RS&H Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Transportation Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RS&H (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online after speaking to a representative at UT Austin's Spring Engineering Expo; and was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a screening interview. After the screening interview I was contacted by the HR department to schedule an onsite interview. At the onsite interview I went through 4 different sets of interviews, 2 of which were 1-1 and the other 2 were 2-1. The engineers were a mix of those in transportation and other fields that I would be interacting with on a daily basis in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen to be the leader on so many group projects?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever run into difficulties with one particular person when working in a group setting? How did you deal with this difficulty?   Answer Question
    • If you were not going to be an engineer, what would you be?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RS&H (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I initially met with a department manager, as well as the exiting employee who's postition I would be filling. Both were extremely freindly, down to earth, and informative. I then met with a lead architect who was also very friendly and informative and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RS&H (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I had a phone interview, an in person interview, and a Skype interview all within two weeks. My phone interview was with a company recruiter and lasted about 10-15 minutes. My in person interview was with three separate people from the office, back to back. It took about an hour and a half. My Skype interview had four employees on it and took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for standard questions about yourself and a lot of situational questions.   Answer Question

Senior Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RS&H (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Sign up online and then you get a phone call, then you talk with the manager. It is very casual and more about getting to know if you and if you fit the culture. They also let you ask plenty of questions.
    After the interview I got a phone called followed up by a written offer letter.

Senior Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RS&H (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Invited me out to get to know me. It was casual meet and greet at a restaurant. Asked what I liked to do and what certs I have.
    Loved it.

Interview Questions

• Experience and why I was looking. What I wanted to do? How I thought I would fit in with the group.   Answer Question

RS&H Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy to hear you had a great interview experience with our Raleigh managers. Welcome to the RS&H Team!

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RS&H (Merritt Island, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by senior management mostly engineers. I was moved from engineer to engineer and asked questions about my work experience. I was also asked if I had any federal government work experence.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to like to work on projects related to launch pads?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RS&H (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

15 minute review of job and my background with a recruiter. Reviewed that I met the job description's background and qualifications. After this interview the recruiter, s phone interview my resume would be given to the hiring manager for a possible phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills my previous employment can be related to this job   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RS&H in March 2016.

Interview

went swiftly, but was contacted by two HR people for the same role. the HR person did not exactly know much details about the postion, and just straight away linked to the hiring manager.
    there should be more information provided

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RS&H.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website. About a week later I got an email back for an interview. The interview was very casual and friendly. I was interviewed by two people, but I was comfortable throughout the interview.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly informal interview. Office manager ran through local office work load, job duties, ongoing and upcoming projects and other company details. Asked non-HR based questions that evaluated character and skills level on a more personal level.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on during school/ working experience.   Answer Question

RS&H Response

May 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are happy to hear your interview experience with RS&H was positive!

Director-Human Resource Programs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RS&H (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

First contact was by phone. I was suggested to them by a third-party as a potential candidate. I was not looking for another job at the time. I was asked about my experience and what I was responsible for as VPHR for my current company. The interviewer detailed the director position and what they were looking for in a candidate. I was told about the interview process and was given a general range of compensation along with a detail of other benefits. I met with the CFO who told me the position would report to him. I asked why he thought I would be a good candidate since RSH sought me out. I was told the company had never had a female executive in its (then) 62 year history. I offered my reservations about being the first, and asked to meet with the current HR staff as well as other directors. Those interviews were set up for me. After I met with everyone, I met again with the CFO and told him I didn't think I was the right for the position based on many of the attitudes and opinions presented to me by who would be my peers. I was again contacted by RSH and offered an employment contract that could turn into a regular employee position at the conclusion. I accepted, and then met with a psychologist who gave me a personality and management style test. We negotiated the salary and I signed the contract.

Bar none, working at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc., was the worst experience of my life. The culture is not female-friendly, not family-friendly (I don't have a family), and not minority-friendly (I am not a minority). Management styles are outdated, not progressive, not open to improvement. If you enjoy being micromanaged, this is the place for you. If you enjoy being screamed at, this is the place for you. On my first recruiting outing, I fought against the common name for RS&H - run, scream, and hide. The moniker fits.

Interview Questions

• I did much of the interviewing, because I was solicited to interview with the company, not the other way around.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an employment contract rather than hiring on as a regular employee. Be well prepared with numbers before you enter negotiation at RSH. If you don't show printouts of what you've found, you won't get what you want.