Reading Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reading Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.6

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reading Partners in January 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone screening which was fairly easy with the Director and took about 20 minutes, then a very long in person interview that took over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Role playing #1 how I would handle a confused potential volunteer, and #2 how I would handle a situation with an overworked Site Director.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator (AmeriCorps) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reading Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview focused far too much on a candidate's weaknesses instead of strengths. In addition, I felt many of the questions were very repetitive. Therefore, I felt the process did not represent me in a well-rounded way.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe an instance when you struggled in the workplace and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Partners (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with two supervisors, both very nice. One person asked questions and the other one typed my answers on a computer. Followed up by telling me more about the position and Americorps. I also got to ask a bunch of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is hard about working with people who are different from you?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member/Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reading Partners (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I am not a recent college grad, and feel I was discriminated against. I initially applied for a recruiter position. I applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter. The interview went well until one of the interviewers asked a question that was related to my age. They contacted me to consider a site coordinator position and had to interview a second time. Apparently they felt that the recruiter position wouldn't fit with my lifestyle -- which they know nothing about. They were clearly making a lot of non-job-related assumptions. It's clear to me that they weren't interested in my skills or experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the following scenario - They asked how I would handle a situation where there were three people who needed my attention simultaneously.   1 Answer

Literacy Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reading Partners (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

There was a 20 minute telephone interview. They asked basic questions about yourself, your past experiences teachings, and what your goals are. During the phone interview I was told that I would be placed in a school near my home. I was offered a position about 3 weeks later.

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reading Partners.

Interview

One video taped screening interview, followed by two in person interviews. The video interview was fairly straightforward, the in person interviews were a combination of behavioral questions and questions to gauge motivation. The process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a project through to the end.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reading Partners (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in person interview. This was the Washington D.C branch. I had volunteered with the organisation for 6 months prior to applying for a formal position. Both interviews were pretty easy and I was obviously extremely qualified. After the second interview I was pretty much guaranteed the job. It was just a matter of sending references and waiting. 1 week passes..nothing..2 weeks go by and 1 update request late still nothing. Never in my life have I just straight gotten no response after an in person interview. Always, always, always I will at least get a letter stating that they went with someone else. It was just a total shock and slap in the face unprofessional in every sense of the word.
    And its no wonder. I'm so sick of walking into these non profits that claim to serve communities filled with people that look like in me that are in my tax bracket-but have well to do yuppie white leadership. They'll claim up and down that its because we aren't applying or were are not qualified but the truth is that they wont hire us. They're more interested in dolling out charity to assuage their guilty privileged conscience then actually empowering a community.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a diverse community   Answer Question

Site Coordinator At Reading Partners Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reading Partners (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an online application and essay required. There were 3 separate phone interviews for the position with regional/national team members. The questions were very straight forward and required a connection the mission/model of the organization.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle behavior challenges? Student that are difficult for tutors to work with   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reading Partners.

Interview

There was a two step process to the interview. The first was a Skype interview with a Program Manager. I was invited to the second phase of the interview which consisted on a timed written assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Partners (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with four staff at the Reading Partners office. One read questions from a laptop computer and wrote down my responses while the others offered follow up questions. The interview questions were pretty simple- asking me about past volunteer and leadership experience. It was overall not a difficult process, however I left the interview uncertain if I'd want to work with Reading Partners. My interviewers were withdrawn and rather unengaged in my responses throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past leadership experience, and what you learned from it?   Answer Question