RES Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.3

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RES Software (Radnor, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial Interview is over the Phone. Once you pass that, you speak to your potential boss over the phone. You have to submit writing samples prior to this. They were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Global Social + Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RES Software (Radnor, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview for the position, with the hiring manager. I then came in for a 1:1 with that Manager, interviewed with the VP of the Department, then 2 other employees on the Marketing Team. The interviews went really well. Plus, I received great feedback via email from the hiring manager, quickly after the interviews and made it sound like an offer was coming very soon.

It then took, another 2 months (of me checking in every other week) about the progress of the position. The hiring manager kept saying that the VP was traveling, we're making a decision soon, etc. FINALLY, I heard that the entire position was changing and that this was no longer a role. It's a shame, because I felt they knew that the entire time. The lack of communication with someone that you were excited about and were planning on hiring was very unprofessional. Please work on your interaction with future candidates.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RES Software.

Interview

This was a long process. It involved an initial phone interview and then an online personality test. That was followed by 3 in-person and 2 Skype interviews with senior management. I was successful with all of that and was told I would receive an offer letter. While waiting to receive the letter, past zero hour, I was told that the CEO suddenly recognized the importance of this position and wanted to interview me -- but that he'd be out for a week. At this point, a red flag went off. If the CEO did not trust the judgement of all the senior staff and the hiring process put in place, it seemed like an omen that a lot of good work and effort could also be derailed at the whim of the CEO. Since I was fortunate to be otherwise employed, I declined to continue this process.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize work when everything is "priority"?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RES Software.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter via email with a copy of the job posting attached. We spoke on the phone almost immediately following my response that I had interest. I was arranged to speak with the VP of my department also fairly quickly and we spent about 45 minutes on the phone the next day. I then met in person with the CEO, and several members of the senior leadership team. There was also a personality-style assessment which was reviewed during one of my interviews.

In my final interview, I spent the entire day at the Radnor office and met with my VP in person, went out to lunch with the department and also skyped with several top leaders in the Netherlands office.

Overall I met with 9 people during the process. While thorough, it may have been mildly overkill as I got the impression that the decision was made before my final interview day. Throughout that day several people told me it was a "formality" and "expect an offer tomorrow". Offer was provided in 2 days time.

Interview Questions

• If you ask, you should be able to review the results of your personality test. Look this over and be prepared because you may get questions about aspects of your personality which could be viewed as a negative versus how the person in the position should behave.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was competitive in terms of salary. They were unwilling/unable to negotiate in terms of PTO and stock options, but those were not deal-breakers for me so I accepted same day.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RES Software.

Interview

The interview process was tough but it gave me a clear understanding of the company's expectations of me as well as the type of day to day to work I would be doing.

I completed an email questionnaire, a writing sample test, and an online personality/drive assessment. I had phone interviews with the recruiter, hiring manager and Chief Marketing Officer. I also had in person meetings with the hiring manager, VP of Marketing and CEO. Additionally they checked references.

Interview Questions

• If you started tomorrow, how would you spend your first 90 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company was very open to negotiations and providing a fair offer to fit my needs.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RES Software (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The RES recruiting team is a pleasure to work with, and the executives I interviewed with went out of their way to make sure they knew me and my background extremely well and that I had open access to understand the company, products, strategy and market position in great detail to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• RES Software needs people who can contribute quickly. Be prepared with knowledge of the company, products and market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

RES wants to hire great people - and makes sure those they hire are excited by both their compensation plan and their opportunity for career growth.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RES Software (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Hiring process began as a phone interview with first line manager, second interview was with VP. In the third interview I had to perform a demo and presentation of a technology I was familiar with and a Q and A session with first line manager and product management. Final negotiation phase was over lunch with the VP and CEO. All levels of the process were amazing, all staff and management were extremely cordial and inviting. The fact the senior management and the CEO made themselves available during the process speaks volumes.

Interview Questions

• Product management through a few trick questions my way, that did not have a real answer in an effort to get me to lie, or embellish the truth. While it was a bit confusing at the time, we later discussed it and the rationale was to ensure RES maintained their core values especially in sales by not hiring dishonest people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation was possible but was an honest an open conversation on both ends. Expect a fair and reasonable offer.

Director Channels America's Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RES Software (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very streamlined process. Initial phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with reporting manager. Upon successful completion, I met with the executive team at RES HQ in Philadelphia, and spent the day with them discussing the vision of the position and goals for execution. Received an online personality/drive assessment, provided references, and had final phone interview with reporting manager.

Negotiation

Very generous offer, and negotiation was flexible. RES was very aggressive with extending me an offer, and little negotiation was necessary. Extremely happy to be apart of such an incredible company.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RES Software (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two one-hour interviews with a VP and CFO. These are very good people - high integrity, genuine, and hard working. It was more of discussion than interview questions. We discussed the type of management they needed, and I explained how I would approach the role.

Interview Questions

• In my case, there were no trick questions, or even standard interview type questions. It was more of a business discussion to share what they needed and how I would manage my piece of the business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very accommodating. I was offered the exact compensation package that I asked for.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RES Software (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

5 stage interview process:
    ---------------------------------------------
    1. Interview with Solution Architect manager
    2. Interview with Account manager
    3. Technical screening
    4. Executive meeting/ Interview
    5. Whiteboard/PowerPoint demo to team to explain technology, demonstrate room skills.

My process took about 45 days due to some trade shows and end of quarter items i had to deal with. It was a pleasant experience. a bit drawn out, but all in all a good method to interview.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls would fill this room if there was no furniture in it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is allowed and recieved fairly. They are out to get the best talent they can, and pay accordingly.