RGB Spectrum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RGB Spectrum

2.8

Software Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGB Spectrum (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Person hiring me asked me questions about streaming and I gave exact same answers and in person. Even after telling them that I have never implemented thing he was looking for on Android he still scheduled onsite interview. Then within 30 min of our chat declared I don't have skills he looking for. Duh what a waste of time! I would avoid them, they are not sure what they are looking for...

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGB Spectrum (Alameda, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially received a call about my interest in applying for the position. I was asked to do a Skype-Webcast interview. The interview seemed to go well that I was asked to come onsite to interview with 4 other persons including the CEO. I didn´t have much eye contact with the CEO because he kept reading off my resume and hardly looked up. The process took about 2-1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my experience and how it would align with their job requirement.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RGB Spectrum (Alameda, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for a position that she thinks matches with me profile. I responded with Interest as I was impressed by the company profile.
    Interview process:
    1 phone interview.
    1 onsite interview
    (7 people interviewed me without any break time..pretty tiring).
    All the engineers were senior engineers and I was interviewed by VP.
    All are senior engineers and are very good in what they do.
    Most of the time, they will ask things from your resume. One interview was based on coding question. Basically bit manipulations, producer-consumer problems etc. The interview will go deeper and deeper as you answer more. and ultimately they top only when you reach your limit. The questions they asked was based on your resume and has little to do with what they do in there. My interview started at 10 am and ended till 3 pm

The HR seems to be really slow and unprofessional in their communication.

Interview Questions

• Producer - conumer problem ..retrieving data from a hardware port but data can also come in bursts. You are given the help of an FPGA guy if you need to make any hardware change.
      Almost the rest of the questions were all related to my field of work.   Answer Question

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGB Spectrum (Alameda, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

They asked about your technical background. Ist they will call for phone screen after that they will call for onsite for half day. Some coding level expertize and OS concepts and C and C++ questions asked to me.

Negotiation

After finishing your interview within 2 or 3days they sent offer

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGB Spectrum (Alameda, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First telephonic interview and half day one to one meeting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1day

Android Streaming Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RGB Spectrum (Alameda, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The corporate recruiter set up an interview between me and the engineering manager. He was very nice, asked me some good questions, and we agreed to meet the following week. Unfortunately I accepted another offer before that happened, but overall it was a pleasant experience and they seem like a nice enough group.

Marketing/Training Interview

Interview

Average interview. Learned that CEO is autocratic and not well-liked. Interviewed with hiring manager and product marketing director. Sent thank-you emails to interviewers. Not too surprising that I got zero acknowledgements. However upon following up up twice with recruiter - I got no response at all, no status - no nothing. This is not only rude and unprofessional but a statement of how they regard candidates.