RailWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at RailWorks

A/R Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RailWorks (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

You do phone interview, 1st interview and then 2nd interview. It is a TOTAL waste of your time. 1st interview went very well. Said they had to interview one additional candidate. Contacted for 2nd interview. Go to that and meet with two men who ask all sort of questions unrelated to job and then tell you, they have nothing to do with the hiring process-they are rarely in the office, but just wanted to meet you. Ask when a decision will be made, they said "we don't know, but it sure won't be today". Wait, wait, and finally I after sending THREE emails, notified by email that the hiring manager does not want to make an offer to either candidate. I had to take time off of my current job just to jump through "hoops" when they could have just told me I was not going to be a good fit and not wasted their time nor mine. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

CAD Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RailWorks (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through third-party website and set up interview for one week later. Office was a little hard to find, but the hiring manager was very nice and easy to talk to, and we had a meaningful discussion.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company?   1 Answer

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RailWorks.

Interview

First there was a phone interview (in which we went over the resume). This was then followed by an in-person interview at their NY headquarters. The people throughout the interview process were very friendly.

AP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RailWorks (Deer Park, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Was good asked question about the company good thing I did my research and answered all the questions waiting for a response from rail works or an offer letter. looks like a good fit

Interview Questions

• why did a choose to interview for rail works   1 Answer

AP Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RailWorks (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially started in Farmingdale and met with 2 people on a Thursday, by Tuesday I had to go to the NYC office to meet with 3 others. By the time I got to the 2nd person, it was evident she didn't really like me and so I never advanced to the 3rd person. I wished she had told me why, was it something she felt didn't make it seem like a good fit or not? But there is no feedback.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RailWorks (Westfield, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I went for one interview. Was offered a higher position. I was asked numerous questions. Pain free and easy. The person I dealt with was very pleasant. Enjoyable experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiations. More like here's an offer. Take it or leave it

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RailWorks.

Interview

Went through a recruiter to apply. First interview was with the supervisor, second with the division president, then a third and fourth interview with HR. Had to do a very thorough background check and drug screen. I've had other co-workers actually go through about 5-6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• No real tricky questions here, very routine questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I went through a recruiter, I was not the negotiating person. Unfortunately my recruiter did not go to bat for me and try to get more perks or a better starting salary.

AP Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Their headquarters are in NYC so if you get past the first interview in Farmingdale - you will have to go back to Farmingdale for a second - then into the city for a third. Just make sure you have a good background and credit score in order to get this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't get to the negotiation phase - my credit score too low so they reneged the offer