R/GA Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R/GA (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Coding take home test with plenty of time to complete the assignment. They were looking for good quality code with attention to detail and the ability to explain the code; not gotcha test questions or a rushed, pressured timed test.

Interview Questions

• To explain the code that I wrote.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for R/GA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very informal. The first interviewer didn't know anything technical. He kept uttering the f word and using "sexy" as a reference word to describe the code. I took that as a normal practice in the ad industry. I was told that the next recruiter would be a technical one. He just stopped me when I started explaining oops answers. A few general questions and I was told I would be invited for the next round. After personally following up with the HR in 2 weeks, I was told that I was not selected. Nothing against the company but the overall experience was unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at R/GA (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I went via a recruiting company in San Francisco. Interviewed with 6 people in one day. Short interviews, partly technical and partly general questions. The culture seems very political and seems like management expects you to suck up to them even on the interview. Seem to hire based on hipster culture.

Interview Questions

• Mobile platform caching. What's your most notable achievement.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R/GA (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in January 2016.

Interview

Three interviews. One with Recruirment manager. One with the technical director and one technical interview with colleagues. It was a good experience and there were some tough technical questions.
    It was very informative on the job description .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R/GA in February 2012.

Interview

This was a 3:1 interview with their team of engineers. The interview questions were related to memory management, design patterns, and writing code on the whiteboard. For the 2nd part of the interview, the interviewer did not show. I never heard back from them again. No rejection letter, no nothing. No phone call, not even email. Very unprofessional.