Raytheon Applied Signal Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Anaheim Hills, CA).

Interview

Very few coding questions. Some pretty esoteric language-specific questions. A decent amount of behavioral questions and lots of talking about your past experience/projects. The coding questions are pretty easy for the level being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse the words in a string.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later to complete some forms online. A few days later, I was asked to set up a phone interview with a manager. Phone interview was fairly straightforward and went over some basic and intermediate concepts of a language I was most familiar with. Was asked to fly out for an onsite interview a few weeks later. The onsite involved two rounds of speaking with a group of their engineers and white-boarding problems. Each meeting was a little over an hour long. There was no set amount of problems, it was more so complete this problem and we'll move onto the next one. If you state you know a topic/concept on your resume, be sure to know it well enough to be asked problems about them. Overall, the interviewers and recruiters were very nice and friendly, and all seemed very smart and excited in the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Topics ranged from debugging to bit manipulation to DP to multi-threading programming. Can not go into the specifics.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology.

Interview

Simple interview more of a personality test. They asked basic questions on how you would handle certain situations. They are slow in making offers and setting up interviews so be patient.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online in September. Got called out of the blue for a phone interview but I managed to pass the first round. It was 30 minutes, no coding. There were standard behavioral questions, talked about my resume and some technical questions such as regarding Big O, linux commands, object-oriented programming. She was really nice and understood if I didn't remember some details.

On site interview was a few weeks later in Sunnyvale, CA. 3 interviews around 45 minutes each + 1 casual lunch conversation. 2 coding questions in total. Talked about resume, behavioral questions (when did you realize you wanted to be a software engineer, describe a time you worked in a group), and technical questions about my top coding languages, OOP, linux. It was very catered to my resume so they didn't really ask me things I wouldn't know. It was a good experience and the people were nice. I received an offer about a week later but I haven't decided yet.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a compression algorithm e.g. AABBCCC returns 2A2B3C.
      2. Given string, return true or false checking if the first letter is capitalized.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an engineer; it lasted around 30 minutes; very nice interviewer; The face to face interview was with 3 people; spent about 45 minutes with each person; mostly discussion and about 20 minutes of coding at whiteboard; everyone was very nice and professional; Great experience overall

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe cocepts of object oriented programming   Answer Question

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then spoke to a recruiter at a career fair who put me in contact with the hiring manager. A week later I had a technical phone interview with a different person. Two weeks later I received an email to fill out a background check. Another week later I got a call to set up an in person interview that will last 3-5 hours.

At the in person interview, they had me meet with the manager for about 15 minutes, then an hour long technical interview with a panel of 3 engineers. Next, they had me meet another panel of 3 engineers for another hour of technical questions. The manager then took me out to lunch and described how they used to have better pay and benefits before they were owned by Raytheon. Finally they had me sit down with the office admin to go over benefits.

Two days later, I received a call from a recruiter who said they are going to make me an offer. They asked what salary I was looking for, I answered, and they said they probably wouldn't be able to do that but they would try. 30 minutes later, they called back to let me know they can't actually make me an offer because the market is soft at the moment. Very unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

One phone interview and that is all. He called and talked about resume and asked questions. Talked mostly about data structures and what I learned. He asked questions based on my responses. Response was heard back several weeks later.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germany, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Germany, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

unprofessional at best. Four people conducted the interview and they all somehow forgot to even look over my resume' and then made jokes about it. The work area was not clean and looks as though it had never been cleaned. I had to take a stack of books off of a chair to sit down.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Sr. HR Specialist. Waiting for TA Recruiter contacts me.
    The HR Representative was asking a lot of questions. She resumes my answers as "It makes sense" or "I like it". She recommended me to contact her if the Internal Recruiter doesn't call me in a week.

Interview Questions

• 1. How often did you act on the behalf of your Boss?
      2. What is your level of using Microsoft Office?
      3. Can you create a Macros?
      1 Answer
    • 2. Intermediate   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology.

Interview

I recieved a phone screen in November followed by a phone interview with a senior developer in December. The interview went well so they flew me out in January. They covered for your hotel, car, and flight. The onsite interview took place the next day. There were five interviewers, each person interviewed me for about 45 minutes each back to back. You may ask for a break in between each interview if you wish. The interviews were finished in a day time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about database, linux and C++ basic knowledge: What is inheritance? Can an abstract class be instantiated? What's the difference between a class and an object? What is a pointer? Difference between pass by reference and pass by value? Whiteboard coding and you are asked to identify what's wrong with a piece of code given to you.   Answer Question