Restoration Robotics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Restoration Robotics

Senior Manager, Global Marketing Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Robotics (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone Screening with recruiter, Phone Interview with Hiring Mgr, In-person interviews with Hiring Mgr., as well as with Marketing Team and HR Rep.

Screening interview was good, lots of specific questions about event and industry experience. Phone interview with hiring mgr. went well. Was then invited in to meeting in-person with the Marketing team and the hiring manager. All of these interviews went well, and was told the next steps would be a meeting with the CEO if I was down selected.

Heard back after 3 weeks, as the Marketing Director was extremely busy with 3 events (hence the need to hire). They scheduled me with the CEO within a week of the call back. The meeting was set for HQ, and was scheduled for 60 minutes.

Here is where it went off the rails. CEO was late to the interview, and he couldn't be any less interested in me or my experience once we met. Not much eye contact from him, very basic questions, and seems offended when I asked him questions about the company. SO, the 60 min meeting ended up being like 12 minutes, and then he left. I sat in the meeting room for 5 minutes before I just left, when it was clear that no one else was coming to escort me out.

I didn't hear anything back from the company except for an apology about the lack of an escort out (HR was very good about this, I am assuming the CEO didn't bother to tell them he was done). Then, after my 2nd follow up via e-mail, I was told that they couldn't come to a consensus on the candidates they interviewed, so they were going back to square one.

It looked to me that the CEO had the final say on the candidates, and I was not what he was looking for. Can't say it was a waste of time, as getting in front of people is always good experience for interviewing. Even with the CEO issues, I have made changes on how I address senior level staff in an interview process.

Interview Questions

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Robotics.

Interview

Chatted with about 6 people. The whole onsite process took half a day. Showed me what they were working on, which is nice. However, none of the interviewers really had any questions to ask me since the beginning, and yet each one had a long time slot reserved. The only technical question I got asked during that 4-5 hours is agile workflow, which isn't even very relevant... The interview was basically a casual chat with each person, mostly focused on their own experiences. In my mind, I was questioning their sincerity in hiring and I didn't care the way they undervalued a candidate's time spent talking to them.

Interview Questions