RS&H Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RS&H

2.3

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RS&H (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

I was invited to their aviation day program in Jacksonville office. They paid for airfare, hotel and dinner. Almost all candidates invited were for their entry level position. People were cool, open and friendly. But they didn't email if we are hired or not after interview which they said they do notify us within 14 days. After couple of emails they send pre-written email saying they moved with other candidate.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RS&H (Tampa, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview was professional but had a lighthearted feel to it. The interviewers were friendly and didn't ask that many technical questions. They were happy that I brought sample work with me.

Interview Questions

• Are you detail oriented or more of a big picture person? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RS&H (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

We were flown to the corporate office, all expenses paid, for two days and one night. The first day we were given an office tour and that evening we had a happy hour with an open bar and a chance to talk to fellow candidates and professionals within the company over dinner. We were given assigned tables and it was a pleasant experience. The following day we had three to six interviews, each about half an hour a piece. Thanks to the night before the interview process was a lot more relaxed and easy to work through.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your greatest challenges, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RS&H (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Initially sent in my resume only, got a call back a few weeks later to set up an in-person interview. The interview ran a bit over an hour. Was a fairly pleasant experience, it was just me the office manager and the senior engineer I would be reporting too. Was pretty laid back didn't ask too many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about some of the experience I had listed on my resume as well as asking the standard sort of what do you know about the company and why do you want to work here kind of thing.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RS&H (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online after speaking to a representative at UT Austin's Spring Engineering Expo; and was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a screening interview. After the screening interview I was contacted by the HR department to schedule an onsite interview. At the onsite interview I went through 4 different sets of interviews, 2 of which were 1-1 and the other 2 were 2-1. The engineers were a mix of those in transportation and other fields that I would be interacting with on a daily basis in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen to be the leader on so many group projects?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever run into difficulties with one particular person when working in a group setting? How did you deal with this difficulty?   Answer Question
    • If you were not going to be an engineer, what would you be?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly informal interview. Office manager ran through local office work load, job duties, ongoing and upcoming projects and other company details. Asked non-HR based questions that evaluated character and skills level on a more personal level.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on during school/ working experience.   Answer Question

RS&H Response

May 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy to hear your interview experience with RS&H was positive!

Associate Airfield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RS&H (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Two day event where the first day was a meet and greet, tour, and dinner. Second day consisted of interviews and lunch. There were three 30 minute interviews in a row with short breaks in between but was actually not too difficult. They all asked different questions. Awesome experience!

Interview Questions

RS&H Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy you enjoyed your time at the event and we appreciate you investing your time to visit our corporate office, meet our team and experience the RS&H culture.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RS&H.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website. About a week later I got an email back for an interview. The interview was very casual and friendly. I was interviewed by two people, but I was comfortable throughout the interview.

Entry Level Airfield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RS&H (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a short interview with HR. The next day I had a phone interview with one of the project manager and then a few days later I had another with another project manager.

Everyone was so nice and easy to talk to. The interviews started out very broad with "get to know you" type questions. They explained the position and described the company very well and asked I had any questions. It was very clear that they appreciated my feedback. As the interview moved along the questions became much more in depth and were more experience and situational/behavioral based.

It was a pleasant experience overall. They did a really good job at breaking the ice so you don't feel so nervous before the hard-hitting questions come.

It was unfortunate that the position was not available until a few months so I had accepted another, more immediate, position elsewhere

Airfield Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RS&H (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a week later from an HR rep to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the office manager first, then meet with the individual who I would work directly under. The interview overall was very relaxed and was more of an open conversation. Basic questions for an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with using AutoCAD?   1 Answer