Ropes & Gray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ropes & Gray Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray.

Interview

straightforward process; there were a few rounds of interviews; you get the opportunity to meet with several very senior folks; everyone is really nice, but be very knowledgeable about their clients and industry events

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray.

Interview

Great interview experience! Ropes & Gray truly has a warm and welcoming culture which is not seen in many big law firm. The first step was a phone interview with an HR recruiter, then they will set you up with an in-person interview with several members of the team and a second in-person interview to interview with more members of team, with some people being video conferenced.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager say about is an area you need to improve?   Answer Question

Management Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray (New York, NY).

Interview

You should expect a phone screen (recruiter) and 3 separate in person interviews - pleasant experience. In-house recruiters know what they're doing. Be prepared to interview by video too. That can be tricky. Most communication is with their in-house recruiters. Background check can take a while.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situation based questions. Some interviewers asked no questions and just told me about their experience at the firm.   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got only to the phone interview stage. The interview was OK, but it honestly could have been done by a robot. The HR rep clearly was reading from a script and offered few details on her views of the team. The response was a very short boilerplate email - 2 weeks after their promised response - and my request for more-detailed feedback went unanswered.

Interview Questions

• Describe past experiences in completing strategic planning projects for high-level executives.   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray.

Interview

First interview was a brief conversation on the phone, pretty basic question about why I wanted to work for them, what I could bring to the table, questions about my resume, and then I asked some questions myself. Took about two weeks for them to get back to me, and I was invited for an in person interview. Interview was scheduled at three separate time slots - first interview was with a recent grad with the same position, then with another two less recent grads, and then a final interview with the coordinator. Interview lasted about an hour and a half, and it was pretty positive. Questions were basic, and mostly consisted of "tell me about a time when...". So, at the end of the interview I was told I could expect to her back from them in about two weeks.

It literally took 5 weeks for them to get back to me.

It would have been considerate for them to let me know they were moving with other candidates sooner. With other jobs on the table, time was of the essence.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone with a Paralegal Coordinator in their San Francisco office. The interview lasted about 15 minutes in total and started with basic getting-to-know you questions, a period of behavioral questions, and ended with questions I had for the coordinator.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working in groups, i.e. what are pros and cons of teamwork and how have you handled an experience working in a team in the past?   Answer Question

Secretary Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Very quick with responses and process. You first have a phone interview with a recruiter. If all goes well she will contact you very soon to coordinate a one and one interview in person. They will contact you day after day to coordinate a schedule for an interview. You will meet for half an hour with each person you are interviewing for (managers). If that goes well you will meet with the directors of the dept. most likely by VCC since their main office is in Boston.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray.

Interview

Reached out by HR and went in for an interview with 4 people. Hiring manager was very friendly and conversational. But director was straight up didn't seem like he was in a good mood or was bothered to be there to interview. Needless to say it killed the vibe for me as well.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray (Ithaca, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was applied through college and had the first round interview on campus. It was 30 minutes with an alum. No questions about your resume whatsoever. He jumped straight to a claim analysis - which is a short paragraph of text that's to the core of a patent application and would tell you what the patent is about.

Legal Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ropes & Gray (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Short recruitment interview call, took about 15 minutes and the questions were basic and the person very pleasant. Brought my in for an interview with 2 managers and each spoke more than I did about the position and to get a general understanding from me on how my experience fit the role they were hiring for. Easy to speak with and answered all of my questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what experience in your resume fits the job description?   Answer Question