Rubicon Project Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rubicon Project Interview Questions

Interviews at Rubicon Project

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview preparation process was good - I was communicating with several of their recruiters, it was fast and effective.

At first I had one Skype video interview, which included general talk and some online coding. Nothing so hard, just a smoke test for a candidate.
    After that there was a full day of interviews on site (and they paid for the flight and hotel). The main interview left a positive impression - met many people, everybody was knowledgeable and positive. However, it was also exhausting - because it was not so easy to stay near a whiteboard and speak for about 7 hours. I'd recommend Rubicon to reduce the number of sessions during an interview.

Questions during the main interview were really different, depending on a session and a particular person I was speaking with. Areas included: system design, algorithm analysis, finding edge cases, recursion, data structures, knowledge of technology specifics, QA methods, etc.

After-interview process was not that smooth - answers to my emails were delayed, several phone calls not answered and not returned. Not so critically, though. I can easily explain that by the amount of people Rubicon is hiring currently, so I'm sure the HRs are pretty overloaded.

Overall I liked what I saw there - company, culture, people and the product. That's why I waited for Rubicon, while having two other job offers. Well, the job was worth it (but that's another story).

Interview Questions

• Design an Scrabble game in OOP style   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rubicon Project in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked the theoretical questions based on Java concepts and a hard programming question. Question like difference between hashset and hashmap etc. Also asked to rate myself on a scale of 10 for Java script, HTML, CSS, JAVA, Python.Discussed a little about the testing concepts in the Javascript.

Interview Questions

• be thorough with arrays, linked lists and manipulations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview schedule was quite messy, the time was changed at the last minute, some interviewers were not in the office. I had to wait for about 20 minutes in a room several times

Interview Questions

• - Architecture design questions
      - Questions about technologies in my CV
      - Coding questions: data structures, algorithms...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Reached by a third party. 1st round with Senior Director over the phone. Did well, got onsite. Onsite 4 round, 1st with Senior Director, 2nd with Team Manager, 3rd with a different Team manager and 4th with Senior Engineer from a different team. I felt apart from 1 round rest 3 went well. And the one round tooo went 50% well is what 3rd party toldme. But he told me that it was a clear No from all the rounds which I felt is not acceptable as I know I performed well and got answers for all the remaining rounds. Atleast I feel feedback should be provided according to performance. Please dont waste time interviewing for this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions are easy and I was able to solve all the questions but just missed few on Java.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rubicon Project in November 2012.

Interview

Hiring was based on a 1:1 interview and was based out of algorithms and data structure questions. It was easy and a relaxed environment. I had 4 1:1 interview. Questions included solving a puzzle, technology focus, algorithm based, and a generic cultural fit interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (Playa Vista, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call from manager. Then set up a phone technical interview 3 weeks later. Easy standard question about linked list. Passed that and set up another interview another 3 weeks later.

Interview consisted of 5 interviews. One is non technical with hiring manager. 3 technical whiteboard coding, and 1 technical no coding. I'd say 4/5 went great and the other one was ok but not good. Process was pretty good. People seemed nice and welcoming.

Most questions were easy. Linked list, easy string manipulstion, tree transversal, selection. Etc.

Next day I asked when I could hear back and was told a few days later latest. latest came and I asked for an update as it was urgent and was told they'd get back asap. No response so I send another email asking if they can get back the next day. No response so I call and the recruiter says "Sorry I think they're still interviewing people. Maybe soon". Over a month later no response whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is really good. My friend refered me, and the hr contacted me soon. The first round is talk with the manager, and second round is technical phone interview. The onsite interview contains six rounds. The interviewers are really nice. The company environment is really great, and I think this is a great company.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions
      talk about projects
      system design questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rubicon Project.

Interview

Got a phone call from manager, set up phone screen about 2-3 weeks later and then set up in person interview another 2-3 weeks after that.

On site was a total of 5 interviews. 1 with manager, non technical. 3 coding and 1 technical questions.

Went pretty well and I asked when Id hear back and recruiter told me Friday latest (interview was on Monday). Heard nothing on Friday so I followed up on Monday. No response on Monday so I emailed and was told he'd check up and get back to me. Didn't get back to me so I called since it was urgent as I had another offer I had to accept shortly. Was told they were still deciding and to maybe check Tuesday.

Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• reverse linked list, find middle of linked list, remove duplicates, in order transversal of tree (recursive and iterative), find kth value.   Answer Question

Rubicon Project Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for your feedback. I’m sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. Candidate experience is something that we take very seriously. One of the things we do to ensure a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews: phone screen, phone coding, and onsite. The first two were pretty standard. Onsite was five interviews back-to-back. There was no lunch break so I had to eat lunch while doing one of the interviews which was really weird. Also one of my interviewers had to be on skype which was also weird. The questions weren't too difficult though hard to understand sometimes.

Was disappointed that the reason I did not get it was lack of experience which was something I told them in the phone screen, so it felt like a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rubicon Project (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process went pretty quickly and consisted of two phone screens and an onsite. The onsite consisted of a mix of technical questions and soft skills interviews. The onsite was roughly 5 hours including a lunch