Renaissance Windows & Doors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Renaissance Windows & Doors

Trade Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renaissance Windows & Doors (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Owner and GM, Multiple promises that will fall through but overall a breeze, the owner is very "out there" he seems nice but you can tell right off there is something about him that wont rub you right. If you are looking for a good paying job and you can deal with management issues I would recommend.

Interview Questions

Renaissance Windows & Doors Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Owner

Thank you so much for joining us on Glassdoor and for your review. We appreciate hearing from our employees both past and present, your input is definitely necessary as a growth mechanism for us. We strive everyday to improve constantly, so we recognize that hearing from our customers and employees is the best way to do that.
    Our interview process can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks, this helps us to ensure that we put the right people in the right positions and is definitely a contributing factor to our low turnaround rate.
    We regret that you have the perception that promises are made that fall through, in reality running a business is extremely dynamic and as circumstances shift we have to shift as well. As always both our Houston and Austin locations maintain an open door policy and we welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns.

Replacement Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renaissance Windows & Doors (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took a little longer than I had anticipated when I applied but in the end it was worth it. The company really has a very detailed process to ensure that the employees are trustworthy and respectable members of the community. As a replacement sales consultant we actually go to a customers home to provide them with a window/door replacement consultation. The company really goes the extra mile to ensure that they hire the right people for the job.

Interview Questions

• It is hard to recall just one question, I think most importantly I was presented with a variety of different scenarios and asked how I would react, and how I felt about each.   Answer Question

Oct 6, 2017 – Owner

Thank you so much for joining us on Glassdoor and for telling the world what your experience has been working at Renaissance Windows & Doors. Hiring the right people for the right positions is of the utmost importance for us and we are so glad that you are a part of our team!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renaissance Windows & Doors (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I responded to an add placed online in Houston for a Marketing Coordinator. After sending over my resume and references the owner contacted me and went over the position in full detail over the phone to ensure that we both had a clear understanding of what the position entailed. He wanted to ensure that we didn't waste each others time which I really appreciated as someone going through the interview process. A couple of days later I met with both owners and the General Manager and discussed the position at length. I think what impressed me the most is that unlike other interviewers they were actually interested in what I felt about the position and the duties it entailed.

Interview Questions

• The most important question I was asked, in my opinion is where do I see myself in my career 1 year, 2 years and 5 years from now.   1 Answer

Oct 6, 2017 – Owner

Wow! Very nice to see that we have made a lasting impression on you dating as far back as your interview. We have found that there are a great deal of employers who don't ask the right questions at the right times, often times leaving employer and employee disenchanted with one another. So we like to get everything out in the open on both sides from the start so that there are no surprises later on.

Replacement Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renaissance Windows & Doors (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

It has been a while but it was a chance encounter at a Home Show that introduced me to Renaissance & vice versa. Wayne was still the General Manager back then and he had quite the reputation in the Window & Door industry in Houston having been backed by some of the really big names. After chatting a while I came in the showroom and met with Wayne, Patricia & Craig. We all talked like old friends, I was sent for some testing and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• Oh my, it was quite some time ago and namely we discussed my product knowledge, my willingness to train and the rate in which I catch on and learn new things.   1 Answer

Oct 6, 2017 – Owner

You never quite know what little golden nuggets you can pick up at a home show, we are so glad that a chance encounter led to you joining our team. There wouldn't be a Renaissance without our sales and install teams and we are so lucky to have you on board.

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renaissance Windows & Doors (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

It's been 5 years but I still remember responding the Helper Ad on the internet. I called in to the office and had a preliminary type interview on the phone and then Wayne told me to come in the next day to meet with him. When I got to the office everyone was really nice and friendly. Wayne was a really down to earth guy and Patricia was really nice and welcomed me. After the interview I went for a Drug Test, Physical and Background check. After I passed all of that I was able to start right away.

Interview Questions

• Its been 5 years but what I really remember was them asking me if I wanted to advance in my career, if I would be willing to take the necessary steps to get certified and all of that.   1 Answer

Oct 6, 2017 – Owner

5 years? My how the time passes! We can not tell you enough what a privilege it is to work with you and experience your personal and professional growth. We honestly believe that you have further to go still and we are dedicated to helping you get there!