RTI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen 2 weeks after submitting my application (describe your interest in the position & RTI, qual/quant research experience, salary expectations, ideal start date). The next day she requested my availability to set up an interview, which consisted of meeting with 7 team members for 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions and my career goals/how this position fits into that. Everyone was very nice, though some seemed more excited to talk to me than others. Immediately after the interview I got an automated email to fill out supplemental information, including references. 2 weeks after my interview, the recruiter extended an offer via the phone, and gave me the weekend to accept/decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Early Career Database Developer Interview

Interview

After a brief call explaining my background, I got a 2.5 hour long interview over Zoom. There were 5 groups of people each with different amounts of time during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few behavior questions and a few technical questions regarding the position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

HR/Recruiters completely disregard the schedule they set with you. Do not expect them to honor their word. They will change plans and leave you hanging, regardless if interviews go well and the company is truly interested. I was greatly inconvenienced by their lack of process and thought this did not bode well internally.

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

I applied for the position and within a week I was contacted by the recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was held between the recruiter and myself, and it took about 30-40 minutes. After a week, I was contacted for a second interview held in person. Throughout the whole interview process, I mentioned that I appreciated working with one recruiter who remained in contact with updates, etc.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RTI International in September 2019.

Interview

A prolonged interview process for a seemingly straight forward role. Started with a phone screening with a hiring manager, then a video interview with a peer analyst and another hiring manager. Followed with a face to face interviewing with all 3 team members again and the director. Then an additional video interview with another hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received push back at a job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

Straightforward application online and on-site interview. Met boss in person and took a tour of campus in RTP. Worked at the main campus during grad school, which translated into full-time jobs for some colleagues who wanted to stay on the area.

Interview Questions

• Past job experience, career interests, technical skills   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an two rounds (in the same day) of in person interviews. One was with the hiring manager and their equals, the second was with peers/equal level FAs.

Throughout the process the hiring manager was relatively responsive and receptive to questions and follow up. During the interview, the direct hiring manager seemed a little bit distracted while their equals seemed very engaged and asked a lot of questions while providing good feedback/

Overall, it was an average experience. I was not extended an offer but the hiring manager did notify me of their decision, albeit a bit later than he verbally committed to.

Interview Questions

• Why RTI?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where a manager wasn't present and you needed to make a decision quickly.   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a situation where you had to implement a process change but you were met with push back?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

The interviewer first asked me to describe the projects I have done related to the position I applied. Then we moved on to an online coding test conducted through hacker rank.

Interview Questions

• Insert a node in the linked list in a specified position.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

I applied for the position and did not hear back from the company until a month later. I had a phone conversation with HR and am waiting to hear back about an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualitative and quantitative experience do you have?   Answer Question

Master's Level Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

First phone interview with HR in March. The interviewer told me they make decisions "very quickly" so when I didn't hear back I assumed I did not get the position.

Three weeks later I got a phone call asking for another interview. After which I was asked to complete a coding exercise that was supposed to only take one hour. I worked on the exercise for 2 weeks. It was very open ended and I wanted to display my research capabilities as well as my coding abilities. However, when I went to do my last round of interviews, it was obvious they barely looked at the exercise.

The final interview was done over Bluejeans because I live in a different state. They scheduled 7 consecutive 30-minute interview with no breaks.

At the end, I spoke with the HR representative who spoke about salary and benefits and again said that "they make decisions very quickly".

After waiting 3 weeks with no call or email, I sent the HR rep an email with again no reply for 3 days. Finally I reached out to one of the Economists. The following day I received an email from the HR representative who said I hadn't been selected for the position.

This leads me to believe that they were never going to contact me. After almost 3 months of interviewing and preparing a coding exercise, the least I expected was an email.

This was incredibly rude and inconsiderate.