Rock Bottom Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rock Bottom Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. It was a long application with lots of personality based questions. I received a phone call from a manager to set up an interview a few days after submitting my application. Spoke to two different managers about my experience and how I could fit with Rock Bottom. I was offered employment.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Bethesda, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Casual yet professional interview, I met with 2 different managers before offically getting the job. The questions are pretty basic. Not at all intimidating. The manager at the time was very laid back but he still did his job so it was great. You can tell right off the bat that the people who work there were very close like a family which I really appreciated

Interview Questions

• How do you deal in a fast pace environment?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

The application was online, through Craftworks. It was an extremely long and excessively detailed application for an hourly hosting position. After they received my application, they called me to interview. I had an interview with a floor manager, and then I was asked to come back for an interview with the general manager, after which he offered me a position. The pay was not exactly what I hoped for but I had been laid off about a month before and really needed a job, so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The general manager asked me why I like working in the restaurant industry.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants.

Interview

I was called in the very next day where I met with one of the managers for about 15 minutes. He asked me questions that were geared more towards who I was as a person and some about my work experience and what I learned that I could bring to the position. Then he left to get the GM and he asked me very similar questions for about 5 quick minutes and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember any extremely difficult questions   Answer Question

Server/Trainer Interview

Interview

Online personality questions. Basically asks you the same questions over and over just worded differently

Negotiation

Assistant Brewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

I assisted with two brew days at two different Rock Bottom Restaurants with the second one as a working interview for an assistant brewer position in downtown Denver. I'm an educated brewer with a diploma from Siebel with some hand's on experience. After the working interview, I was offered a position then was strung along for several weeks. During those several weeks the person kept telling me corporate was holding things up. I stopped in person a few times so I could look this person in the eye, shake their hand, and see if this person was lying to me. It was clear from the weak handshake what kind of person I was working with so I knew it wasn't going anywhere. Eventually, this person hired someone else but never informed me - zero integrity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical was asked. I'm not sure the person knew anything about the biology or chemistry behind the process.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Came in for in person interview with regional manager. Standard questions why you would be a good fit for the company. Sat down 1 on 1 and the interview lasted roughly 30 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Nashville, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

It was first done online-a little time consuming, but easy enough. And not as important if you know somebody who works there. Got a call setting up an interview. Did the face to face, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Nashville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed one time with two seperate managers. Was fairly quick and they were friendly and professional. They informed me about the work environment at the establishment and asked me questions about previous work experience to make sure I would be prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rock Bottom Restaurants (Charlotte, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online at rockbottomjobs.com. I got a call-back from the general manager 1 week later to set up an interview. The interview lasted around 15 minutes or so, and included general resume questions related to food services. 1 week later I received a call offering me the position, and requesting that I come in for training. The training didn't work for my schedule, but the manager decided to hold off until I was ready, delaying the rest of the training class as well. I started training, which lasted 5 shifts, and then started full-time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A they don't pay you $