Robbins Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Robbins Brothers

2.6

Manager In Waiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and follow up with the hiring manager for the store that I applied with an email I was able to get an interview quite quickly. The interview was scheduled by one person but I ended up interviewing with someone else This is probably because I did not fit their culture asks. The interviewrr of the store has a very brash and unprofessional personality. He took a phone call during the interview for 5 minutes. The interview itself centered around a very odd conversation about conflict. The point he was trying to get across is that conflict is a good, necessary thing in the workplace. He said he intentionally creates conflict with his team and does not avoid it. He also said that top performers are the most valuable thing and that you should encourage a team to be jealous of those who perform well. There was a test that I needed to take prior to having the interview. I am sure that I did not perform well on their test because my values construct is very different from Robbins Bros. The person scheduled the interview never came to talk to me. Offer of job was presented by Second interviewer,I deferred politely but will not be accepting a position with them. In my opinion, the fact the person who schedule the interview, list on their website as the one to reach out to and desicion maker,offered through her someone else,without sitting down me coupled with the strange view of conflict in the workplace, are major red flags.

Interview Questions

• Would you hire a top performer if you knew it would create culture conflicts in your store?   1 Answer

Everyone has to start on their sales floor selling and based on your evaluation you CAN be placed into a manager role. It seems it would be very easy for them to either hold you back because you didn't perform well enough, or even because you perform too well. Management roles are probably given to those who perform well enough but ultimately are well liked.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Torrance, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application, then if you passed you get a phone call to come for interview, - very arrogant management ( car dealership that want to be high end dealership )
    You get from 1-3 interviews, if you get hired there selling system is built so all new hires must transfer there sales to top writers, when at the same time management team system only works to create conflict and jealousy among sales personal to create cutthroat competition borderline harassment and hostile work environment but all WITH A SMILE !
    New comers BEWARE - it's either there way or the highway.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked to come in same day because manager going away. Prior to this told I was not gotten back to right away because everyone was on vacation. Another review also mentions vacations thrown at him. Very strange and obviously unprofessional way of handling candidates. Was asked to come back for personality test but when I arrived person who was supposed to administer it was very frazzled and didn't know how. I told them I could come back but do not plan to. Really unimpressed with this company and to be honest showroom very dated.

Interview Questions

• What were you doing in such and such city (before coming in for interview)   1 Answer
    • Did I know such and such manager at another store. (Frat boy mentality.)   1 Answer

General Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Azusa, CA).

Interview

3 interviews and one long set of personality tests. Some people had a group interview but that practice has been discontinued. Apparently I barely passed the personality tests but got an offer at the end of it all.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Azusa, CA).

Interview

First impression of the company- conservative. The interviewer was friendly, but not really professional considering he was wearing a t shirt with stains and a wrinkly jacket. Before the interview, already sent them works of mine and brought more works in and printed resume when I went in. And they asked me to email the work I show them in person. Tried to follow up later but never heard anything, not even an auto response one.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected would be the interviewer asked me if I am a cat or dog person. I told him I like both but cats are easier if I am not home most of the day. And he asked me if I will have 5 cats or 10 cats. Very strange question!   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with five different managers over the course of two days. The process took over five hours. It was an easy enough interview with the management staff asking a variety of the same questions.
    At the end of my interviews, I asked the manager when I should expect a response. He mentioned that I would hear something one way or another within a week. After a week, I emailed the general manager regarding an update and he said that they were still interviewing candidates and they would get back to me eventually. I respectfully withdrew my application.

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Azusa, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Long. Alot of steps and tests to take.

Interview Questions

• Start from the beginning of your career and take me to now...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Mission Viejo, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received a call from a manager at corporate. We set up an interview with the sales manager, who was very professional and spent a lot of time discussing the position with me. The application, which required an essay on why I wanted to work there, was otherwise simple and straight forward. After taking a quick test and filling out all the necessary paperwork, I sat down with the sales manager. He was informative, and the interview (though long), seemed to go well. He suggested that I meet with the general manager but not on that particular day, so I called a couple of days later to set up the next meeting. I thought it was odd that I had left a message for him, and never got a return phone call. I guess this is where it started to get weird. When I finally caught up with him, he apologized and gave me an appointment for a second interview with the GM. I was happy and thought I still had a chance at the job.

When I met with the general manager, I should have known something was up. The very first thing he asked me was what I like to do for fun. I thought okay, he just wants to have a conversation. But then he asked if I was married, followed by whether or not I have any kids. We spoke a little about me and even less about the job. He let me know that he was looking for someone "aggressive" and I assured him of my experience, and that I would perform the job well. However, I left feeling a little let down. Especially since he wouldn't be making any decisions until he returned from vacation in two weeks. I waited for his return from vacation and called him. At that point he asked me to give him until the end of the week. When I phoned him that Friday (as instructed), I was placed on hold until the receptionist came back saying he had stepped out for a few minutes.

I have never finished this type of process feeling so beat up. I think it would have been classier to just ask me to kiss their ass directly. Learn how to interview with integrity and respect for your applicant's time. Return a call, send a letter out. Figure out another way to tell someone that they're no longer being considered. Good grief, it just looks better.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with first the Floor Manager, then one of the Assistant Managers, then one of the Sales Managers. After accepting a lower position because "I probably wouldn't succeed as a sales associate", took two easy assessments (one for differentiation and one for math skills). Was PROMISED a sales position by the sales manager after 3-6 months. Asked the General Manager how the process was coming along about a month after the Sales Manager left. Was told that "We actually had a long discussion about this before we hired you and we don't project you to be a sales associate with us soooooooo......"

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robbins Brothers (Mission Viejo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in for my interview thinking I would only be meeting with the General Manager. I sat with him for about 10-15 minutes. He then told me he wanted to have the Floor Manager interview me. We talked for about 35 minutes. I felt very at ease during this whole process. The next step was a three part test which took about 2 hours. This was on a Friday. I met with the Regional Manager the following Wednesday and was told that meeting him was just a formality and that I could give notice with my current employer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew anything about the company?   1 Answer