Resodyn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Resodyn Interview Questions

4.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resodyn.

Interview

Company required presentations. Company required interviewer to pay for his own plane ticket , car rental and hotel and then be reimbursed. Seemed to be a sneaky way to get someone to do its work for it. The process was time-consuming and not very beneficial to all parties. A very poor process that should have indicated what the company was all about

Assembly Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butte, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resodyn (Butte, MT) in July 2014.

Interview

Very polite, open to questions, straight forward and to the point. Enjoyed it immensely. Attitude towards my eagerness and abilities were great. Offered hands on training and the ability to learn and develop new and useful skills. Introduced me to staff and showed my around company giving detailed descriptions of what company did and how things worked. Never beat around the bush on any questions I had. Very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• If I believed that I had a good work ethic and if I was dependable   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butte, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Resodyn (Butte, MT) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very challenging but also very unique involving challenge questions testing my ability in certain situations and presentations focused on needed areas of expertise. It was actually really helpful to get to "work" with people in the company and find out what it is about in advance of working there. I actually found it very rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a technical presentation on something that you know very well.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable. Solid starting offer so not a lot of need for back and forth.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Resodyn (Butte, MT).

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with the owner of the company. Then the owner put me in touch with one of his senior engineers to work on a hypothetical design project. They gave me a week to design a fairly complex system with some rather extreme operating conditions. After I gave them my concept, they asked me to create a presentation for the design and another presentation on a technical topic that I was very familiar with. They flew me out to their headquarters in Butte, Mt to give the presentations and defend my design. It was a fairly grueling day with tough questions, particularly from the owner who seemed to be testing me on how I handled pressure and critic of my design. It was one of the toughest interview processes that I have ever done (and I have done a lot of them), but it was also one of my favorites because it gave me a good sense of the company and what type of work I would be doing. I wish more companies would do interviews like this because it really gives you a chance to showcase your talents.

Interview Questions

• The toughest questions were when they disagreed with or challenged some of my design assumptions during my presentation.   Answer Question

It was the location. Butte has a lot of cool history but its not for everyone.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Resodyn.

Interview

First it started with a phone interview. That went well, where I learned more about the company how they work and such. It sounded very interesting, except for one thing. It sounded like there was some cool working going on, plus the added bonus of living in MT. For many that would be bad, but for me, I love the outdoors and then I was very interested in this aspect. The one thing is that I remember was that most of the people were working 60+ hours a week.

The next thing I was requested to do was to put together two presentations. One was how solve a current problem they were facing. The second was to show something technical from my background to demonstrate technical expertise. If they liked what I did on the first one, then I could be granted an in-person interview where I would give the two presentations.

I started spending a lot of time on the first presentation, but then finally reached a point where I felt like I was going to be giving them ideals with nothing in return. I reached a point where it was stupid. If they were asking me to do all that, I could only image what it would be like as a full time employee. I would then never get weekends to enjoy life and felt like I would almost become a serf. I guess if my goal in life was to wake up go to work, work, go to bed, & repeat seven days a week, this would have been a good place to have gone.

RAM Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resodyn (Butte, MT) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process required me to give a presentation about my past sales experience and how I intended to sell Resodyn's product. Meetings were with the owner of the company, management, and engineers. Overall, the experience was a good one, and the facilities are amazing. There is certainly room for growth at this company, if they can build lasting value.

The company is run by the owner and founder. He is friendly, and an amazing person. The building is amazing, with plenty of space to grow. In fact, the building and space for employees is better than anywhere else I have ever interviewed or worked. However, from what I gather, there is no leadership being developed, and this is not healthy for the ongoing success of the organization. The owner is known for micromanagement. If proper leadership were developed, the company could grow tremendously. However, I did not see that as likely to happen. I did not receive an offer, but I probably would have declined it even if I had, due to the problems I saw with the organization as a whole. They need to bring someone in to transform the organization if it is to last.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Resodyn (Butte, MT) in September 2012.

Interview

Traditional resume submission, followed by substantive phone interviews with CEO and Managing Director. After a short review period, a suite of higher level skills and performance exercises was offered and accepted. Detailed documentation of requirements and expectations described a series of content-rich presentations, as well as a technical white paper.

The company invented, develops, and markets a unique (only one in the world) technology that is both unusual and counter-intuitive, but highly effective. The exercises included separate presentations of: mastery of another technology from past experience; an attempt at mastery of Resodyn technology; detailed new market applications for the technology; and strategic business development and marketing practices and strategies. In addition, a white paper was required, explaining the company's technology from a technical point of view. Exhibiting an understanding and beginning mastery of the technology was required, regardless of a non-technical background. The required development included mechanical and theoretical research, graphic presentation development, and technical writing.

After high-level draft reviews by the CEO via electronic communications, the presentations were given at company headquarters in Butte, MT, to varying groups of employees from top managers to sales to engineers and manufacturing personnel. The company paid the expenses for the interview trip.

While challenging and difficult, no other interview process had ever come close to adequately preparing me for the culture, nature, and content of any role. After accepting the position within the following month, new and difficult challenges soon surfaced, as with any new position. This interview process both prepared and informed my subsequent behavior, response, and effort.

Interview Questions

• Is a non-technical background a handicap?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief and straightforward. An amicable agreement was reached.