Rincon Research Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

3.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rincon Research Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in Jun 2020

Interview

Spoke with a senior level manager which asked some personal and technical questions. Was asked various questions about my previous work experience, what areas I would like to improve on, etc.

Interview Questions
  • What do I think is my strongest engineering qualities?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ) in Apr 2020

Interview

Three hour long interview over zoom, covering many different topics from mathematics to software development skills, DSP, and moderate machine learning problems. It was handled by representatives from four different teams.

Interview Questions
  • Not very difficult questions, but they were VERY extensive. I received a question on the k-means algorithm: when it is used and what are its weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ) in Jul 2019

Interview

After getting through the phone interview , they brought me to Tucson, AZ for an onsite interview. It lasted all day and everyone was very nice. Took me out to lunch. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ)

Interview

The interview was easy, but everyone asked variations of the same questions. From the first person it was clear the interviewers where out of there subject matters. This is usually fine, but they did not do even the most shallow reaserach on the subject. This led to ill defined questions being asked and when told they are ill defined to solve them anyway, or having to explain the most basic concepts of why it is ill defined. Waste of a day. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rincon Research Corporation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation

Interview

I was contacted via email by one of the VPs about a week after submitting my resume for the position posted on their website. The gentlemen introduced himself in the email and requested a time to speak with me over to phone. The total phone interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and was most general questions to access my fit for the company. I was informed that the next steps would either be a visit to one of their local offices, or a flight out to Tucson, AZ for an in-person interview. Though I did not receive an offer of employment, it became clear that the company is looking for the very best and has a cadre of employees that are worldwide experts in their fields. The gentlemen that interviewed me was professional and polite.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your leadership style.
  • Describe your experience preparing proposals, SOWs, and other related documentation.
  • There were numerous other questions, some general in nature and some more focused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ) in Jan 2018

Interview

First I had a one hour phone interview. It was purely technical. I was asked to explain a project I was working on in great detail. He told me after that his goal was to see how much I actually knew rather than how much I was just regurgitating from what my professors has said. A week later I was invited to fly out for an in person interview in Tucson. I was there all day. There were six 30 minute technical interviews each led by a different employee. Some interviews were harder than others but the majority had some lengthy problems to try and tackle.

Interview Questions
  • Explain briefly fast fourier transform. Show me with your hands what a convolution is. Wrote a bunch of code on the board and asked me to find all syntax errors. Write code to parse a simple math problem stored in a binary tree. Write a function that will give you number of cars at certain location on road at any time if you have data for how many cars are at each 100 meter interval gathered every ten seconds. Given a graph with signals received, determine which signals are noise and which represent an object passing by.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ)

Interview

A couple of interviews, asked about routing software questions and some mathematics ones (Linear Algebra, Calculus). Just know your resume and you're golden. The overall process took a couple months and seemed a little disorganized, but I had a great experience there and nothing to complain about. The interview process was fairly easy when I took it, but I've heard they've ramped up the difficulty in past years.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015

Interview

It was intense. Pretty technical overall, but everyone that I talked to was very knowledgeable and willing to answer my many questions. I met a lot of different people and personalities which tested my ability to adapt and work in various team environments.

Interview Questions
  • Circuit analysis - a simple voltage divider
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ)

Interview

1. Submitted online application. 2. About three weeks later, got a phone call to set up a phone screen, which happened a couple days after that. 3. About a week after the phone screen, got a phone call to set up an interview, which happened about a week after that. 4. Interview was from 8:30 to about 2:30 which included one-on-one sessions with 8 different people (1 HR, 1 VP, 6 technical). They also took me to lunch.

Interview Questions
  • Over the course of the technical interviews, they touched on almost everything I had listed as a technical skill on my resume and asked enough questions to verify whether I truly had a solid understanding/skill in that area or not. There is a whiteboard in the interview room and I was repeatedly encouraged to use it in order to work through questions they asked. Some of the questions I remember include: Can you write pseudo-code to calculate the factorial of a number? Explain how a Kalman filter works. Can you tell me about a filter you've designed? If you were tracking an object that was constrained to stay on a grid of possible paths, how could you design your filter to ensure that your estimates stayed on those paths? What do you know about Bayesian statistics and particle filters? Can you explain how you would combine two probability distribution functions (one from your filter and one from a new measurement)? What do you know about GPS? Can you draw a block diagram of a digital communications transmit/receive chain and explain it? Why would you use OQPSK instead of regular QPSK? Are you familiar with Kepler's equations? How do you do correlation in the time domain? What are the pros/cons of doing correlation in the time domain versus frequency domain?

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rincon Research Corporation (Tucson, AZ) in Mar 2015

Interview

Flew me out to Tucson, put me up for the night, expenses paid. The next morning interviewed had a talk with HR about benefits, then probably four or five technical interviews. Each about 45 minutes. Around noon there was a break from interviews, where they took me out to lunch. During the interviews they presented complex, multi-faceted problems. It wasn't testing so much what you knew, but whether you could figure out the problem. They gave hints when I was stuck. A good learning experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews