Rocket Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rocket Software Interview Questions

1.9

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the HR manager that lasted around thirty minutes. A few days later I had a "technical interview" that was just a quick phone interview in which three engineers asked me about my project experience and other questions related to my technical background and studies. A week or so later I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult bug you have encountered and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Product Manager, Denver Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with members of the Dev team, then some a senior product leader.
    The Dev team was nice but didn't ask about any technologies I used, about modeling, mvps, or trends.

Senior leadership asked me if I had questions... asked no questions.

Just google "product manger interview questions", they asked the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• What tools do I use?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment am I most proud of?   1 Answer

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rocket Software in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a phone group interview with the Web Development team at Rocket Software. They had basic questions about my resume, like what I did for work, asked about past projects, etc. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes long but ended up turning into an hour long conversation which I thoroughly enjoyed. The interview was not technical at all, it seemed like they wanted to see if I would fit in at Rocket and if I knew what I was talking about.

Overall, the interview process was fantastic, I really liked the fact that the interview was not technical - it made me feel that I was valued more as a person rather than the skills that I have. In addition, I am not implying that they do not look for technical skills at all, I have a large amount of experience with Web Development and I feel that through the questions they asked and the conversation that we had they were able to determine that I had the right skills for the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Received an email several weeks later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took quite a few emails on my part to finally get set up (coordinator seemed a bit unorganized). Interview was strictly behavioral and about my background/experience, fairly easy. No technical questions asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Waltham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Completely based on culture fit. Two managers were sent down to talk to me, both were friendly but one was practical and the other theoretical. Interesting experience, didn't ask any questions about CS.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, just questions about my resume   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rocket Software.

Interview

Interview process was easy, telephone, then in person. I interviewed with the team leader, and then with selected employees/team members at a peer level. I think that the interview might have been available on a Webex, but I did not use the video (and was not prompted to use it). Very friendly group of people who are positively pro-Rocket Software.

Interview Questions

• More of a culture fit interview than a skills interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter said "we will not negotiate"

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview with HR rep and SVP. Right away I knew they had already selected someone else and I was filling a quota based on being told they wanted to finalize hiring someone weeks before - not an impressive thing to say.

Explained in detail what they do, but did not ask pertinent questions regarding sales philosophy and attack plans - the two interviewers could not have been less interested in a dialogue.

Interview Questions

• Very easy and disconnected questions on sales - neither person seemed interested in the answers or cared to engage in discussion - never even sent a reply email to me even though I professionally thanked them in-person and via email.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Phone interview then in-person interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

The process is about 4-5 weeks. The recruiter is very responsive and helpful. The interview is about 30 minutes. Introduce myself, talk about my experiences and question for the company. That's all.

Quality Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rocket Software (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Very limited interview.

Interview Questions

Poor company rating from previous people