Reed Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reed Smith Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.5

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Smith.

Interview

Met with regional and firm-wide paralegal coordinator via video conference and later on met with partner and associate. My impression was that the coordinators have final say in who gets hired and the attorneys have to go without unless they voice some sort of concern. Was offered job a few days after interview and i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected. No gotcha! kind of questions.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Smith (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a telephone interview three weeks later. The interview consisted of questions regarding skills and prior experience as well as salary requirements. Two weeks later I got a call to set up an in person interview. I was told that they would be scheduling an interview for me and will be sending me an email with respect to the date and time. I checked my emails regularly but did not see anything. Two weeks later I get a call from HR asking why I didn't show up to the scheduled interview on that date at 10:00 am. I told her because I never received the email. She put me on hold and apologized as someone was supposed to send me an email but did not. I would think if I got an email I would need to confirm if I was free on that date and time as well but I kept silent about that one. She told me that she will reschedule and send me the details. Later that afternoon I got an email from her thanking me for my time but at this point and time they can not offer me an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills experience and salary requirements   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic 20 minute phone interview. Then got called back for a 2 on 1 interview with who would be running the internship. Standard interview questions that were not too challenging to think on your feet to answer.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reed Smith.

Interview

Went through On Campus Interview process and had a good experience with the two attorneys present. Then, I received a call-back and met with several more attorneys at their NYC office.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Smith (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed in person with one attorney who supervised the team. Later, I interviewed with a different attorney who supervised the team as well as a partner. The partner seemed pretty blasé about the whole thing. I think what they cared about most was finding someone who would stick around.

Human Resources/Legal Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Smith (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred to this position from a current partner of the firm and the process was very quick. I received a phone call the next morning after applying and it seemed to be a casual conversation about my qualifications, but I imagine it was their way of "screening" me. I interviewed in person about a week later in their NY office. I met with two members of the HR staff. Both were very warm and welcoming. They could tell I was nervous and a bit intimidated and they really helped me to relax. The interview was not difficult, they didn't ask many situational or typical interview questions- they seemed to focus on how my resume and experiences would line up with the job duties- which made the interview feel more like a comfortable conversation rather than a difficult interview. I certainly walked away from this experience with a highly positive impression of the firm.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

This was a two step process. At first I had an interview with HR to go over job requirements and review past experiences and employment. Then another interview was scheduled. The second one was split into two. First I met with the supervisor who would oversee me at the workplace. Since this company is global, the second half of the interview consisted of me videochatting a supervisor from another country. This person was the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• How do you think this internship will benefit your career and why are you applying for it?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Smith (Falls Church, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was painless. I had a phone interview first with a recruiter and she then scheduled me in for an in person interview onsite. The interview lasted about an hour.

Records Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview which only lasted 30 minutes, the questions were very basic and simple. Then i had an interview in person i which they just asked about my previous experience, very simple questions as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reed Smith (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

First contacted by the head paralegal of the group and had initial interview with her. A few days later had another interview with the attorneys.

Interview Questions

• What credentials do you have that qualifies you for this job?   2 Answers