R/GA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2018

2.8

Group Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R/GA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had an exploratory informational interview set up with the hiring manager from an internal referral in mid 2017. At the time the level of the role potentially available was too junior for my experience. But we'd 'keep in touch.'

Late 2017 the actual role at the right level was posted and they went radio silent after multiple rounds of follow up. Found out they were close to closing a candidate for that role, then they fell through and the same role was reposted in early 2018. (2x now)

After follow up from my internal connection, they were sent my information a 3rd time. I had heard they also switched applicant tracking systems and may have lost my application?

Regardless, it's unprofessional to go radio silent on an internal referral. Next time, respond saying they're not the right fit or the role has been filled.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience at past agencies prepared you to work for a global agency?   Answer Question

Content Platforms Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Everyone was quick to respond and set up an interview right away. I met with three different people and they were all nice and very informative. The interview process lasted about an hour. Although, I did not get an offer is was a pleasant and informative experience. The office was very nice and it seemed like a creative environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R/GA.

Interview

A mess. Recruiter would call, schedule an interview, and then at that date and time, no one could call in. It took a few attempts until I spoke with my future boss. I almost didn't take the job, because it made the company seem so disorganized. Then she called out of the blue after one interview and offered me the job. I was nervous but still decided to give it a shot. My boss was a very organized person so it ended up being ok.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R/GA (Buenos Aires, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

After two missed remote interviews where the recruiter didn’t showed up simply saying he forgot the first one and missed scheduling the second one... I accepted going on site. I told him I was gonna be using my lunch break for that, nevertheless I had to wait 15 minutes in the lobby, be interviewed by a different person who was not fully aware of previous conversations.

I was later interviewed by someone related to the IT department who tried to explain very smoothly that the role was not a Manager role but more of a technical role with kind of someone Jr under my watch.

Really unprofessional to advertise a Manager role when it's really not... a waste of time.

After 5 days and no news about them...I decided writing to the recruiter to politely put myself off the table and offered suggesting some candidates...

I didn't even received a reply...

If this is how they treat candidates, I don't want to be an employee under any circumstances.

Something that helped to get out of there knowing that was a waste of my time was seeing they are using Zoom as a videoconferencing solution but not paying the Zoom rooms contract and having a keyboard/mouse on the tables to login to the desktop app on the room TV.... SO CHEAP!

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background in general but no deep technical questions   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R/GA (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Set up a phone interview with one of the recruiters/HR person. She never called.
    Never sent an emailed trying to reschedule or apologize either.
    Incredibly amateurish and irresponsible. Also a waste of my time.

answered or emailed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a call with the HR person and then interviewed with 4 people on the same day, 2 senior analysts and 2 managers. People there are very friendly and our conversations went well.

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The office in NY is amazing. Collaborative work environment and they took me on a tour just on the interview. The process was very informal and I had the opportunity to meet with multiple people that helped my decision to join the company.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

This was one of the most bizarre interview processes I've been a part of. I began by applying for a position as a design intern in New York City. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that I had been lifted from the intern pool and they were going to interview me for a full-time position. I thought this could only mean good things. After one brief half-hour interview, I was told they planned on making hiring decisions within the week. Two weeks later, I was informed that not only did I not get the full-time position, but they were moving forward with other candidates for the intern position as well.

Interview Questions

• If you were to show me one piece in your portfolio that reflects you as a designer, what would it be?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R/GA.

Interview

Online Automated Interview, super chill, not hard questions but was a little weird talking to the computer. There was enough time to answer each question and I did not feel rushed or stressed while answering.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R/GA (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

About a month after applying I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone call was more of an explanation of the role but I was asked about some of my previous experience. I had two back to back on-site interviews the following week and was told I would hear back within the next week. It has now been two weeks and despite emailing the recruiter I never received anything back.