Rubrik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rubrik (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter and a few engineers at a career fair. From there they invited me to a screening interview, then an onsite. Screener started 15 minutes late. The onsite experience was good; I had lunch then met with three interviewers in a row (though again the planned schedule seemed like more of a suggestion).

Later, I was invited back to talk to the VP of Engineering, who presented my offer and answered questions (this was actually very interesting and helpful). After receiving the offer I also had dinner with a few more engineers, which was good to get a feel for the team I would be working on.

On the whole, the interview process was excellent. My recruiter was also very professional (responsive and helpful without getting annoying), and overall one of the best I've ever met.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and systems questions. They all seemed to be of average difficulty to me (compared to similarly selective companies).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rubrik (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email who had gotten my resume from an employee referral. He was very prompt and professional and set up an hour-long coding phone screen with an engineer. The engineer who conducted the interview was extremely patient, gave hints at the right times and sounded genuinely interested and engaged. I got a response the very next day. I unfortunately didn't prepare well enough so I didn't advance but it was still a surprisingly pleasant interview.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rubrik (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Most persuasive recruiter I have ever met! It was raining the day I interviewed. The recruiter drove me from college and back.

Fairly standard Software Engineering interviews, similar to Google's but more difficult. For a 5-interview process, the best thing was I got to have lunch with the small and cohesive engineering team, it felt like a family affair.

The interviewers were very friendly, gave hints whenever needed, and helped me through the solutions. At the same time, their attention to detail and stringent code-quality expectations is what impressed me the most.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithms, systems, and system design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rubrik in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled an interview after few weeks. It was a video interview. One coding question. Need to code on codassium.
    The interviewer was friendly and helped while writing the code.

Interview Questions

• A table has some number of balls at various positions on a line segment. All are moving with same speed in one or the other direction. Wherever a collision occurs they change direction. A ball falls from the edges of the table. Find the time when all balls fall of the table given initial position of each ball and speeds.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubrik.

Interview

I applied online for Software Engineer position at Rubrik. The interviewer was an ex-Google employee. The interview was smooth and the interviewer was quite helpful and dropping hints. I took some time to think through the solution. I think that was where I made a mistake.

Practicing Leetcode or other coding sites is really helpful. It helps quicken thinking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rubrik (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screen then 4 rounds of on-site. The interviewers seem smart but if you're not from Google/Facebook then you will be treated harshly/differently. Interviewing process is not well structured. Some questions are really abstract and no guidance is given, no collaboration, you can't brainstorm with the interviewer, so basically you have to guess what they would like and come up with the solution, not a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Solve this question as if you have all-day to solve it but you still have to solve it within the interview time window.
      Why haven't you worked at Google/Facebook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rubrik (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a brief self introduction and then is the online coding part. I got only one coding question. The entire process is done on a video chat and codepad. After that, I got a chance to ask some questions. It's around 50 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• One coding question: Give you a tree, add a new node to the end of the last level. It the last level is full, append this new node to a new level.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rubrik in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online was selected. The recruiter was nice, however, the interviewer sucked. He never explained the problem properly and wanted you to come up with a solution on it in less than 45 min. If you interview with them keep your heads open to the hard questions of leetcode. If you have the leetcode mugged up ;you are good to go

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rubrik (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter through LinkedIn. She was quick and helpful. Scheduled the phone interview as per my availability, but it was only for 30 mins.
    Phone Interview was strange, it was Video interview and only for 30 mins. It created a confusion, from my side, where I was not aware of the video interview. We quickly connected and interviewer rushed on me and asked to implement a problem and mentioned which just have 22 mins left. I completed the code, he was looking good with it and then suddenly the next date I get rejected, with no explanation.
    Not sure, what that guy was looking for, or not sure if he really got my solution. But the company is good, so go for it.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Agree with previous comments about Leetcode. The interviewers asked silly coding questions (find path in an island with lot of mines etc, seriously? at least frame the problem differently. Looks like the interviewer took a problem straight out of a coding contest and posed it to me.)
    No questions were asked that remotely related to my experience or the position being interviewed for.

These seem to be in hiring frenzy right now. The interviews themselves are not hard if you practiced Cracking the coding interview, medium level leetcode etc.

Interview Questions

• Find best path in a hill with mines.
      Maximums in a sliding window
      Interval intersection.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubrik.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The interview process is pretty standard - a technical phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Overall, the whole interview process was quick and straightforward, which I really appreciated.