Retensa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retensa Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retensa in March 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions for a couple of hours.
    But it has been over 21 days and no communication has been made from their end. They also do not reply to the emails that I have been sending them regarding decision. This perhaps is the most unprofessional behavior I have seen so far from any company.

HROD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Retensa.

Interview

Process included practicums and interviews with two different current employees. Mainly behavioral questions and asked for multiple examples. None of the questions were too difficult or unpredictable but it did get harder to provide multiple examples. Overall, they were very focused on determining your thought process and resourcefulness. The entire process took about 2.5-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who wasn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question

OD Associate Interview

Interview

Well structure interview. All I remember is the interview has several parts from personality test, skill test, structured interview to unstructured interview. During all the process, you are interviewed by different recruiting personnel in Retensa. Your interview will be well recorded and preserved.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to overcome the obstables in team work?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Retensa (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Two part process:
    1st part is short 15 min. interview
    2nd part very long but if you get through that you are sure liked.
    Well structured and interview has several parts from personality test, skill test, structured interview to unstructured interview. During all the process, you are interviewed by different recruiting personnel in Retensa. Your interview will be well recorded and preserved.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking if you have anything else to say. Prepare for a lot of that after a particular question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Retensa.

Interview

Several people and pretty standard questions. Expect you to have some company info and ask for multiple examples of everything. I suppose it is a tough interview but they are nice. Ask a lot of questions and be honest as cultural fit is super important.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Retensa (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume for an internship, received a phone call, got invited for the interview. They asked mostly behavioral questions, such as how did you handle conflict, did you have to work with difficult people, etc.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Retensa (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Started off as a phone interview, and if you pass that, its a 3 hour long in person interview process: an exercise, followed by two interviews, one of which is with the CEO. I was told there was going to be only one interview and was not informed of the interview with the CEO or the exercise

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to think of several scenarios for the same question   Answer Question

Human Resources/OD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Retensa (New York, NY).

Interview

A fellow classmate passed my resume to Retensa. I heard from them rather quickly and was told to pick a phone screening appointment from a list of time slots. They responded two weeks later and we confirmed a time. During the phone screening, the interviewer sounded apathetic and rushed, which threw me off. It was very thorough for an interaction that was not face-to-face, and I could hear the interviewer typing loudly the entire time. It was not a comfortable experience. I hung up thinking I got rejected and that I never wanted to interact with Retensa again. However, I was asked to come for an in-person interview. I went, but the initial bad impression definitely affected my approach (I realized that looking back). Regardless, the questions were well-thought-out and the interviewers truly listened to my responses. I liked everyone that I met, and I really enjoyed the practicum task that they give ten minutes to complete. On the other hand, I did not like the questions that were designed to test critical thinking/analytical skill/individual thought process. They did not seem well-developed.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my thought process when picking a line at the grocery store. The interviewer explained exactly how the lines at that particular store worked, and then asked how I would choose based on hearing her explanation. The process she described sounded very fair and consciously designed by the grocery store itself. There wasn't much room to be strategic since it was spelled out for me.   1 Answer

OD/Human Resources Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retensa.

Interview

I have the first round phone interview and chatted with recruiter in a very nice and friendly setting
    The second round-on site interview was more tough than the first phone interview(i.e. make comments on one employee survey, questions about how to design a training program with limited budget and resources, question on data analysis-listed varies data form based on one spreadsheet)

Interview Questions

• questions are professional and specific; needs previous experience   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Apply my sending them resume and cover letter through email. I was contacted within a week to set up a phone screen interview which lasted about 30 min and was pretty straight forward. A few days later they emailed me to set up an in person interview. I then had to send writing samples, references, and perform a tying test online for them to see how fast my typing is.
    I came in for the in person interview which ended up lasting 2.5 hours after speaking with 3 different people. 2 were for about an hour each- they were senior employees, and one was an associate who did a practicum with me to see my attention to detail.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty classic Qs like tell me a time you had a difficult co-worker, how did you deal with it? Or tell me a time you had a lot on your plate, what did you do to make sure you got everything done? etc. But what was difficult was they would ask for multiple examples of each. So If you come prepared with an answer to those classic questions, it won't be enough because once you give your answer they'll say, Ok, tell me about another time...   1 Answer