Renaissance Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Renaissance Capital Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The online test and the Super day were fairly easy. Then was the interview with the MD thru Skype, questions were mostly on my academics and work experience. Everything went well, until MD learnt that I was on a maternity leave (and obviously had a kid), then questions turned into more personal space (what is my attitude to long work hours in IB? work-life balance expectations, time-management, etc.). They had shortlisted two candidates for the position, the other was a single male, at the end he got the job.

GR/PR Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (Kiev (Ukraine)).

Interview

Personal interview in three stages: first with HR manager, then National CEO, finally - a lunch company President and then principle stock-holder, discussing tentative issues for company operations on the local market in view of its government policies and business environment

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and tentative ways to hype company success in Ukraine   1 Answer

Business Analyst/Trader Assistant Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

They emailed me and then got the appointment. Later I went there and they interviewed me with 2 teams. They answered me about my background and professional experience. They also asked me why I wanted to work in Moscow. Some technical questions were asked but nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• You have 1 flower and 1 pond. Every day, the flower is multiplied by 2 and in 30 days the pond is full. Take now 8 flowers in the pond. How many days you need to fill in the pond?   2 Answers

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch. Phone interview. Offer came through a few days later.

Equity Research Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 round - HR fit interview, commercial awareness (recent read articles etc)
    2nd round - Associate level: some CV, some tech. E.g. what are the drivers of uranium price
    Final round - 3 interviews. 2 Fit, one tech - how to calculate FCF of a bank, NPLs, price of oil, gold. What drives gold prices.

Personal Assistant Interview

Interview

Very quick, 5 interviews, job offer straight away
    Very impressed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just made me an offer which i accepted

, Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Participated in the RenCap academy selection but was rejected.
    2. Received an invitation for an internship interview with the hiring manager a few months after.
    3. Talked to 2-3 members of the team on site.
    4. Received an offer a couple of days after.

Interview Questions

• Q: Take a few investment stories and write a brief summary.   Answer Question

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied via email after finding a vacancy on Renaissance Capital web site. The interview was conducted over a phone, initially by HR, with very few difficult questions then I had a phone interview with my perspective boss. The interview was brief but intensive and I knew I had the job at the end of it. After that I had a series of interview with top management and othe analysts from equity research department but there was no grilling. HR was very helpful and sorted most of admin and logistical issues.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for RenCap? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What can you offer in terms of teamwork?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital in December 2010.

Interview

Sent email to MD expressing interest. Received request for resume, transcript and writing sample. After material was sent, received phone call a few days later. Qucik chat with senior analyst. Went well. Asked to come in for in-person interview. Senior analyst came first then MD. MD lasted about an hour-ish. More fit questions rather than technicals. Not too tough. Received offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renaissance Capital (Moscow (Russia)) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online in April, got a call one month later about the time I'd be available during summer holidays, received an email another month later with an invitation to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flawless