RTI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RTI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

The interview consisted of three separate rounds. The first round was just a basic phone screening and the subsequent two were with the actual division that would do the hiring.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize multiple tasks?   1 Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a slow process but definitely worth the wait. I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview a few weeks after submitting my application, then brought in for a half-day interview and met with most of the people I'd be working with; then a few weeks later (maybe about six) I was called in again to meet with senior executives in my center. The next day I got a phone call with a job offer.

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at RTI International (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with RTI in October, and then I didn't hear from them at all for months. I then applied to several other positions on their website in January. Since I had already gone through the phone screen, the recruiter contacted me to ask if I could come down to their office to interview for 2 separate positions. I had 6 one-on-one interviews at RTI, with interviews from directors, managers, and analysts. Some interviews were conducted over Skype with representatives from their headquarters. The questions were all behavioral or experience based.

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had one interview with one data scientist, then I had an exercise to do and a week to do it, then I had a second interview with seven people

Interview Questions

• (I had worked in entity extraction previously and had just learned some machine learning)
      Q: How would you use machine learning in entity extraction?   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International in December 2016.

Interview

HR called me one day, said she saw my resume from college recruitment and asked basic information and the visa status. Couple days later, the team recruiter called me and talked about my experiences and skills. There were no difficult questions, the recruitment process was very relaxable.
    It seems like this position does not sponsor international students.

Innovation Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. Pretty standard, asking about my background, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I was then given 'homework' which was basically a case study of how I would go about solving a problem. One page answer, with a time limit on when to turn back in. After that I was asked to go to the office for a half day interview. It began with a panel interview then individual interview. One part was a classic consultant case study, so prepare how to answer that. The entire process took a few weeks and I actually never got a response after my in person interview, even though I emailed them twice. They're a good group of people, very smart, but I definitely got a little bit of holier than thou vibe.

Interview Questions

• Case study: They asked me to describe how I would go about solving a problem (a new technology that was being implemented in Africa). Make sure to study how to answer this question.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RTI International (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I originally interviewed with RTI over the summer. The interview process consisted of a phone screen, followed by an on site panel interview with about six people. In both interviews the questions were a mix of situational/behavioral and specific technical questions. They were all very polite and positive and gave the impression of being a very cohesive group - I was asked questions by my direct prospective peers as well as the manager of this entire work group. They also gave me a very positive impression of the culture, degree of formality between them (somewhat informal) and the workload. I found it really thorough and informative

Interview Questions

• How would you use jQuery or Javascript to check whether a checkbox had a status of 'clicked' in a web application?   1 Answer

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RTI International in November 2016.

Interview

I received a call to do an phone screening. Afterwards, I received a follow up phone interview with a hiring manager and then did a videoconference. The overall experience was good. I enjoyed learning about the project.

Interview Questions

• How well do you do with speaking to strangers? Do you have a car and driver's license to drive to neighborhoods in which you will conduct surveys in-person?   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

I applied online. In 2 days I got an email from hr and interview was scheduled. She asked some basic questions and she said her team would update in a week about next level in hiring process. But did not got any update and it's been 3 weeks sent couple of update emails but no answer.

Statistician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager and was asked to give her my references, transcript and sample SAS code. I had a phone screening with a statistician. She asked me a lot of behavioral/technical questions regarding SAS. In the end, I was confident that I would be invited to an in-person interview. However, two weeks later, I received a rejection email. When I asked for feedback, there was no response even though I was being encouraged to apply for RTI in the future.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about RTI International?
      - What's your favorite SAS procedure?
      - What would you do if you have an error in your log?   Answer Question