Ron Jon Surf Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ron Jon Surf Shop Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop.

Interview

Store manager was so friendly but explained everything throughout the process. Straight forward and all around a caring and genuine person. Didn't feel judged or that she was picking a side good or bad.

Interview Questions

• Why Ron Jon?
      Experience?
      Describe someone you consider having a hard time working with and what did you do to make it work?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ship Bottom, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop (Ship Bottom, NJ).

Interview

you sit down with the managers and they proceed to ask you questions about yourself (where you went to school,college etc.) and your knowledge or surfing or skating, (if you have any experience in those two activities.) after that they tell you the positions and schedules that are open and available then they give you your paperwork and your on your way.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

When I walked in, everyone was friendly and we went to on office in the back.Asked usual interview questions, the interviewer asked a lot of questions about what was on my resume. However I was looking for a part-time job and they were looking for a full-time employee.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Too easy, just super lengthy. It took like a whole month to figure out if I got the job or not. They also do drug tests and that slowed down the process as well.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cocoa Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop (Cocoa Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

It's a Duel Interview process. Normally you are interviewed by the Assistant Manager first. If you are invited back for your 2nd interview you've practically got the job. The 2nd interview is normally carried out by the GM.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in Surfing/Skating?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really, they say your hired and tell you what you'll get paid. It's normally $8.50 or $9.00 an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop (Orlando, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was laid back and easy going. They asked the typical questions and are very easy to answer. They dont intimidate you and truly get to see you for who you are and what you can bring to the table.

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop (Sunrise, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. I interviewed with the former hiring manager and the former gm on the same day so it took around 2 hours but I didn't mind. They were engaging and the questions were pretty straight forward. I got a call back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ron Jon?   Answer Question
    • What do customer service and teamwork look like to you?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you did and didn't like from previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from management if you are hired?   Answer Question
    • Have you had a difficult customer or situation before at work and how did you resolve and overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ron Jon Surf Shop in November 2008.

Interview

It was a group interview and a personal interview. Teen stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

None