R.C. Willey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

R.C. Willey Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.2

Flooring Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at R.C. Willey in July 2017.

Interview

Very polite interview by the flooring manager. Normal questions were asked. The interview took place on the sales floor. There were no trick questions. It was a honest and fair interview. I would work their. Wear a tie.

Interview Questions

R.C. Willey Response

Display Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Rocklin, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got called in for an interview on the site. Was friendly and straight-forward, asked the typical questions. After that she had me schedule to come in 3 days from the interview date to set up a vignette on the showroom floor. That day I had free range of the store to choose what I wanted to set up my vignette. Was given couches and entertainment center to work from and build from there. I completed my vignette in about 3 hours, but I was told in the beginning I had a few hours, so I was unsure if I went 'over' or if it was just right. When I was done she said I had a good eye for color, and that when the job position closed at the end of the month they'd be making their phone calls to who they wanted to hire. I still haven't heard back but it was fun all the same to give it a shot.

Interview Questions

R.C. Willey Response

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

You get called in for a first interview with the warehouse manager. After that you will get called in for a second interview with store management and HR. After that you will get a call whether or not they are going to hire you. If they are you go in to do more paperwork and start in a couple days.

Interview Questions

R.C. Willey Response

Feb 3, 2016 – Online Customer Service Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'll make sure to pass this on to our management.

Interview

Applied via their website. Was called in for an interview. Was a simple 10 minute interview with two managers present. After interview they said they'd call, and did so letting me know the outcome. It was a very simple process. I did quite a bit of research about RC Willey to make sure I knew about the company and they never asked something along the lines of my preparation.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few anecdotal questions about what I'd do in this certain situation, or that situation.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Rocklin, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

They call you for a phone interview asked a few questions about your employment history. Then they setup in person interview but you go through two or three interviews with different people depending if they want to hire you. They will offer job on the spot if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out more then the other people applying for this job?   1 Answer

Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

The associate from HR was very kind and respectful. He was very optimistic about the company. He asked questions about past experience with supervision. The interviewer was knowledgeable about the position and description, however he had never experiences the area nor the actual duties of the position. He was honest about the position being very fast paced and the possible stress levels. Overall the interview was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

R.C. Willey Response

Mar 10, 2016 – Online Customer Service Manager

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Murray, UT).

Interview

the Process will take a while but it is well worth the wait.
    The questions that they give you have common sense answers

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

They basically wanna know if your Mormon and how well you can suck up to them. See if your fit enough and how well you can take orders and be their little pet and for how long.

Nov 24, 2015 – Online Customer Service Manager

This interview does not reflect how RC Willey works as a company. We are a Berkshire Hathaway company and are owned by Warren Buffett. Religion, race, ethnicity and gender do not matter when... More

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Riverdale, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

The office manager and one of her assistants interviewed me while sitting in one of the comfortable chairs that were for sale in the store The questions were more personal than professional. . They asked specific questions regarding my resume It was a friendly, non-confrontational interview. There was no offer made at that time. However,when I called the next day and explained that I had just received another job offer and could begin that week, but preferred to work for them, they expedited the process, arranged an interview with the store manager the next day next day.and hired me later that day All together is was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Because I had acted as a caregiver for four years for a rather well known woman, they questioned how I came to work for her. They were impressed when I told them it was my mother.   1 Answer

Nov 5, 2015 – Online Customer Service Manager

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at R.C. Willey (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

Very long interview process. The HR department manager is very inexperienced. You must know someone that works there or be "one of them" to even get the first interview. After that, the entire process may involve two more interviews and a drug test and ethics test (They know what answers they want to see).

Interview Questions

• Depending on who you interview with, there are not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much. Pay is commission only. Pay cycle is very long, too.