KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Renaissance Learning CEO Chris Bauleke
Chris Bauleke

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Renaissance Learning and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great History, Great Mission, Great Poeple

Mar 4, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never met an unpleasant person working at Renaissance. Honestly, everyone I've met truly cares about the work we do and why we do it. Who doesn't want to go to work every day knowing your company is doing good for the children of the world?

Cons

The onboarding needs work, not just to help new employees feel at home sooner, but to allow for more movement across the organization, which generates personal growth and idea sharing.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company with faith in K12 industry

May 16, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

good work-life balance 401k great work condition

Cons

too much technique debt for old service

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Much better ed tech companies out there

May 10, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with, able to work from home

Cons

Claim that they have a "fully integrated ecosystem". Completely inaccurate and as they keep buying more companies and products, nothing works together seamlessly like they claim. Be prepared to use 10 different systems to do your job. Archaic and outdated internal systems and processes, CRM is horrific, and feel like you go back in time 20 years. Quotas are completely unattainable so you will not make money here in commission, beware of the OTE they promise you. Ask how many reps made quota in 2021 and who's on track to make it in 2022. Focus is on new business and most of the products have a free version which is very difficult to sell. Beware they keep acquiring companiesand the newcomers are NOT collaborating with Renaissance at all and acting as if they are still a separate company, don't expect to get leverage from the newest acquisitions. Salesforce is a mix of experience, most that have been there are used to being order takers and not having to actually "sell" their products. Times have changed and market is too competitive now. Salaries are below average, you can make more basically anywhere else. There is no transparency and poor communcations between departments. Everyone is siloed, worst I have ever seen.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company that cares

Jun 9, 2022 - Product Owner in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusivity and work-flexibility. They make genuine efforts to make sure employees are mentally well an all are included and belong. They have a strong and inspiring mission.

Cons

Feels like they drag their heals to back-fill positions, leaving others to pick up the slack indefinitely. They don't provide enough runway for planning for future quarters, often being a few weeks ahead of it's beginning before anyone knows what's coming next.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company on its way to being a FANTASTIC company.

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

New leadership and new thought - finally some adults are in the building and the spoiled kids/babies are crying because they are being asked to actually think or work.. go figure.

Cons

A small but vocal group of "stinking thinking" people who would rather spend 85 percent of their day complaining that things are changing. My advice to them is to go out and find somewhere else to work or refocus your time on taking advantage of the opportunities that are being created.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Renaissance Learning, slowly dwindling

Apr 7, 2022 - Inside Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits have been amazing. PTO, Sick time, Holiday, and Maternity/paternity are all well above average. The Renaissance software itself is pretty competitive in the market and we're definitely one of the top k-12 software providers for assessment and practice programs.

Cons

New sales leadership is headed in the wrong direction and you can feel it across the organization. They promise to take care of the people, but then refuse to compensate accordingly. The comp plans go up 33% and out OTE stays the same, which boils down to us making 33% less off what we're actually bringing in. There has been a lot of people leaving for competitors and I think it will continue until something changes. I've talked with people throughout the sales organization and there is a growing frustration that Renaissance has past its peak with how we are treated and paid.

4 people found this review helpful

Renaissance Learning Response

Thanks for your feedback – we are proud to offer an excellent total rewards package for our employees. As Renaissance has evolved to meet the changing needs of educators and students, changes have been made to our compensation plan to incentivize creative and ambitious team members to maximize their potential by reaching new populations and partnering with educators to develop holistic learning solutions. Our team is committed to working toward our mission and continued growth.

7. 5.0

Very Focused and Organized Company

Jun 9, 2022 - Field Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a solid strategic growth plan

Cons

Sales objectives are a bit over-optimistic

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

A decent place to work.

Jun 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

K-12 software with ability to work from home.

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow internally.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Are you interested in working HARDER for less money every year? Then Renaissance is the place for you!

May 10, 2022 - Account Executive in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic PTO and great benefits. Lots of company holidays. Depending on your manager, you can maintain a strong work life balance. Neat Employee Resource Groups to get involved in!

Cons

Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re going to see a large amount of sales reviews from late 2021 and early 2022. This is not a coincidence. The new CRO has fostered a truly negative sales culture and it is all coming to fruition. I’m shocked to see a company with such an amazing mission totally disregard it all for the bottom line. For example: they had clear qualification criteria for a mid year incentive trip…and changed it on the day they announced the qualifying salespeople so fewer people would get to go. Incredibly manipulative! Just as other reviews have stated, the quotas are becoming so ridiculously high, and the percentage one makes off of each sale gets decreased year over year. So yes, you will be selling more and making less. There is NO transparency around compensation and commission, and base pay is still well below market rates. When asked to discuss compensation, you will not even get an email response, much less an actual conversation. The company keeps purchasing more and more products at a completely unsustainable rate. We are told to sell the products without any knowledge of how the product integrates or what supporting it will even look like. Imagine how this looks to customers! Unfortunately, Renaissance’s greed has caused it to be a place to work where salespeople feel taken advantage of. People are leaving in DROVES. I truly would not recommend working here until there is new leadership.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Mission-Driven; Listens to Feedback

Apr 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Feels almost "nonprofit-like" in how the mission to accelerate learning for all truly guides activities -Senior leadership is imperfect, but approachable and generally open to feedback, see recent increases to salary for most of the Sales team -Genuinely kind coworkers

Cons

-Onboarding is clunky and needs to improve in a predominantly remote environment -Some middle-level leadership is weaker than others and needs developing or replacement -Communication needs improvement

Renaissance Learning Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are immensely proud that our employees truly live our mission to accelerate learning for all. Your callout around onboarding is important to us as this is key to setting people up for success and retaining employees. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate teams.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 300 Reviews

Renaissance Learning Reviews FAQs

Renaissance Learning has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 311 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Renaissance Learning to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Renaissance Learning employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Renaissance Learning. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

67% of Renaissance Learning employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Renaissance Learning 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Renaissance Learning to be work life balance, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Renaissance Learning Job Seekers