Rohde & Schwarz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rohde & Schwarz Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz.

Interview

You do not feel under pressure during the interview. Questions about my personality. They asked to explain my previous experiences as an intern. We went through my resume. Communication skills related. The position requires a person with good communication skills, since the main task is to assist customers and field engineers.

Interview Questions

• Are you an introvert or an extrovert person?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Beaverton, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I met with three different groups of people. The interviews were either 1 on 1 or 2 on 1. The questions they asked were very reasonable and fair. They asked about my motivation, sw process, and detailed engineering questions. The people were very respectful and professional. A very reasonable interview. I was there for a little over five hours. I felt that they has tried to learn about my capabilities and how I would fit both technically and personally.

Interview Questions

• One person asked a question about sorting. I really struggled with the answer. I am not sure there was a right answer but the person asking wanted me to think out loud. This type of questioning, while fair, really make me uncomfortable. I want the time needed to really think it through which is difficult in an interview.   1 Answer

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Rohde & Schwarz was at a recruiting fair at my school. I talked to the representatives at their booth and gave them my resume. The HR representative called me soon after to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I submitted a video resume and then engaged in a face-to-face interview. An offer was extended within a few weeks and the whole process was quick (probably less than 4 weeks) and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into sales?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in December 2009.

Interview

Managers who interviewed me did not understand the products or marketplace. They came from competitors in the test market, but none came from competitors that competed with R&S.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty simplistic and straight forward

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Columbia, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

A lot of management that I interviewed with are from companies that don't compete in the same wireless markets, so they had terrible questions and no feel for the dynamics of their particular silo. They seemed o be a mile wide and an inch deep.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

first round with two senior engineers and paper test. nice people and relax. second round with senior management, have to to a 15 mins presentation based on the material they provide.

CS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very detail in asking questions. He explore on my current position, capability and brief on the roles & company expectation. He questioning on my period of services with my previous company, and he mentioned that German management style demands on employee loyalty.
    He was straight to the point, positive and provide clear info on the job descriptions. It was a 2 way communications, and he was very good in his field.
    After went home, the HR mentioned they will process and contact me for the outcome in 2 weeks time. Until now, no reply from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to leave your current position.
      2. Would you able to adapt the environment changes.
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Interview

I was interviewed for a compulsory internship at the R&S premises in Munich. The interview did not involve anyone from the human resources department, but only the team leader and my future supervisor. We had a basic discussion about my CV, my experience and my expectation for the internship. They did not really ask any difficult technical questions. Afterwards, I was introduced to some other members of the team

Firmware Developer/FPGA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview within a week from applying online on their website. The HR informed me that there would be a written test and also a face to face interview both lasting for a total of 3 hours. However, on the day of the interview, my interviewers decided to not give me the written test, though I'm not sure why. They interviewed my mostly on my past experiences, asking me to explain my current job scope and my previous university projects. The technical questions were quite simple and straight-forward as well. The technical questions for the FPGA developer position were FPGA architecture and timing related questions. For the firmware developer, the questions were simple C and C++ concepts such as pointers, classes, etc. There were no questions on algorithms or efficiency.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rohde & Schwarz (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interview. First round started with a quiz, then met with engineers and HM. Second round met with director and HR, then followed by another technical assignment. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Linux kernel related, C++, virtual functions, user-kernel communications. What are the challenges faced in past projects.   Answer Question