Qumulo Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 63 reviews

4.1
Bill Richter
Pros
Cons
  • "If you’re not interested in active collaboration and experimentation you’ll probably dislike the engineering culture here(in 2 reviews)

• "Engineering team puts in half a shift while the rest of us slave it to find a way to sell the product(in 2 reviews)

1. "Build your career here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Qumulo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Really smart people across the board. -Cross team work environment. -Get stuff done mentality. -People actually care about their work and the success of the company. -Team environment. -Great leadership team. -Super fun happy hours.

Cons

-As with any fast growing company, communication could be better across departments. -There is a ceiling to your career growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people. They are the thing that makes Qumulo an attractive place to work.

Qumulo2019-04-23

"Great people, product, and company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qumulo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Qumulo is a rapidly growing company with a great product that customers love. Culture and team are a big part of why I joined. After 6+ months with Qumulo, the culture is everything I hoped for. People are collaborative, supportive, driven, smart and invested in building an incredible company.

Cons

We're growing fast and sometimes communication across the company isn't quick enough.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on speed and scale, driving more alignment and communication across the company. And don't lose the great culture!

Qumulo2019-03-25

"Run Fast to Qumulo!!!"

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Qumulo full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for other startups where access to executive management was advertised but simply was not there. At Qumulo the CEO and VPs are interacting with employees and customers at all levels of the organization. It is simply fantastic. I have worked for other large storage vendors. What Qumulo has to offer its customers and the marketplace is a truly unique offering that is unmatched in the industry. Qumulo's...

Cons

No cons to report on.

Qumulo2019-03-20

"Outstanding company, innovative products, with an amazing customer-centric culture. Love every second."

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qumulo full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) This company is data driven, and relies heavily on its people to drive change and results. 2) Attitudes of gratitude. Success is celebrated, and recognized more frequently than i've seen at other companies. The CEO and executives routinely thank their teams and contributors. They recognize not just successful sales, but the "what" and "how" in how we work to drive results together. 3) This company has tons...

Cons

Qumulo is quickly becoming a mainstream enterprise standard. Fast growth is exciting but it also creates the need to build a full stack of revenue performance indicators and metrics to enable scale.

Advice to Management

Continue driving shared objectives, and trust your leaders to align on the metrics and key initiatives. Invest early and often in scale, and continue to innovate.

Qumulo2019-03-04

"Great people, great team, ever evolving and improving product"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Qumulo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Lots of talented, fun, hard-working people -Awesome work environment with ping pong, pool, shuffle board, snacks, fresh fruit, sandwich accoutrements -Unlimited PTO -Good comp plan -No micromanagement -Lots of on-going trainings for sales and technical folks -Great inside sales manager -If you work hard you'll hit your quota

Cons

-Tough product to sell given the market -Not much training provided for advancement opportunities, if you want to advance and improve, you need to start doing the job you want before they promote you -Hard to move to different departments once you're in one -Disconnect between finance and sales -Marketing doesn't generate many quality leads

Advice to Management

Focus on quality lead generation and don't drop the ball on sales SPIFFs

Qumulo2018-12-21

"Big deals"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Qumulo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Scale-out offering means deals can get very large. Sales teams regularly take down multi-million $ deals, which makes 2 or 3 x'ing quota very real. The larger the environment, the more differentiated Qumulo's offering (back to scale-out).

Cons

Building territories, especially new ones takes time and needs a hunter mentality. Order taker guys won't do well here.

Advice to Management

It's the product stupid. Don't ever turn away from rapid development like the big guys did.

Qumulo2018-12-29

"How many Qumulo engineers does it take to change a light bulb? Turns out its 6"

I have been working at Qumulo full-time

Pros

Product quality is top notch. It doesn't crash and is very reliable.

Cons

Product lacks to many features. Engineering team puts in half a shift while the rest of us slave it to find a way to sell the product. Apparently code in engineering has to be done by a team of at least 6 engineers. One Dir. Engineering sent a note saying that engineering will drop by one feature team because teams need to be 6 or more engineers. Go figure.

Advice to Management

It's a startup, so engineering please hustle and get more productive. Why is that every time I visit Seattle the office never gets filled up before 11 and is empty by 5?! We got a good product, needs to be killer for us to sell sell sell.

Qumulo2019-01-30

"Little things matter"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qumulo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Qumulo has some of the nicest, smartest people I've had the pleasure of working with in my career. I love the "share by default" philosophy. People treat each other with kindness and respect. There is no silo building. Drama and politics are kept to a minimum and the focus is on the customer.

Cons

Qumulo runs lean and you must pull your weight and roll up your sleeves.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the little things you do: the daily fresh fruit, weekly all hands, and all that you do to make it a fun work environment.

Qumulo2018-11-26

"New Qumulo"

I have been working at Qumulo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership, great product and a space that's growing. It's a great time to be at Qumulo - wind in the sails.

Cons

Not enough awareness for such a great company and space.

Advice to Management

More social awareness.

Qumulo2018-11-10

"Half pregnant for too long!"

I worked at Qumulo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I can’t think of positive things to say here.

Cons

Exec team is a joke. no vision, no clear direction, and product management is run by unqualified people.

Advice to Management

Too little too late.

Qumulo2018-12-22