RPS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RPS Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Technical Interview

Interview

it was so very long ago that I do not remember it at all. It was a quick interview and I was hired on the spot as they were in need of someone.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RPS Group (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interview process: one with HR and the CFO, and one with a superior Controller. The first interview was in-person, the second was by video conference. First interview went well, but the second was distant and the head controller didn't seem interested.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience in each role.   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RPS Group.

Interview

I sent a CV and was offered an interview with the Technical Director and a Sustainability Consultant. I was told by HR that the interview was competency-based so I did not prepare anything technical. However, I was given calculations and technical data interpretation questions which I was not expecting. I was asked very specific things from my CV and not so much general questions like "what are your strengths?".

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RPS Group (Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was clearly a breakdown in communication, I received a call from HR two days before interview date to schedule appointment but then when I called back HR they then realized they should have gone through our college placement office. Our placement office sent through details (email with instructions to the college portal) to download Cover letter and CV which did not appear to have been done as I arrived for interview and they only had a copy of my cover letter. Fortunately I brought copies with me, the receptionist was courteous but appeared to be under pressure and one of the interviewers came out 5 mins before interview looking for a meeting room which was not available and appeared to also be under pressure. I was called in 15 minutes after the scheduled time 11am and interviewed by two interviewers who were very courteous and interviewing other candidates on the day. They apologized for the time delay due to a phonecall, the interview took half an hour and I was escorted out by one of the interviewers at the end, shook hands and very amicable.

Interview Questions

• Describe day to day responsibilities and tasks I would have performed in my last position?   1 Answer
    • Why did I want to work for RPS Group?   1 Answer

Administration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RPS Group (Nottingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had first interview went well, general questions good atmosphere the interviewers were nice and friendly. One interviewer was and ops manager the other a project manager. They spoke about the company and described what they did and what they were expecting and it led to a second interview the next day. Second interview went well again this time was with two directors who dug deep into my CV ask all about my previous roles. They were interested in talking over more than you giving them your answers. Was told that I'd hear either way but didn't. Shame really as I'm always keen for feedback even if I didn't get the role. Be wary that you might not hear back even despite chasing up with the recruiter.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RPS Group (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

The panel interview set up is less intimidating than other companies. I found the interviewers and the office nice in a good central location. I was asked for references in the interview - which I thought went well. However no response after the interview left a sour taste in my mouth.

I found HR quite rude and non-responsive. HR was supposed to be letting me know (not the interviewers) the outcome. This company's HR is based in Queensland (which makes it hard if you screen your phone calls) and their HR do not bother emailing you like other companies regarding interviews. I was taking other interview calls and personal appointments and got messed around twice with the day of the interview. A simple email would have sufficed to convey this information instead of 4 phone calls. This is frustrating and the only company in Perth who seem not email people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with telemarketers? Their clients 'sound international'   Answer Question
    • How do you rate your computer skills?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with sudden changes to workload - if someone wasn't pulling their weight and you needed to do something for a client?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RPS Group in August 2016.

Interview

Friendly, started on time, well organised, straightforward question set: focused on my previous experience and what I could bring to the organisation, no surprise tests or presentations, explained the team structure, work, client base and expectations very well, went through company benefits (pension, annual leave, share scheme etc.),

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RPS Group.

Interview

They mostly use recruiters. So, the recruiter informed me about the interview and advise me not to talk about salary.
    I was invited to an interview in their offices. They called me after 2 days to tell me that I got the job.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RPS Group (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Interview was fairly laid back. Interview by a senior engineer and the operations manager. The main part of the interview was talking about me and my background - heavily focussing on my CV and asking about what I done in particular situations and MY responsibilities. This was quite important. As uncomfortable as it as you have to blow your own trumpet as they are expecting to find out exactly what your roles, responsibilities and skill sets were. They also asked the basic HR Q's: " What would you do when dealt with a difficult customer ", " Where do you see yourself in 5 years " etc etc.

Interview Questions

• For me there were no difficult questions. It was not technical interview in the slightest. They seemed more interested to know you as a person and how you would fit in with the company. My one bit of advice would be not to lie. Although the interview is fairly laid back and not technical, don't be lulled into a false sense of security. If you think that the people interviewing you won't know if you are embellishing truths you will be caught out. Be honest and if you don't know something don't try and BS your way through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating was carried out by a recruitment agency.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RPS Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was an on site interview with two directors. Very friendly and not intimidating. Allowed me to speak quite freely whilst leading me with strategic questions. It all went very smoothly and took about an hour. The questions were quite general about my background, my education and work experience and also quite detailed about the company so best to do your groundwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so no need to negotiate.