Redwood Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Redwood Logistics

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

We sat with various team members to get an idea of the job duties and culture of the office. The office is very lively with music playing to keep the energy levels up. Everyone in the office is fun and young.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a diffusion customer?   1 Answer

Redwood Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. After a very laid back phone interview in which they just wanted to know a bit more about me, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. The interview in Chicago was about an hour and a half and consisted of interviewing with a few very personable managers and then shadowing the sales floor for a bit. I then spoke with the VP of Carrier Operations for a few minutes and that was it. Everything was very conversational. They very much want you to ask questions so that they know you're interested and invested in yourself and your future. My recruiter contacted me a day later and offered me the position. They answered any and all of my questions and I was allowed two weeks to respond. Redwood offers comprehensive health benefits, 401k matching, and gym discounts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated for relocation pay. They don't normally offer relocation, but were very open because I'm moving from out of state.

Carrier Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty smooth going, simple and nothing you have not been asked before. You can be asked about your strengths and weaknesses, as well as, your previous experiences. They also are interested in your knowledge of the logistics industry prior to this position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics.

Interview

You interview with 4-5 sales managers. as long as you dont say you spend your free time collecting toe nail clippings they'll hire you. they hire 5-6 people every few months and fire all but one of them usually, sometimes all of them. they filter through employees all the time, so if you have an interview don't worry...you'll definitely get a job offer. they often hire under-qualified people w/ zero experience but they never last long.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds: a standard interview with a sales manager, a job shadow and an interview with their sales director. Questions were both traditional (eg "Why Redwood?" Why sales?") and behavioral (eg "Describe a time you overcame a challenge").

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was extremely impressed with this interview process. I applied and was contacted by one of their recruiters. It began with a phone interview where the recruiter got to know me where we shared common interests and some of my previous work. She asked me why I chose my major and why I thought that it would help me in the sales world. Then we set up an interview that was best fit for the both of us. Next, the interview required me going into the office where I first met with a POD manager, basically in charge of a desired team in the work place. After talking to the POD manager, I was paired with two carrier sales reps. on the floor to show me the software and an example of your average phone call with someone. After shadowing some reps, I was fortunate enough to interview with the VP of carrier operations. This interview was great because after talking a little bit on my experience and schooling, I felt as if he actually wanted to get to know me and wanted to see the better side of me, where I strived in that area. At no time in the interview was a nervous or doubted myself, which was rare in previous interviews at other places. I had interviewed at other logistics firms, and I felt as if they were trying to trick me so I could slip up on something on my resume or information that I had disclosed to them, but not at Redwood.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

This is a pretty straight forward 1 on 1 interview with a few of the employees you will be working under, depending on the position being interviewed for. Interviewee will also be walked through the offices to get an idea of the atmosphere of the company along with the way the branches work.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in this industry before?   1 Answer

Vice President Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Word of caution; learn from my experience--- After signing the written offer, I was presented with a lengthy employment agreement days before my start date; the agreement contained additional terms never discussed. After I proposed edits to the agreement, the company abruptly withdrew their offer via email. I would warn others to learn from my experience; I relied on the signed offer letter; I turned down an offer from a competing company and canceled interviews with other companies. I also fully relocated across the country so that I could meet the required start date. I lost a significant amount of money by relying on the offer letter and now I am jobless in Chicago. I hope this review helps future candidates.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions regarding my background experience and situational based questions.   Answer Question

Redwood Logistics Response

Nov 27, 2018 – Director, HR

Thank you for your review on the interview process and your interest in a career with Redwood. While we did not have a signed offer letter on file for this role, signature on an employment agreement... More

Tracking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

it was a very easy going experience. didn't have to say much to be honest. it was more of experiencing what they do day-to-day and seeing if i was interested. Very different style but very laid back.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Redwood Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Talk to two hiring managers
    Discuss background and office culture
    Why you are a fit for the position / position responsibilities
    Only one in person interview
    Overall fast interview process