Ramsey County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ramsey County Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.3

Social Worker IV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey County in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a month later had a pre-interview, three weeks after that had an interview. There was a panel of four people who asked 5 behavioral questions. Very quick and felt like they were just going through the motions.

Financial Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ramsey County (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed an application answering behavioral questions and received an e-mail invitation about three weeks later advising that I had been placed on the eligibility list. I was invited for an interview at the county a week later.

The first question asked me to explain my background and I went into further detail about my work experience preparing me for this role and the expected duties of the role. I finished explaining the skills that I've learned over the years in the finance industry because that is a large part of my work history, one of the two interviewers asked, "wait, do you know what this job is?" I replied, "yes, I am aware of the tasks." She then responded, "Okay, because your answer made it seem like you don't really know what this job is." I replied, "well, I am aware of the tasks that are part of the role based on the job description and the application that I completed for this position." She then responded, "You do know this has nothing to do with financing like banking, right? Because a lot of people who we interview from financial companies always think that this position has something to do with banking or mortgage." My final response was, "I know that this position is not related to banking or mortgage and to further clarify my answer - I am stating that based on my work experience and skills, I am a qualified candidate for this position. I am confident that I am a right fit for this position." I stuck the interview out through the end and asked when I could expect to hear back. The same interviewer advised that "she doesn't know." It's "up to the state" on who they hire, but to look for an e-mail.

Due the unprofessionalism, rudeness, bias, and quite frankly - discrimination against me and my qualifications for this role - it set the mood for the rest of the interview. I was aware from the very beginning that I would not be receiving an offer as the interviewer had already disqualified me and assumed that I had no clue what I was interviewing for.

I had not heard back for over a month and sent a follow up e-mail to their departments receptionist. I finally received an e-mail from the Human Resources department that they had extended offers back in early June already. The unusual and unprofessionalism of the county definitely deters me from applying for any future positions. I can understand why there are high turnovers and reviews of poor management.

In my recommendation, I would avoid Ramsey County as the discrimination and institutional racism is clearly an issue that will not be resolved anytime soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your education and work experience that makes you a qualified candidate   Answer Question

WIC Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ramsey County (South Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

They asked some questions on the phone to screen. I went to the interview at their downtown location. I met with 2 managers in a conference room. The interview was a half hour. They asked about my customer service experience and if I had experience with wic. They asked if I've ever had to deal with language barriers and how I've handled it. They really like to hear that you've had experience with language barriers and difficult clients.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What is 1 weakness?   1 Answer

Employment Guidance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ramsey County (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online roughly 3 or 4 months prior to being contacted for an interview. I was informed that there were several positions open in which I was applying for all being relatively similar. There were two formal interviews with interview panels of up to 5 individuals on each panel who each hold different positions within the department. They did not bring business cards so luckily I had brought paper and pen to write their names for my thank-you notes. The interview took about a half hour to complete and I was able to review questions prior to my being call into the interview room.

Interview Questions

• How does racial equity play a role in todays workforce?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ramsey County (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I was called by the office manager to schedule. I came into the office and interviewed with 2 people from management. I was called by the office manager to schedule. I came into the office and interviewed with 2 people from management.

Interview Questions

• Typical: Goals, experience, education   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ramsey County (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Very good, friendly, they are very professional. On top when asking questions , interview process was very smooth. They gave chance to ask questions. Interviewer were very knowledgeable down to earth.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations?   1 Answer

Assistant County Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ramsey County (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Online job posting and application through government jobs.com. Long wait before interview. First interview with a panel of attorneys and management, second interview with the county attorney

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specifically which question was the hardest. Be prepared to have your answers challenged.   Answer Question