RES Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Al Monserrat

Pros
  • It is a great place to grow professionally (in 6 reviews)

• I think there are some good honest people at the company and they are trying hard, the people from EMEA are really nice, the Americans not so much (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Company suffers from an identity crisis (in 2 reviews)

• No effective messaging or positioning (in 4 reviews)

"Excellent company, great leadership, stage is set for fast growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New CEO is breathing fresh life into RES. He's bringing great strategy, excellent new leaders (EMEA & Engineering) and a focus on both company execution and brand recognition.

Cons

Change, even when positive, is hard for many people, we've lost a few good folks who were just no longer a fit for the new RES.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work; can't wait to see what is next for RES!

"Needs to grow more, but a good company overall"

Former Employee - Order Management Specialist in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Order Management Specialist in Radnor, PA

I worked at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Excellent passion and motivation exercised from top company officers (CEO, COO and CTO are solid leaders, display good empathy and have tremendous character, and want to take RES into an upper echelon software company). The company's R&D department is top notch and excellent to provide new and innovative software solutions for its customers.
    --Good displays of teamwork within departments. Also, there is a "Great Place to Work" survey that is taken seriously by upper management as ways to better improve the organization from top to bottom - the survey has helped the organization improve over the years.
    --Opportunities to travel and visit Dutch (and other European) colleagues in the NL office, and a chance to visit the Netherlands during time away from the office.

Cons

--Cross functional communication is the biggest challenge with the organization. There is an obsession over how things "have always been done" as opposed to expressing good empathy and fostering more flexibility in solving issues. This is especially true when two different departments attempt to communicate with one another, or when the NL office needs something from the US office and vice versa. Also, mid-level managers ask questions that can go off on odd tangents, and it takes time to come back on point. Sales can be impatient and have no desire to fully understand processes and why certain deals can or can't be done.
    --Like most startups, it is a roller coaster ride financially speaking. The Netherlands HQ is financing all American operations 90-95% of the time, which is a little constraining. The American office is getting better, but is still a couple or a few years away from being a "month-end close" company and becoming truly independent of NL financing.
    --I worked for the finance team, but was soon the sole representative in the US office (after a few job cutbacks) and my boss was in the NL. Professional conversations to resolve problems were challenging because of time differences. Unless you consider a move to the Netherlands, there are no opportunities to advance in your career within the finance team in the US office, and likely won't be for a while.

Advice to Management

--Continue to foster team building within the organization, particularly emphasizing less passion on established processes and exercising more empathy with fellow co-workers. Look for ways to allow your employees to be more flexible in resolving issues, without firing a barrage of questions in order to belittle or demean your teammates (or at least give that perception).
    --Continue to improve, or look for ways to improve, on the communication deficiencies company wide. The organization is full of good and talented people, but a better emphasis needs to be placed on fostering solid communication.
    --The company exercises sound financial judgment, but clearly needs a big boost from private equity in the USA in order for the company to grow and make a strong impact, especially in the diverse American marketplace. This will also allow for a greater headcount in the organization (particularly in America), where people are asked to perform multiple jobs and feel burned out at times.

"Was once good, not anymore! New Management changed the feel of once a great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free food, nice people.

Cons

They don't care about the employees anymore. When I first started at RES it was a company that took pride in their employees. Not so much now. Communication is horrible. At times you don't even know what the company does. Marketing changes the branding every year, sales and marketing DO NOT get a long. Management does not allow certain groups to work from but 95% of the US works from home, not fair. Sales cycle is too long, sales will make no many. If you do not make any sales they will get rid of you. No true sales training and not much support as well. Marketing can do no wrong. They keep hiring marketing folks and promoting everyone to dir. or Sr. Manager. Funny thing is they outsource a lot of the work. They have intern, co-ops, everything under the sun. Sr. management is never seen, only when the CEO is in town, which is NEVER.

Advice to Management

Look at who is running each group. Communication must get better. Be fair to ALL employees (work from home policy). Focus on the marketing teams, it's OK to Make changes.

"Excellent Vision and Passionate People"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR

I worked at RES Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for large, medium, and small companies and startups. I've never had such a great experience working for any company, than I working at RES Software. RES employees are so passionate about building a fun and exciting brand, and products that really benefit their customers. Working for the company for 3 years provided great memories and I really value the time I had with them. Their product vision and company direction was in line with the latest trends in the industry. They are in a perfect spot to really take advantage of the market opportunity.

Cons

I'm not able to think of many cons regarding this company. They have such a proven track record of building a great culture and listening to their employees.

Advice to Management

It's a great time for RES Software. Keep the momentum and continue to hire great talent!

Jan 9, 2015 – HR

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had such a positive experience at RES. We take pride in our passion and culture of fun, innovation and respect for each other. Best of luck to you ... More

"Great product. Smart, passionate people."

I have been working at RES Software full-time

Pros

Ability to innovate. New ideas are accepted. RES has a small company feel, but is run by big company minds. Work / Life balance and ability to work remotely is great for most departments.

Cons

Breaking into the US business has been tough. We are having a few growing pains so if you want to join the company, you need to be flexible and patient.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are all on the same page and follow through in efforts to support US growth.

"Disgusting!"

I have been working at RES Software full-time

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at RES. There are many other companies that will treat you like a human, these people do not. They have no regard for you.

Cons

The leadership team in EMEA and the US are the worst. They all lie and the politics are unbearable. The former CEO is the worst (Klaus Besier), not sure the current is any better. I observed the founder to be the most reasonable, however he was bashed by the CEO at every turn. They also fire people on a whim, often.

Advice to Management

The board should clean house and start over.

Aug 18, 2014 – HR

Thank you for your comments. We value your opinion and are sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. At RES, we care about our employees and strive to create an environment of trust and respect ... More

"Feeling of being part of a family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*RES Software treats its employees very well.
    *It is a great place to grow professionally.
    *Upper Management never makes you feel like they are better than you. They act like real people, and not stuffy execs.

Cons

European company which sometimes has a tough time adapting to the American Information Technology mindset.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job in making an employee feel like part of a family.

"Fun and Exciting Company To Be Apart Of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One thing that is true, RES is fun and an exciting place to work. Every team is helpful and we all have the same goal, see RES succeed and be the best company to work at. With great leadership we are able to be our own. RES is flexible and understanding. Take it from me I have a family and there have been days I either had to work from home or leave on the early side. As long has your work gets done and you can be reached this is all that matters. RES is a company that has grown in the last year and of course every company that is growing will have ups and downs. So as you read the reviews on GD, take them with a grain of salt. But I can tell you first hand that this is a great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I can see is that there is a lot of pressure to succeed, not necessarily a con but you have to have 2 feet in, not 1.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and listen to the employees.

Apr 24, 2014 – CEO

I appreciate your commitment to our success. Let's "Just do it".... glad to have you on the team

"Wonderful!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful! This is the perfect word to describe my experience with RES. From the management, the opportunity, the company vision, the customer feedback, the professional growth to the team. I wanted something more than just another job. I wanted to be part of the next big thing and I feel very lucky to have found that and more.

Cons

Wish I had this experience earlier in my career.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing: making great products, supporting the team and bringing on more superstars.

Apr 17, 2014 – CEO

we are privileged to have you on our team

"Dynamic company with many opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Marketing in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Radnor, PA

I have been working at RES Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a small company, with big company talent. People work hard and there is a general sense of contributing to a "team." Management asks for feedback often, and implements changes when it makes sense. For a small organization, there are nice little perks for employees that make it comfortable to come to the office every day, and there is a great deal of flexibility. People who are a wrong fit for the company move on quickly, so the team is generally made up of the right people at any given time.

Cons

You have to pull your weight, and often more. If you prefer to do bare minimum, you may not be happy here. Systems and processes sometimes lag behind the company's growth, but they are catching up.

Advice to Management

Early and frequent alignment is key.