Rohde & Schwarz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds interview, first interview is general question , such as why you choose this company, what is your current job scope. After that HR game 1 report, ask me to prepare and present this report after 1 week, during the interview, few managers and engineer asked some questions regarding to the presentation, then follow by HR interview include the package. After that the engineer bring me the site show round of their office and lab.

Interview Questions

• What’s is your job scope currently, why you plan to leave your company and join this company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in December 2009.

Interview

Managers who interviewed me did not understand the products or marketplace. They came from competitors in the test market, but none came from competitors that competed with R&S.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty simplistic and straight forward

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Beaverton, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I met with three different groups of people. The interviews were either 1 on 1 or 2 on 1. The questions they asked were very reasonable and fair. They asked about my motivation, sw process, and detailed engineering questions. The people were very respectful and professional. A very reasonable interview. I was there for a little over five hours. I felt that they has tried to learn about my capabilities and how I would fit both technically and personally.

Interview Questions

• One person asked a question about sorting. I really struggled with the answer. I am not sure there was a right answer but the person asking wanted me to think out loud. This type of questioning, while fair, really make me uncomfortable. I want the time needed to really think it through which is difficult in an interview.   2 Answers

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Rohde & Schwarz was at a recruiting fair at my school. I talked to the representatives at their booth and gave them my resume. The HR representative called me soon after to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I submitted a video resume and then engaged in a face-to-face interview. An offer was extended within a few weeks and the whole process was quick (probably less than 4 weeks) and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into sales?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

A lot of management that I interviewed with are from companies that don't compete in the same wireless markets, so they had terrible questions and no feel for the dynamics of their particular silo. They seemed o be a mile wide and an inch deep.

Calibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager and engineer would ask question on how to fix a problem. Telling them the steps of the troubleshooting process. Goes through different types of examples. They give you a tour of the place you might be working at. It's all about how you think and how you handle issue at hand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz.

Interview

You do not feel under pressure during the interview. Questions about my personality. They asked to explain my previous experiences as an intern. We went through my resume. Communication skills related. The position requires a person with good communication skills, since the main task is to assist customers and field engineers.

Interview Questions

• Are you an introvert or an extrovert person?   2 Answers

CRM Functional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD).

Interview

No Recruiter Call. No salary requirements. Call with the Director and Onsite interview. No communication after that. Then H1B data shows LCA processed for H1B candidates. I guess they prefer H1B candidates, easier to retain.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2010.

Interview

Submit resume, interview with manager , get hired

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2017.

Interview

Smooth and responsive, due to my circumstances at the time, i required the response in a very short time period, but HR and the interviewer managed to notify me of my interview outcome very promptly.