Rawlings Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rawlings Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2018

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rawlings Group in October 2012.

Interview

Had an initial interview over the phone. Once that was complete, I was scheduled for the face to face interview. I was qualified to be interviewed for 2 different positions, and interviewed at the same time. The interviewers consisted of a panel of 6. 4 from HR and the 2 department managers. This is not the normal process. They were interviewing a lot of people and multitasking if possible.

Over all from initial contact to hire was about a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rawlings Group (Lagrange, KY).

Interview

I obtained an interview through the Co-Op program at the University of Louisville. I received a call and email and was asked to come to their location in LaGrange. Once I was in their visitor lobby I was led to a conference room after a fairly short wait. The interview was led by an Application Development Manager and a member of HR. The interview was fairly basic as it revolved around questions based upon your resume and any skills you have related to the work. More skilled candidates will likely land a position as a Software Developer while less experience candidates will likely land a QA analyst position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SQL?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rawlings Group (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule a phone screen. The screen was very in-depth and included questions you would typically answer in an in-person interview rather than in a phone screen. I was told I would hear back within a month but never heard anything further.

Lead QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rawlings Group (La Grange, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process seemed to be very standard. First, there was a phone interview which went very well. I felt comfortable and confident. It felt like talking to a colleague I have worked with for a long time rather than a nervous attempt to impress someone like many other interviews. This interview was followed by an in-person interview with HR, the QA Manager and 1 other. Again, it was very comfortable. I left feeling like I oculd actually contribute to the growth of this QA team.

Interview Questions

• You are a very straight-forward type of person, do people seem to be intimidated by you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It had a few bumps in the road due to unforeseen changes within the company but ended well with everyone happy.

Subrogation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rawlings Group in June 2016.

Interview

Brief, to the point. First shadowed a subrogation analyst for about 20 minutes and then another 20 minute interview with someone from HR. Was scheduled for drug test and background check

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you had to work with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rawlings Group (La Grange, KY) in January 2018.

Interview

Two part interview process one over the phone and the other a shadowing in person interview. As a minority they were very inviting and informative during the process and quick to get back with you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rawlings Group.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and a in person interview after the completion of phone interviews.

Phone interviews were mostly aimed at addressing the type of work that is expected for the position, type of experience that is relevant, company culture, expectations and compenstation package.

In person interview was professional, performed by an HR representative, and by one of the operations managers of the department I was to be applying for. It consisted of the general questions you will find in interviews. Most were aimed at me being able to coherently provide a response that was generally about how previous work and situations encountered in that work, would apply to an aforementioned scenario. I.E. Tell me about a time when you had to give someone bad news.... those types of questions.

I was provided with a tour of the building, and sat down to be given a short demonstration of the type of programs that are used in performance of the job. I was able to ask several relevant questions in regards to the software, as I am familiar with different propriatary software programs, and what features may be included in them.

Dress in a business formal manner. The Business is owned by Mr. Rawlings. It is his company, and things will be done the way he wants them to be done, As such, a professional appearance at all times is part of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For the Subrogation Analyst position, and very likely any of the analyst positions, there is no negotiation on this point. You are expected to actually earn what you want by doing the work to get it. I am unsure about positions that are not revenue generating,

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rawlings Group (Lagrange, KY).

Interview

Step 1. Telephone Interview
    Step 2. Face-to-face interview
    Step 3. Background & drug screen
    Step 4. Call with job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not necessary. Everything was very transparent.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rawlings Group in February 2012.

Interview

Basic interview with no real surprises. They hire in masses so if you can speak well, have a decent work history and say you work hard you'll get an offer. If you get a refered from an employer there then you pretty much have the job. They drug test you before giving you an offer but that typically means you have the job. Expect simple interview questions you can find online.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rawlings Group (Lagrange, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was quick, no waiting around to get called back, my second interview was scheduled before I left the building after my first interview. The first interview was with 3 or 4 managers and a representative from Human Resources taking turns asking questions.. The second was a test. Not a difficult test if you know ADO.Net.