R/GA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

R/GA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Business Development Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R/GA.

Interview

Screening call with HR followed by an in-office interview.

During my initial in-office interview, the interviewer explicitly said she wanted me to come in for the next round interview. I subsequently received a rejection email. While I understand that hiring involves a lot of factors and considerations, it was an unexpected email to receive given the information I received from my interviewer. Given the circumstances, I subsequently asked HR if it was possible to receive feedback about my interview. I never received a response from HR.

The interview itself was fine and the interviewer was nice, but they should probably establish ground rules on what employees should indicate to interviewees and what they shouldn't so that they avoid these sorts of inconsistencies.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was asked to download an app which presented me with question prompts and allowed me to film my responses within a given time frame. I then had a phone call with an Associate Recruiter. Since I did not live near their office, I had a Zoom call which last 1.5 hrs with the Recruiting Operations Associate, Recruitment Manager, and Director Recruiting Operations. My last interview, before they stopped contacting me, was the Associate Director and lasted 30 minutes.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiting proess is very unprofessional. I was contacted and scheduled for an interview. It was very easy-going and carefree like the interviewers did not even look at my resume beforehand. I was then scheduled to meet the director. The interview went well and told me to wait for the next step. After two weeks of waiting, I was informed that I am getting another interview with two other managers because they "think" I fit more in the other team. A month of waiting after the interview, I was informed that they heard good things about me again. They also asked me if I was getting offers and interviews from other firms and told me to stay tune. After few weeks of waiting again, I emailed them asking about the process. That was when I found out they decided to pursue another candidate. The whole process went on for over 2 months and I was kept in the bait. very very unprofessional...

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R/GA.

Interview

Online application, automated video interview, in-person interview.

The interviewer told me that she was interviewing 20 other applicants that day, and was not very friendly. I usually interview very well but was thrown off by very specific industry questions and her rudeness.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews but it felt like forever because of their scheduling issues. The first round was with two people; we went through my portfolio and the overall interview went well. I had to schedule a second round because the decision maker could not be at the first interview. The second interview was very basic and included no hard questions, but it was THEN that he informed me they had originally budgeted for someone more junior...but would try to make it work.

Afterwards, radio silence. I sent follow-ups to the THREE different recruiters I had been in touch with during this process, and none of them could respond with a copy and paste rejection email. One of my top worst interviewing experiences of all time.

Interview Questions

• Walk through one of your creative projects. Are you wiling to design for a client in the XX industry?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R/GA.

Interview

First, you will contact to HR, then they will assign you interview date. Then you will get minimum 2 interviews. You will meet mid level people and creative directors.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed with two team members over Skype. They were nice and asked smart, thoughtful questions about my work and interests. I spoke with several members of the team and the recruiters many times throughout a three week process. I was given a written offer that was withdrawn when I moved to accept. I've never had that happen before. It was the strangest interview process I've ever had, and I've definitely had odd ones. I was also unaware that it was possible to rescind a written offer, but I guess now I know, and I'm glad I didn't ultimately accept the position, because it made me feel like the process was dishonest and not transparent.

Senior Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA.

Interview

Interviewed with 9 people on three different days. Overall process was clear and everyone seemed ginuinely interested and cared about filling the right person in the right position.

Interview Questions

• Would you have an issue telling the client their flaws in a retrospective?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through two rounds of phone interviews that seemingly went well. R/GA recruiter set up a time for me to come for in-person interviews. When I confirmed, I never heard back, despite sending a couple more emails inquiring about the interviews and the process.

It's fine if they found a better-suited candidate, just have a little professionalism and let me know.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tools and examples of experiences with utilizing or vetting new tools   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant and laid back. I met with an EVP and he kept it really low key. Pulled up my portfolio onscreen and just went through it asking about my thinking behind a few of the projects.

Interview Questions

• -How was your previous internship?
      -What was your thinking behind [this one] portfolio piece?
      -What do you look for in creative partners and an agency?
      Answer Question