraid, if these questions provide enough signal in making a hiring decision. The staff were either reluctant to share or weren't sure of all the software stack involved. Maybe, I had a bad day but the staff did not seem very promising and lacked a sense of direction.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quixey.

Interview

The phone interview was relatively easy but it was fun to do. The interviewer gave great positive feedback rightaway. The onsite interviews were scheduled very fast. The interviewers were fun to talk to. The problems ranged from relatively easy to pretty hard. The people seemed a little quirky but cheerful and accepting. The feedback after the interview was quite quick and positive. The recruiter was good to work with. I was made aware of the situaton and where the delay might come from and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Shoudn't say but one of the difficult questions was pretty analytical in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate much. I set expectations before the interview and they met my expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quixey (Mountain View, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I enjoyed talking to all the interviewers. They had semi-hard questions to ask, and I liked the way they all focused on different areas. I was impressed by the expertise of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Explain what challenges you encountered while designing the schema?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quixey in March 2015.

Interview

First I met the engineers at the carrier fair at my school, I submitted the resume. About two weeks later, I got a phone interview. The first interview is just talk about your background and several basic tech questions. The following two phone interviews ask about your projects on resume, some coding questions and machine learning questions. Just one day after the last interview, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• describe the pipeline of building a spam email detection system   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quixey.

Interview

I got the interview in the career fair of my university. The interviewer was an engineer. He firstly asked me about the detailed information of the projects on my resume. Then, he asked me several questions about the programming language that I mainly use. I did not answer the questions correctly, so I did not get further interviews.

Interview Questions

• He firstly asks me about the detailed information of the projects on my resume. Then, asks me several questions about the programming language that I mainly use.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quixey (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. A very nice interviewer. The interviewer call me, and ask me some background questions first. Then he gives me a link of Google Docs, and give me coding questions on the google doc, and I need to finish the coding problems.

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions about search the minimum window substring from a long string   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quixey.

Interview

Applied the position online. Then, I was scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer is the team leader. He asked me several questions about Android. I answered all of them. He said he will prepare an on site for me.

The onsite comes the other week. I had 5 1-1 interviews, with each 45minutes.

1. The first interviewer asked me several Java's questions: like, what is the default accessor if does not specified. I did not answer correctly. Then, he asked a design question.
    2. The second interviewer asked me the cycle detecting problem. I answer it correctly. My solution is very good. Demons like he does not know this answer. I spend a long time to explain.
    3. The third interviewer asked me several java questions and Android questions.
    4. This interviewer seems not happy from beginning till the end. He asked what I did on Android.
    5. Several behavior questions and details about an app I developed.

Interview Questions

• Detect cycle in linked list.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quixey (Mountain View, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was sent a questionnaire to fill out. Once returned, I had a screening phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then called in for onsite interview with several people across the organization. They asked for 3 references and proceeded to request them to provide their input about me via e-mail or by phone. That led to the offer.
    Overall, a reasonable process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts when 2 projects require the same resources?   Answer Question

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quixey (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Simple process, applied through a connection in the company. Scheduled an interview over email, met in person, and talked about background mostly. A few questions came up about search, and the rest looked to get into work ethic, whether I was willing to work over 40 hours/week, and other commitment tests.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work over 40 hours/week.   1 Answer