Rice University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through a total of 3 months's rotation program. I stayed at 3 different labs during the time. The professor or owner of different labs talked with me and asked me my interest/expectations for academia.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rice University

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with grad student heading project. She asked about my past experience in research and was extremely friendly. She asked about my aspirations and how this position could help me attain that.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

sent email to professor-->he replied and said he need student-->apply phd through department-->ask for visit--> got invitation of visit-->interview, meet people--> back, get offer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial emails were sent, followed by phone conversation. The next round was a Skype interview. After a week, I got the acceptance letter. It was all very straight forward and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What is one strength and weakness of your research question, and how can we assist you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rice University (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

You just follow the instruction given on the website and prepare all documents needed.
    They may ask for a phone interview. But it's not required. If they think you're qualified. They'll give the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Basically talk to prof. Mentioned my previous experience, research interest, and courses I have taken. I read the prof's papers, though din't understand most of them. But this familiarity is definately helpful during the interview. It was a quite smooth talk and there aren't lot of unexpected questions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Very brief phone interview. Just talked about my background.