Rohde & Schwarz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.7

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds interview, first interview is general question , such as why you choose this company, what is your current job scope. After that HR game 1 report, ask me to prepare and present this report after 1 week, during the interview, few managers and engineer asked some questions regarding to the presentation, then follow by HR interview include the package. After that the engineer bring me the site show round of their office and lab.

Interview Questions

• What’s is your job scope currently, why you plan to leave your company and join this company.   Answer Question

CRM Functional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD).

Interview

No Recruiter Call. No salary requirements. Call with the Director and Onsite interview. No communication after that. Then H1B data shows LCA processed for H1B candidates. I guess they prefer H1B candidates, easier to retain.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz.

Interview

You do not feel under pressure during the interview. Questions about my personality. They asked to explain my previous experiences as an intern. We went through my resume. Communication skills related. The position requires a person with good communication skills, since the main task is to assist customers and field engineers.

Interview Questions

• Are you an introvert or an extrovert person?   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Beaverton, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I met with three different groups of people. The interviews were either 1 on 1 or 2 on 1. The questions they asked were very reasonable and fair. They asked about my motivation, sw process, and detailed engineering questions. The people were very respectful and professional. A very reasonable interview. I was there for a little over five hours. I felt that they has tried to learn about my capabilities and how I would fit both technically and personally.

Interview Questions

• One person asked a question about sorting. I really struggled with the answer. I am not sure there was a right answer but the person asking wanted me to think out loud. This type of questioning, while fair, really make me uncomfortable. I want the time needed to really think it through which is difficult in an interview.   2 Answers

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Rohde & Schwarz was at a recruiting fair at my school. I talked to the representatives at their booth and gave them my resume. The HR representative called me soon after to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I submitted a video resume and then engaged in a face-to-face interview. An offer was extended within a few weeks and the whole process was quick (probably less than 4 weeks) and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into sales?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in December 2009.

Interview

Managers who interviewed me did not understand the products or marketplace. They came from competitors in the test market, but none came from competitors that competed with R&S.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty simplistic and straight forward

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

A lot of management that I interviewed with are from companies that don't compete in the same wireless markets, so they had terrible questions and no feel for the dynamics of their particular silo. They seemed o be a mile wide and an inch deep.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Bucharest (Romania)) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an invitation by e-mail, asked details about where to come for the interview, but no reply received. In the end I have arrived at the address found at the bottom of the e-mails send by the recruiter. Maybe the recruiter didn't see my question, but in any case from the beginning it was a sensation of rude attitude. There were 2 interviews, first with an HR person, very targeted at the previous experiences, also rather rude and showing that the recruiter didn't chose carefully the candidate. The second interview was with a technical person, again some technical questions about my previous experiences without real technical questions. At the end of the interview I was told that I am overqualified for this position and the recruiter thanked for my visit. It felt like I should never return back there.

Interview Questions

• I what context you used MFC ?   1 Answer

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Bucharest (Romania)) in May 2017.

Interview

A telephony call regarding the role, a technical test and an IQ test, also. Then a meeting to discuss the backgorund, the experience, about the previous jobs and education and a short self description.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

first round with two senior engineers and paper test. nice people and relax. second round with senior management, have to to a 15 mins presentation based on the material they provide.