Renaissance Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Interview with up to 4 different HR/Managers. Be prepared to do a short presentation and do your homework about the company before. Friendly faces all around made it easy to talk and ask questions.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied at U of M job fair. I was contacted a month later for an on-site interview. Interview consisted of a hard skills testing session with 3 engineers. We discussed how to implement an AI to play battleship. Wrote a lot of pseudo code, was mostly centered on problem solving skills.
    Second interview was with the competency manager. Mostly talked about personal attitude towards coding and work in general. The goal seemed to be to see if I would be a fit for the sort of office culture they were trying to cultivate.

Interview Questions

• How to design an AI to play battle ship.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to their office Minneapolis office to interview for a position elsewhere in the country. I had two on site interviews, one with a manager and another with a team of engineers. They were kind and welcoming throughout the process. They asked that I dress in business casual for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a program that can win a game of battleship in the fewest moves.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Interviews are done in a very standard manner, with resume submitted, references called, first interview with hiring manager and second interview with additional employers. The process was fair and kosher, and focused on the needs of the department, the mission and goals of the company and the specific requirements of the individuals I would be working with.

Negotiation

I was called on the phone and went in the next day to sign an acceptance letter.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process went quickly. Less than two weeks from phone screen to offer. Phone screen with HR, then phone interview with the hiring manager. Followed by phone interviews with three marketing team members, then video interviews with other team members who interact frequently with the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict?
      How do you juggle multiple / shifting priorities?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Remote, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple, talk with HR, talk with 'manager' of Engineering, talk with Senior level engineer. This was all done remotely, and fast tracked as there were other pending offers. This company seems desperate to hire folks, so make sure to hit them hard for a higher salary.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Wisconsin Rapids, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview in person with management and peers. Come prepared with extra copies of your resume. Be well-dressed. Listen well to the questions and provide considerable responses. Ask relevant questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your work background.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning.

Interview

Responded to resume sent in 7 weeks ago. Had forgotten all about them. Did initial phone screen right away. gave information on compensation basics and what the job entails and advancemenr

Interview Questions

• If you encounter a gatekeeper on a sales call, what do you say to get through to the decision maker.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning in November 2016.

Interview

One-on-one video interview. Immediately upon connecting, the interviewer told me he was going to have to log off and we would have to postpone our interview an hour. We did that, and when we reconnected, our video kept cutting out, so he told me to stay connected, but he would call me and we would speak that way. So the interview was conducted with my phone in one hand, while sitting in front of my computer screen looking at video that occasionally worked but usually didn't. The interviewer asked a series of probability, statistics, brain teaser, programming, and computer science questions. None were too difficult, although there was a language barrier between the myself and the interviewer, who was not a native English speaker. Since I couldn't see him as he spoke, I often had to ask him to repeat what he said, or ask for clarification on a question that wasn't clear. All things considered, the conditions of this interview seemed like some strange personality/culture test, or a lot of unlikely bad luck. Considering the nature of the interview, the interviewer must have known that I knew that the probability of so many unfortunate things occurring at the same time for the same interview was extraordinarily low, and he didn't mention it. If it wasn't planned this way, he should have used our unfortunate circumstances as a final probability question to test my aptitude. "What is the probability that all the difficulties we are having with this interview are due to bad luck, and are not part of some strange test concocted by my team?"

At the end of the interview he answered some of my questions, gave me no information about the next steps or what I should do next, and abruptly hung up.

After not hearing anything for a couple weeks I had to contact the company to learn that they were moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Questions about coin tosses, SQL, binary, determining accuracy of experimental measurements.   Answer Question

Renaissance Learning Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. With your help we will better refine our process to avoid some of the issues you encountered during and after your interview.

Regarding the length of time it took to... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renaissance Learning (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I worked with recruiter to set up initial phone screening and then additional phone interviews with various team members. The phone calls and in-person interviews were very formal or scripted, which was great.