KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

RES Software Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2021

Found 97 of over 100 reviews

3.8
RES Software CEO Al Monserrat (no image)
Al Monserrat

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best company - best workplace

Oct 6, 2017 - Marketing in Radnor, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company got recently acquired but it was the best company I ever worked for. Best workplace, good benefits and great team.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A growing organization with tons of upside

Sep 23, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The core group of leaders and people are good solid people. They are always trying to do right by the company, the staff, and the customers. The culture is really good ( at least on the technical side) and overall there is a sense that there is something amazing that is growing. They take good care of my family through great benefits, they give me the resources i need to be successful. I feel like the reward me fairly for the work that i do and the goals that i accomplish.

Cons

They are a global organization with great aspirations, this causes a perception of pains where none exist. I have seen most all of these issues be addressed , and the remaining have a plan that has been presented to the employees. I'm not being a homer. But the good outweighs the bad by a significant margin. There are ups and downs, politics, and pressures of every organization in the world. It's impossible to please everyone, but they have done a good job addressing any and all pressing issues.

9 people found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your thorough review and the advice you provided for our management team; and this will be forwarded to them for consideration. We are glad that your experience at RES has been positive and we endeavor to be a truly great workplace which includes continuing communication and transparency.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best group of people I have ever worked with

May 8, 2013 - Globaler Innovations- Und Renovierungsmanager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been involved selling RES since 2003, but only started at the company in 2011. After the change in leadership last year, I felt that I had finally found a long term home. The fact the we have a balance between technical vision (with the original author of the software still actively involved) and business accumen (heavy hitters from Wyse, Symantec, SAP, MS) I am fully convinced that this company is on its way to dominating the marketspace we are now pursuing. I have never been involved with a group of people that has shown so much mutual respect and forward momentum. Sure, we have our disagreements, but this is a team like no other

Cons

It has been a long, uphill struggle, and occasionally the time zone differences between the US and HQ create some response time challenges for customers and partners. That has changed in the short time I have been here, and I am sure it will continue to change for the better.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

A Great Company with Lots of Potential

Apr 29, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at a lot of companies of various sizes and none have been as much fun to work for as RES. My colleagues make it worth coming in everyday and my management is always willing to hear my ideas and even let me disagree when I don't agree with theirs. Management gives you a lot of leeway to make your own path instead of micromanaging how you do your job. There has also been a lot of effort that I've seen on better training and educating the staff (it's a newer approach so it's not perfected, but I see the progress). The technology is really cool and there is a lot of effort in trying to make it better and more customized for customers' needs.

Cons

This isn't the company to work for if you don't want to get down into the weeds. There is no place to hide if you're not performing so the pressure is always on. The company is trying to prove itself very quickly which can cause growing pains.

9 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Fun and Exciting Company To Be Apart Of

Apr 23, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One thing that is true, RES is fun and an exciting place to work. Every team is helpful and we all have the same goal, see RES succeed and be the best company to work at. With great leadership we are able to be our own. RES is flexible and understanding. Take it from me I have a family and there have been days I either had to work from home or leave on the early side. As long has your work gets done and you can be reached this is all that matters. RES is a company that has grown in the last year and of course every company that is growing will have ups and downs. So as you read the reviews on GD, take them with a grain of salt. But I can tell you first hand that this is a great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I can see is that there is a lot of pressure to succeed, not necessarily a con but you have to have 2 feet in, not 1.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

I appreciate your commitment to our success. Let's "Just do it".... glad to have you on the team

6. 5.0

Excitement Growing with new CEO

Apr 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

With Al Monserrat as new CEO and continued growth of IT Store, excitement is growing at RES Software. RES has a large opportunity in front of us to help lead an IT shift to be more user centric. With the right technology, right leadership and a ripe industry, I believe there is a lot of opportunity for RES to grow. Customers share this excitement and enjoy working with RES and using the technology. There are continually product release updates which make customers happy to see new advancements and reaction to their product requests.

Cons

Growth and new leadership can bring growing pains and sometimes employee turnover. Change is hard and at times can bring uncertainty before there is full clarity around future direction.

12 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Vision and Passionate People

Sep 25, 2014 - Solutions Architect in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for large, medium, and small companies and startups. I've never had such a great experience working for any company, than I working at RES Software. RES employees are so passionate about building a fun and exciting brand, and products that really benefit their customers. Working for the company for 3 years provided great memories and I really value the time I had with them. Their product vision and company direction was in line with the latest trends in the industry. They are in a perfect spot to really take advantage of the market opportunity.

Cons

I'm not able to think of many cons regarding this company. They have such a proven track record of building a great culture and listening to their employees.

12 people found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had such a positive experience at RES. We take pride in our passion and culture of fun, innovation and respect for each other. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company that values their customers, partners AND employees!

Aug 22, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like working where you can actually make a difference, then this is the right place for you. Feedback and opinions are valued by the company and taken seriously. Criticism is also welcome as long as idea to fix issues are also presented (aka don't just complain!). New products are constantly being developed which are innovative and interesting (and also work!). Did I mention that we also have fast AND sustainable growth around the globe?

Cons

Trying to remember the names of the new employees! :) Seriously... Due to the global nature of the organization, not all career opportunities exist in all locations although this is becoming less of an issue. Also, we have hired the wrong people in the past based on previous job (and company) experience, however this is also being addressed by having more employees speak to potential candidates...

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

False Promises on Technology and Leadership Trying to Guess their Way to Success

Feb 22, 2017 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Several people really do try to make it work OTE for salespeople is middle upper-end of spectrum Health benefits are great.

Cons

The product fails to deliver on promises without lots of custom services work and even then only works in very specific use cases. Over the last year several people have quit without being replaced so everyone is expected to pick up the extra work with limited direction Management guesses at a new go-to-market message every 6 - 9 months because the products were built to do a few things "ok" but nothing specifically great. Even the things they pick as go-to-market end up not working in half the environments when trying to deploy. Marketing makes best effort to solidify company identity but because of previously mentioned challenges it is hard. Therefore leads for sales people are few and far between. Marketing leadership also doesn't seem to understand basics of advertising in a digital era and what real content strategies are and how to use data. Code is old and market differentiation of "out of the box" integrations appear to be poorly packaged scripts with a UI

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Some good people - really bad market

Mar 7, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think there are some good honest people at the company and they are trying hard, the people from EMEA are really nice, the Americans not so much. I think the core values in EMEA are great but in the US they have been diluted in pursuit of market share. The engineers are great in all locations.

Cons

The technology is dated, some code is over 10 years old. What is new is hacked together and not cohesive. The core market is terrible and they are struggling to find new markets for the products. There is a lot of emphasis on growth but without strong marketing or direction. Every year they seem to have a new focus but the sales are from the oldest product in the portfolio. Management seems a bit clueless.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Reviews

RES Software Reviews FAQs

RES Software has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at RES Software to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RES Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RES Software. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

69% of RES Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RES Software 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RES Software to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be management .