R/GA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

R/GA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the position and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was cancelled a few hours before the scheduled time and I was told to wait for a follow up with a different recruiter. I followed up with them twice, but no response whatsoever.

Application

Interview

I applied and was brought in for an interview within about 2 weeks - very quick. Phone interview with the recruiter went very well and she brought me in the next week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - very standard. But it was very hard to connect with the team, unfortunately. There's a sense of "we've seen it all" here, which I'm usually good at getting around, but I found it was hard to keep the energy up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

There were 2 phone screens and then 2 in-person interviews. The interviews were about 2 hours each in length. You meet members of the team you'd be working with and get interviewed individually as well as interviewed in a small group.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to see concrete work examples from my current job.   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA in November 2012.

Interview

Got contacted by the company recruitment for a first talk over the phone. A few days later got a call from the recruitment coordinador and everything went really well. Third call with the company was via skype (on the webcam). That one was suposed to be with the design team, but ended up being just me and the creative director. Everything was really nice, but skype calls never help in term of image and audio quality, so it was one of the times that I felt that it was hard for R/GA to get to know me better.

Interview Questions

• Explaining some projects from my portfolio via skype was really hard and also picking 3 top projects from my portfolio was kind of tricky.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting my c/v via the company site, I was contacted 4 months later by a freelance recruiter per request of the senior hiring manager. I had an initial phone interview which went well as well as a follow-up phone interview 3 weeks later which also went well. I was informed on the second call they would like to bring me in for an interview. We went back and forth for 4 weeks in an attempt to find someone on the "team" with the time to meet with me in person.

Suffice it to say, this never happened, and I never heard from the R/GA recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Interviews went well. Standard terrain. I was well prepared and qualified.   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

I applied for the job at R/GA, and was happy to hear that I got an interview. They scheduled it for the next day in NY. I was based in DC, and they did not offer to pay for my train ticket up to the city. (Which is fine, since it's a relatively junior position.)

Most of the interviews went well, but there was one person in particular who just seemed to be acting difficult for the sake of acting difficult. This "hard-ass" routine was not very welcoming and turned me off to the whole experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process with R/GA was one of the best I have had. From the first moment of communication with the recruiter to the last, my experience was fluid, transparent, and very well handled by the people of R/GA SF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at R/GA (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Great experience. Team was very open and transparent with what they were looking for.
    Recruiter was fantastic with keeping applicant informed and in the loop as to status.
    Introduced me to other office that had a better position fit per my skill set

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Received an email for first phone interview with HR within week of applying. Easy going and overall, not hard at all if you've worked in a assistant project management/producer role in digital marketing/ad agency. Second interview was at HQ. I met with a few executive producers which was 30 minutes each. Mostly conversational (no pressure). Third interview was 3 weeks in and I met with Account Directors and Producers (30 mins each). Very laid back but passionate people. Got a call 3 days later with offer. Negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with:

SOW's(Statement of work)
      advertising budgets
      banner ads
      digital coordinating

Dou you have a firm (moderate) understanding of:

creative design
      web technology
      project management   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable. Always negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

You might have some comfortable chats with people at R/GA but they will take forever to respond to you and basically waste your time. Focus your energy on smaller companies who are actually looking for talented people to contribute to their business and respond to candidates timely

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions, many of which they couldn't answer themselves.   Answer Question