Rush Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (New Braunfels, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Very odd. Was emailed a psychology exam (personality assessment) with no introduction or instructions at all. I filled it out and assumed it was meant for me? Anyways, a week passed and they contacted me about an interview. That took another few weeks. The HR person spoke with me several times and made this seem like a very complicated process.

Once I was interviewed, I met with 4 different groups of people. The interview lasted over 2 hours and I felt great about it. Unfortunately, I have never heard back from these people.

They asked many questions about my background in technology, why I wanted to work there and some challenges I have faced in the past.

I walked out of the interview expecting an offer but have not even had a phone call or email and it's been a month now.

Interview Questions

• Specific experience with technologies like AWS, Entity Framework, MVC, Angular, etc.I also asked them about their PTO/time-off policy which turns out is only two weeks a year. The 401k matching only goes up to 40 percent.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (Lubbock, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call to schedule interview. Just one in person interview before an offer was extended. The time between the interview and the offer took over three weeks. Interview was simple no behavioral questions or anything like that. Just trying to see if you are cut out for the job and get to know you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (Lubbock, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual but had a lot of applicants going for the same position so there was pressure. I went in with a positive attitude and focused on making them laugh. I made two follow up emails thanking them for the opportunity to interview and making their day harder (as a joke). out of 10 applicants I got the job because "[you] had character]"

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Semi Trucks   2 Answers

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a voice mail to call back for a phone interview. I called a few times before I was able to talk to the service manager and set up an in person interview. The interview went well and there was great prospects I was going to get hired. I didn't here back from them and had to call in to see if I was hired. The person in HR forgot to call me. I had to take a drug test before I could commence employment. During the first week I had to take another drug test due to my religious association.

Interview Questions

• Was I married? Did I have children?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises.

Interview

I applied in person, the assistant manager gave me a mini-interview, asking questions on the application I filled out, then told me when the manager would come in, he would look at all the applications. I got called for an official interview, sat down with the manager privately. Asks standard questions, gave an overview of the job,etc.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (Memphis, TN) in January 2019.

Interview

Lack of professionalism with interviews. An email was received in the morning and stated that an interview had been set up for me but it was the morning of without notice or without heads up notification to prepare or call out of work. Then when suggested a phone due to the lack of notice no communication followed or attempt to want to reschedule.

Shop Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

sat down with service manager and general manager, they asked multiple questions about my background and knowledge on certain engines and transmissions, they also gave a tour of the shop and took me out to eat lunch with them after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i had any Certifications relating to their equipment.   Answer Question

Grant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (New Braunfels, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied 6/12
    Recruiter interview 6/19
    Manger interview 6/26
    Emailed recruiter 7/10
    Emailed recruiter again 8/2
    Emailed recruiter again 8/6 and was told that the position had been filled.
    Found out on 8/23 it had been filled 3 weeks prior

I never received anything from the recruiter letting me know that this position was filled, I kept having to reach out.

Director Level Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises.

Interview

I was contacted via Linkedin by a recruiter with Rush regarding a position they thought I was perfect. After the initial phone call, their follow thru, contact response, etc was less than stellar. Phone appointments missed with no apology.
    I received automated emails inviting me to take 3 assessments but nothing after that.

And they contacted me.

Interview Questions

• First question, why do you want to work at Rush?   1 Answer

Director of Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rush Enterprises (New Braunfels, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The people that interviewed me had no experience with the position, they didn't know what a competency was when I discussed competency modelling. Questions were mostly generic, it was really more about fitting into the culture and if you sounded like you knew what you were talking about, you were hired. Company was 48 years old, no training department. CEO not a big believer in traning.

Negotiation

Pretty simple, able to up my salary