Rocket Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

1.9

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview is with the HR and second interview is with the hiring manager. They first talked about the position and the company, which making the interview more telex and less stressful. Curricular Practical Training

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, where they asked about school work and projects as well as working in a group and personal projects. The interview was hosted in a conference call and there were 2 men on the other end. The interview was scheduled for 30 min and at the end the interviewers said they had other things they would have liked to talk to me, questions about other work I had done but we didn't have time.

Interview Questions

• What was the most unpleasant or undesirable group project you have been in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Emeryville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Mostly behavioral, limited code review -- a lot of walking through interests and how you go about certain coding situations such as debugging. More broad questions. Talked about current and past projects and questions arose based on the answers provided

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall the process was handled very unprofessional. I got a phone call from HR at 7:30pm to discuss job opportunity and then would set up interview next day. The worst part is they do not get back to you after the interview. I followed up with HR and hiring manager and got an email back saying " we would get back to you in the next day or so"..... And after that nothing. It has been 3 months! Just be honest with your candidate! We know you are interviewing many candidates at the same time and wanted to keep everyone on the hook. We are interviewing many companies at the same time too so we understand. But please don't lie and be professional. We are bigger than you thought and can handle a rejection email. I would much prefer a " we are learning toward another candidate " rather than a email " we will get back to you later" but never does. I already landed on another job for two months and I am glad I did not work there. If this is the attitude they treat their customers/vendor/employees then I don't think it is a health environment I want to be.

Interview Questions

• What are the major projects you worked on in your company?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter screen
    Engineer screen with only behavorial questions
    Take home project
    In person review of take home project

The recruiter was the best I've worked with. Very fast and accomodating.
    But the engineers...smh

I went into the office for the in person review with a dev and the senior dev. Neither one of them even knew what the project rubric was. They asked me what it was....WTF really?

One of them didn't even know that you can deploy to Github pages and told me that my project was wrong because I hadn't configured it to deploy to some other service.

Glad I dodged this bullet. I'm very happy where I'm at now!

Interview Questions

• Build a web application that displays useful information to a user   Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rocket Software in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a phone group interview with the Web Development team at Rocket Software. They had basic questions about my resume, like what I did for work, asked about past projects, etc. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes long but ended up turning into an hour long conversation which I thoroughly enjoyed. The interview was not technical at all, it seemed like they wanted to see if I would fit in at Rocket and if I knew what I was talking about.

Overall, the interview process was fantastic, I really liked the fact that the interview was not technical - it made me feel that I was valued more as a person rather than the skills that I have. In addition, I am not implying that they do not look for technical skills at all, I have a large amount of experience with Web Development and I feel that through the questions they asked and the conversation that we had they were able to determine that I had the right skills for the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the HR manager that lasted around thirty minutes. A few days later I had a "technical interview" that was just a quick phone interview in which three engineers asked me about my project experience and other questions related to my technical background and studies. A week or so later I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult bug you have encountered and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Product Manager, Denver Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with members of the Dev team, then some a senior product leader.
    The Dev team was nice but didn't ask about any technologies I used, about modeling, mvps, or trends.

Senior leadership asked me if I had questions... asked no questions.

Just google "product manger interview questions", they asked the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• What tools do I use?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment am I most proud of?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Received an email several weeks later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took quite a few emails on my part to finally get set up (coordinator seemed a bit unorganized). Interview was strictly behavioral and about my background/experience, fairly easy. No technical questions asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Waltham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Completely based on culture fit. Two managers were sent down to talk to me, both were friendly but one was practical and the other theoretical. Interesting experience, didn't ask any questions about CS.