Qumulo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qumulo Interview Questions

Interviews at Qumulo

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qumulo.

Interview

Interviewer asked about the projects listed on resume. Then asked to code on colalbedit. First round basic question on trees. Given an expression tree, find the final value.
    Second question, given a prefix notation, build a tree.
    Interviewer was very nice and gave sufficient time to work through the problems and gave hints if anything was wrong. Tip: before coding, think loud on the given problem so that interviewer knows what approach you are considering.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied to Qumulo and got an email the next day asking about a good time for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard (non technical,) they ask you questions about you're resume, what attracted you to Qumulo, etc. I was informed that they were meeting soon to go over candidates, and would let me know if I would be moving on to technical interviews. Sure enough they I got a email shortly after informing me that due to a high number of applicants, I would not be moving on.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple offers to choose from, what criteria would determine the one you chose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qumulo (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Nice office location and space. The recruiters are knowledgeable, although do not always say the truth / like to bend the facts or the process to their interest.
    Interview process is straght-forward, the recruiters will guide you through the process and will try to work with your schedule in moving fast or slow, depending if there are other offers.

Interview Questions

• Given an expression tree - design a class to store it and evaluate it.
         / -
      1 / \
           5 8   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

askes a question: given a string split the string into words

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qumulo (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who called me for an in-person interview at the office. This was a 45 min whiteboard coding round, and they also used this time to sell some Qumulo kool aid and show off their downtown office. Based on this, they called me back again for a full day of interviews.

I had 4 interviews on this day, and with the 5th interview to be with co-founder who was busy on account of some conference they had (quite understandable). They said I would have to come back on one more day to meet the co-founder, and were quite accommodating about the timing. But they let me know the next day that they were rejecting me.

The interview questions were easy, 3 out of 4 interviewers were very pleasant and cheerful, and seemed to be solid developers as well, and willing to share openly about the company culture - except for the this one interviewer who was came across as dismissive and too proud of his own technical acumen.

PS - Their whiteboard markers are non-functional, and fancy glass walls are not good writing surfaces making writing code in an interview there an irritating experience.

Interview Questions

• First Day: a standard DP question I don't remember now.

Second Day:

1. Tokenize a given sentence to words
      2. Given a conditional variable, and a mutex, implement Reader Writer Lock
      3. Lunch interview, mostly just talk and no coding. No catered lunch for regular employees, but interview candidates are provided with sandwich/sub lunch.
      4. Design interview - how would you implement a very simple File System given some block layout.
      5. This was to be a coding round with the co-founder (on a laptop!) but I never reached this stage.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qumulo in March 2015.

Interview

I had a very bad experience with Qumulo. I applied through career fair and they gave me online challenge after a week. It was about grey code encoding and decoding and I was able to complete the challenge. One week later, they said I did a good job and gave me another online challenge about finding minimum steps in water pouring problem, which is not easy. I was able to solve this problem as well. Three weeks later, we set up a phone interview. On the scheduled day, I did not receive the phone call from the interviewer and I could not reach my recruiter through the phone number provided. Later on, she told me that she has mistaken my interview date so we set up another day for the interview. On the scheduled day, I did not receive the phone call again so I told them I did not want to interview with them anymore.
    Overall, I think Qumulo is a good company but the recruiter did not do well in her job. I don't feel being treated respectfully.

Interview Questions

• Grey code encoding and decoding. Find minimum steps in water pouring problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qumulo in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very good experience to interview with Qumulo. The interviewer was super nice and very kind to talk to.
    First, we talk about the resume then coming with a recursive coding question.
    The basic idea is that you have at most M apple and each time you can take at most N of it.
    Decide whether you can win this game or not.
    We also discuss with the time complexity of this problem.
    DP is definitely a better solution for it which will cost at most O(M*N).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qumulo.

Interview

One talk with HR on the telephone, followed by 2 rounds of technical interview on the phone. For then onsite interview, there 4 rounds with technical questions. Generally the problems are not too difficult, but they have a relatively high demands that your code should be quite neat and bug free.

Interview Questions

• Given some distributed points and they can communicate only with their neighbors, design an algorithm to find the spanning tree on the graph.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qumulo in March 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. Just some basic algorithm problems. First is check the duplicate numbers. The second is giving two sparse matrix, find out all the same values with the same index. The last one is a follow up, implements an iterator to finish the task in question 2. I thought I did quite well, but I got reject in the end. I tried to get feedback, but he only return that no more details and there are too many competitive candidates. Maybe it is not a right time for me to apply for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qumulo (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

First there is an online test. Then a screening phone call. Then a technical phone call, and then finally on site. If you pass all of this you get an offer, if not... Very heavy on C.