RAPP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.7

Marketing Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RAPP (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to schedule phone interview with a VP. The 2nd/final round was with 2 other VPs onsite. All finalists were given an office tour on the same day as the final round.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging project you've done recently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RAPP.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with four members of the team. I had several marketing and media experiences before. Overall interview was pretty chill. They asked some fun questions but also some unordinary questions that me and my co-workers didn't really see the point.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RAPP (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was nervous for the interview but ended up having a great discussion with two account executives who were enthusiastic to meet my curiosity about agency life with informative answers. I was asked to an interview in person before having a phone interview. I walked away not only having a greater understanding of the role but feeling confident it was something I wanted to pursue.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at an agency, and what do you hope to learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RAPP (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Kinda scrambled, and thrown together. They cancelled on me once before having me interview with the wrong person. Then they had technical difficulties. But overall I felt like I had a good idea of what I was getting myself into.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY).

Interview

Just a basic background check talking about previous experiences and what you are interested in learning at RAPP and how you see yourself contributing to other interns. Super casual, all you have to do is be yourself and say that you know this and that about being in an advertisement atmosphere.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was amazing I spoke to a lot of people i hope to meet all of these people again. I loved the office but the commute from Chicago would be too far

Interview Questions

• they asked me basic questions you would expect in an interview   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RAPP.

Interview

Unprofessional is the word here. Roughly half of the email correspondence in setting up the initial phone screening had her use the wrong first name. Upon finalizing a time with their recruiter I received a phone call just over 15 minutes late with no apology other than as she was in her car the signal will likely drop in the garage.

Yes, the signal dropped and yes, she was in her car. That was a first.

The questions from the get go were more confrontational than anything as though challenging my 15 years of experience as a data analyst in a variety of industries. That I would need to be okay not being front and center with clients (I prefer it, actually) only to retort with needing to sometimes fill in for an account manager as necessary (of course).

And as she was driving, there was no access to either my resume or notes pertaining to my background that could be referenced.

It was clearly the end of her day and interviewing me was a a clear formality to check off her to do list.

Follow up emails garnered zero response and must say that I may have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Would I be okay working under a director who had only 12 years of experience - but all agency.   1 Answer

RAPP Response

May 8, 2015

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize that your interview experience was less than optimal. We’re looking into this internally, to ensure it doesn’t happen again. If you'd like to discuss ... More

Sessions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RAPP (El Segundo, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Consisted of a Skype interview with three members of the team. I had previous internship experience in media. This is an area they do not offer an internship in, so they probed about why I was seeking an internship with them. Asked a few "fun" questions. If you could be any animal which would you be and why? If you were stuck in an island, etc. Overall friendly interviewers. Response took about 7 days upon which I was told they had gone with a better qualified applicant.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in RAPP?   Answer Question
    • Which capability do you think you would be a best fit for?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in the advertising industry?   Answer Question
    • You didn't major in advertising, so how did you end up wanting to be part of the ad industry?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RAPP.

Interview

initial Phone interview with director , individual in person interviews with directors and team, case study presentation to entire group. initial phone interview and in person interviews about a week apart. all in person interviews on same day

Media Budget Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RAPP (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The process took about a month from the time I applied, but once the ball's rolling, it only took about two week to hear back from them after I emailed and asked for an update, and I did not get an offer. First, there was a phone screen. Two days later they called me in for an in-person interview. The schedule included three mini sessions with two individual and a group, followed by an Excel test. Overall it was a positive experience.