Ricardo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ricardo (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

on campus 1st round, 2nd round super day.. overall experience was they were very focused on taking someone of same experience the job description required. So, not much depends on how you perform that day.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ricardo in October 2016.

Interview

First round is a phone screening, followed by 2 phone interview with 2 managers. I went through the standard behavioral interview questions combined with some financial questions like calculating and comparing the cash flow of real estate investment with different financing options. People are nice and funny. The last round was case interview with VP. The case is estimation questions.

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ricardo (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was arranged through a recruiter. Met with the Managing Director. The interview lasted an hour. I received feedback the following week. I appreciated the speed with which it all occurred.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ricardo.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview, apparently they blew it off. Did not return calls or e-mails regarding it either. Pretty unprofessional.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ricardo (Van Buren Township, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

It was the standard interview process. Spoke with several people. Did a CAD test by modeling a piston part. Was nothing special. Not a lot of specifics pertaining to position and how the company works. You may be told one thing and will experience something completely different. When I eventually started, two of the interviewees were no longer with the company.
    When I started the job, I was put in a group that was different then the one that I was told I would be in.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ricardo (West Nyack, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I had one interview at the time. They would ask simple common sense question about a friend you have and how you would help the company in the future.
    It is best to also tell them that you are motivated individual and focus on keeping customers
    happy.
    The people and the office had an inviting feel, and everyone was friendly and helping each other out.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your skills to help out the company in the future?   Answer Question

Senior Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ricardo (Royal Leamington Spa, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I just had one interview, interviewer was friendly and personable. I got the impression there wasn't much of a vehicle dynamics department & the work involved would be very much in the design / concept stage

Interview Questions

• what would you expect to measure in order to characterise on-centre steering behaviour   Answer Question
    • describe an example of hardpoint optimisation for meeting k&c targets   Answer Question
    • General experience target setting   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ricardo (Shoreham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Assessment centre running from 10:15-15:30 with two slots, one in the morning, the other in the afternoon. In each slot you either did a 10 minute presentation or an 1h 30 min technical and HR interview. The other task would then be completed in the second session. In between slots there was a tour around the site by 2 recent graduates where you could ask questions about the company. Lunch provided and offered to pay travel expenses too.

The presentation was on one of 4 questions provided in advance of the day. The technical interview varied depending on the interviewer. Mine consisted of discussing one of the projects from my CV in depth, some probing questions into difficulties being faced but most likely a nuance of my project as it is an ongoing project. Was also tasked with drawing force vs angular rotation plots for a cam controlling a valve in an engine. Despite struggling at points they were very kind and offered hints to jog your memory. HR interview side was competency questions and were very keen for you to relate them to any projects you had on your CV, as well as more information on work experience/internships. All fairly standard questions.

All people involved in the recruitment process have been very nice and have answered any question I or the other applicants on my assessment day had, very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have designed something innovative?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer -Automotive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreham-by-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ricardo (Shoreham-by-Sea, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online late September 2016, got a call inviting me for assessment day following the closing date in late October. Attended assessment day early December which comprised of 2 presentations about the company and the role, delivering and answering questions on a pre-prepared presentation on a given topic (I was given 3 different topics on automotive industry to choose from and had 3 weeks to prepare for it. I made sure I incorporated Ricardo's own research and manufacture products into my presentation as all those topics were relevant to Ricardo's products), meeting current graduate engineers over lunch and a site tour.
    We later had a 2:1 interview which lasted an hour and mainly comprised of personality based questions and to see if you are passionate about the company and role. There were a couple of technical questions in there which I didn't know the answer to that they helped me with and checked if I can grasp the principle behind it, which I did.
    The last part of the interview was basically feedback on how I did throughout the day and it all sounded very positive and they were sharing their personal experiences with the company and asked me if I'm still happy to work with them etc.
    Overall it was a very positive, friendly, educative experience and I would highly recommend applying to work there. They were not condescending which other employers I interviewed with seemed to be.

They called and responded immediately after they were done with the last batch of assessment days for the role. It took 2 working days from my interview to offer.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges facing the automotive industry in the next 10 years?
      Which area of the automotive industry do you see potential for significant growth?
      Tell me about a time when you led a team to success.
      Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult team member and how you managed it as a team leader.
      1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ricardo (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview.
    Interview consisted with
    1. Company profile - description of the company and what they do
    2. Self introduction - from university to current career, what I have done and what level I have reached
    3. technical knowledge - some technical questions to gauge extent of my knowledge and how I would deal with certain scenarios
    4. company requirements - they described what they were looking for based on the previous answers and how I would fit into the team

Interview Questions

• Based on my experience dealing with a difficult customer, how did you overcome the problem?   2 Answers